Who knows women better than Republicans? Missouri Republicans!

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.

Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...e-rape-rarely-results-in-pregnancy/?hpt=hp_c1

I wonder if this guy will get my vote.

Oh, and before Davi comes in to talk about how Democrats are pro murdering babies, I want to point out this viewpoint is NOT shared by Mitt Romney...

...at least not today. Check back tomorrow. :)

I saw this yesterday and was going to make this thread but I got sidetracked.

Later on he talks about how the rapist should be punished but not the child. Translation: "The mom? Why should we worry about her having to go through this? I mean...she's a woman so she doesn't matter right?"

"Shut the whole thing down?" ...how?

Don't you know anything about women Crock?

There is a red button under every woman's vagina labelled "Panic Room". Once pressed during a legitimate rape, lead walls surround a woman's eggs blocking any sperm. Once the rape is complete the eggs shoot out the woman's asshole.

Don't you know anything about women Crock?

There is a red button under every woman's vagina labelled "Panic Room". Once pressed during a legitimate rape, lead walls surround a woman's eggs blocking any sperm. Once the rape is complete the eggs shoot out the woman's asshole.

I would honestly not be surprised if this were a legitimate belief among certain people.

I've never understood 'It's really rare' to be a reason for this to be illegal - if you were one of the 'rarities' in this situation, I doubt you would care whether 1 or 1000 women had been in your position before you. If it helped just one person, it's worth it.

Second, I wonder if these horrible politicians would feel the same if it were their wives carrying a rapists child? I somehow believe that they wouldn't be very happy with their wife carrying anothers baby, with themselves sleeping next to it at night, having sex with her while it's inside her etc.

Third, I would LOVE to know what these 'bodily responses' are. Could he have been more vague about that?

Fourth, do Republicans believe in hugely increasing the budget to pay for all of those unwanted children who will be placed into the care system?

So what counts as 'legitimate' and 'illegitimate'?

Does the defence of "oh well I accidentally fell over and my accidentally erect penis accidentally penetrated her vagina" hold water in Todd Akin's book?

Whether the woman consented. If she gets pregnant with a rape baby then she obviously wanted sex and therefore wasn't raped. That is what is being implied here. Jesus.

What's funny is that his opponent, Claire McCaskill has been running a ton of campaign ads in my area of the state, each one ending with the message that Akin is simply too conservative for Missourians. Why that's funny is because the area I live is EXTREMELY conservative. For example, our local Congress woman is Jo Ann Emerson, and she usually wins with roughly 70% of the vote. So when McCaskill runs ads telling us Akin is too conservative, I just laugh.

And then Akin does this. And if people actually pay attention to the news, McCaskill very well may earn some needed votes from the area. All I can say is I hope this moron loses.
So what counts as 'legitimate' and 'illegitimate'?

Whether the woman consented. If she gets pregnant with a rape baby then she obviously wanted sex and therefore wasn't raped. That is what is being implied here. Jesus.
Exactly.

I think what is being implied is that there is a dichotomy of rape cases wherein women can or can not be apportioned the blame.

I'm going to assume that this neanderthal would treat any sign of sexual provocation on the woman's behalf as decreasing the 'legitimacy' of any rape.

I think what is being implied is that there is a dichotomy of rape cases wherein women can or can not be apportioned the blame.
If by that you mean he's saying if a woman gets pregnant then it obviously wasn't a legitimate rape, then yes, that's what he's saying.

I'm going to assume that this neanderthal would treat any sign of sexual provocation on the woman's behalf as decreasing the 'legitimacy' of any rape.
I remember reading about a rape case years ago, back in the 90s, where the defense argued that because the victim wore a thong under her jogging pants, she was essentially asking for sex.

I'm assuming Mr. Akin would agree.

I'm reminded of this quote from a then senior BNP leader (UK's most extreme right-wing nutcases):

"I've never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime ... Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal.

"To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting that forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence. A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched.

"The demonisation of rape is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the rape myth are either morons or traitors."

Source: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayo...t-than-rape-bnp-candidate-claims-6655808.html

I was leaning the same way. Like if it happens on a date it is not legitimate, if the woman was drinking it was not legitimate, if it happens at a fraternity house it was not legitimate, if it was him or one of his male relatives it is not legitimate or if she was not wearing a skirt that hangs below the knee it was not legitimate.

However in Missouri, this is all superceded by if the man is black and the woman is white it is definitely a legitimate rape. Even if the woman thinks otherwise.

However in Missouri, this is all superceded by if the man is black and the woman is white it is definitely a legitimate rape. Even if the woman thinks otherwise.
Actually, Missouri isn't as bad about that as you might think. Racism still exists, obviously, but it's not what you'd find in the more southern states like Texas or Louisiana.

Actually, Missouri isn't as bad about that as you might think. Racism still exists, obviously, but it's not what you'd find in the more southern states like Texas or Louisiana.

I'm just busting your balls and trying to be funny.

Clearly the election of McCaskill is evidence that Missouri has a decent progressive populace.

I'm just busting your balls and trying to be funny.
Ahh. Should have tried harder. ;)

Missouri is backwards in a lot of ways, and certainly deserving to be made fun of for a lot of reasons, but I could think of worse places to live.

Clearly the election of McCaskill is evidence that Missouri has a decent progressive populace.
Her seat is going to be close. If not for this comment, I would have expected her to lose. Now she has a good chance, but not a definitive win.

I look forward to when this guy gets elected and passes the she was asking for it law that finally clarifies which outfits demand to be raped.

I wonder how many voters would go for this. Now off the record, some women might make up a bullshit story about being raped, especially underage girls. But a "she was asking for it" law? I make no qualms about being ignorant to a lot of government news and whatnot, but this is beyond ludicrous. Where I come from and how I was raised, if a woman says no, whether serious or even half serious, progressing in a sexual act by a man or another woman constitutes an attempt at rape. Let's be real, yes, there are women who advertise their promiscuity in their wardrobe, underwear, and tattoos. And yes, to a degree the things I named off can be stereotypical. But to say that its a woman's fault for being sexually assaulted based on a "tramp stamp" is asinine. Like if I rob a liquor store or a bank, is it their fault for having too much money on hand to entice me? Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back