• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who sells the best in the WWE right now?

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
Not sure if there's been a thread on this made or not, if so go ahead and delete and my apologies. I was watching Evan Bourne's match last night against The Miz and thought of this thread idea. Who can sell a move the best in the WWE? HBK's always been notorious for his selling and overselling of moves, Ric Flair for his comedic ways of selling and the famous Flair Face Flop. Evan Bourne imo is really good at selling moves, he just makes everything look more painful, and in some cases has hurt himself in the process. So tell me, who sells the best?

Evan Bourne example: [youtube]06BPgkTEAD4[/youtube]

I'd go with HBK on this one, although his unconscious kick up makes very little sense sometimes and isn't the best for selling(but it is very entertaining.). Besides that noone makes a beating look more real then HBK.

hahaha, i watched this over and over, i love how he got so nailed by the spear, yh bourne kinda makes them look so painful, but HBK is good as is Orton, i remember seeing him smack the mat when he took a back suplex the other week and it was really original and since them i've seen JTG do the same and Tatsu, obviously both trying to follow in the footsteps of one of the best sellers and in my opinoin the best in the world...Orton! :D

If you would have ask me this 3 Years ago, Then 100% HBK Shawn Michaels.
He can sell any move, even if its a punch he can make it look like the worst punch ever.
Hes been around forever and with that comes the knowledge to know how to sell a move.

Now, fast forward to today, with the new dynamic, Evan Bourne. Boy can this kid sell a move, when anyone does a finisher or a secondary finisher, dam he can make it look like hes dead, and its awesome because he does it so well at such a young age too, and on occasions actually gets hurt doing it.

My Pick: Shawn Michaels. Hes been around longer and is a master at it. But close second is Evan Bourne.

***This is all Current Superstars. I'm not going back to the retired/released guys.***

Evan Bourne is a pretty good seller but the correct answer is Freddie Prinze Jr. I mean, one back breaker and the dude is fearing for his life. That was ridiculous oversell and the commentary team were fucking atrocious after it, apologising to him for the actions of Randy Orton.

On a serious not though, I would have to say that Randy Orton is a very good seller, he makes everything look very real and does it well. The worst seller is undoubtedly Mr Perfect. Watch him in the 2002 Royal Rumble. OMG! He is fucking horrible. Sometimes people are punching the fuck out of him and he is just standing there, not even moving his head in the slightest. It is good for a lugh if you have a spare hour and a bit though. But yeah, Rnady Orton or Evan Bourne are very good at selling other people's moves.

I have to agree with the majority that both Orton and Bourne can sell almost anything Remember when Orton had to sell Shane's punches? He almost had me believing that Shane wasn't god-awful with his punches, but rather he had super phantom punches that didn't even need to connect. Anyway, the only other thing I really wanted to say was that when Orton sold that back suplex from Kennedy, wasn't he legitimately angry and hurting? I thought I read that Orton was on the wrong end of a Kennedy botch. Since then I don't really recall Orton selling anything quite like that, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't really selling anything, just hurt and pissed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd go with HBK on this one, although his unconscious kick up makes very little sense sometimes and isn't the best for selling(but it is very entertaining.). Besides that noone makes a beating look more real then HBK.

Does anyone remember the hogan-hbk match, it was at summerslam i think. HBK was horribly overselling, and since I am not a hogan fan, I thought it was so entertaining. He took a big boot, fell to the ground, got up and fell again. Then he took one punch and jumped over the top rope. It was pretty funny.

As for the question at hand. I would say Orton is certainly up there. He is very easy to believe. Same goes for Edge. Whenever I see him, I always believe that he is legitimately hurt, and always enjoy his matches.

Orton is perhaps one of the best sellers there is today, he makes his opponents look legit and makes it look realistic. Selling is an art form, however while I love Orton and just said he is one of best, he is right now, however I could do this justice without mentioning one man even though he's not in the WWE anymore. Mick Foley, that man could sell anything and make anyone looks good.

gotta agree with evan bourne, but i always thought RVD was a great seller of moves, always made them look painful.

gotta agree with evan bourne, but i always thought RVD was a great seller of moves, always made them look painful.

RVD always did sell great. That RKO he took from Orton that floats around YouTube looks insane, but that's how he is.

On a serious not though, I would have to say that Randy Orton is a very good seller, he makes everything look very real and does it well. The worst seller is undoubtedly Mr Perfect. Watch him in the 2002 Royal Rumble. OMG! He is fucking horrible. Sometimes people are punching the fuck out of him and he is just standing there, not even moving his head in the slightest. It is good for a lugh if you have a spare hour and a bit though. But yeah, Rnady Orton or Evan Bourne are very good at selling other people's moves. Orton is perhaps one of the best sellers there is today, he makes his opponents look legit and makes it look realistic. Selling is an art form, however while I love Orton and just said he is one of best, he is right now, however I could do this justice without mentioning one man even though he's not in the WWE anymore. Mick Foley, that man could sell anything and make anyone looks good.

Really? Do you guys not remember that there were times when HHH beat the living shit out of him, yet he would be walking 2 min later. He sells well sometimes, but at other times he is horrible.

I agree with Bourne and HBK being good sellers, they always make there opponents look legit. Hardy and Edge aren't bad either. Freddy Prinze Jr may the best seller lol jk.

I'll go for Finlay. Because selling moves is important but I think selling injuries is more important and Finlay is best at selling his injuries. Really he sells his injuries like he's really hurt. Do you remember his match with Regal in KOTR 2008. I thought he was dead. When he sells his arm injury he makes you think his arm is really fucked up. Evan Bourne may sell moves better but he doesn't give me the feeling he's really hurt that Finlay gives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back