• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is Training Garrett Bischoff?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
For those who didn't watch iMPACT! last night, in a mid-show segment it was revealed that Garrett Bischoff, son of Eric, was training with someone his father "wouldn't like". The segment was probably one of the worst acted ones all night, but it's intriguing nonetheless as these types of angles usually are despite the fact they're featuring green performers or guys who's ring abilities are... lacking.

My initial thoughts lean toward anyone not being featured on iMPACT! of late which could be Mr. Anderson or maybe Brian Kendrick, both of whom have had their spats with ATM Eric in TNA before, but then I got to thinking... maybe Hogan? Obviously they had their split on air and Hogan fell behind the scenes, but I can't imagine he or TNA want to keep him off television forever here...

It's still plenty early, but any ideas/guesses/hopes on who is training Garrett?

It's still plenty early, but any ideas/guesses/hopes on who is training Garrett?

Definitely Hogan in my opinion. He's stated on Twitter to be supportive of Garrett's angles and matches (when discussing the Gunner mini-feud) and I think there's been a couple of dirtsheet reports that he's coming back in a couple of PPVs, so there's that fact to link to it, if he gets in Garrett's corner. Add to that that he's Eric's friend and would have no problem using what's left of his drawing power and recent face turn to help put over his son, and it seems a logical conclusion to me.

Hulk Hogan because they want it to be a surprise and it will likely be someone that Bischoff likes or liked and Hulk Hogan fits that bill. Hulk Hogan and Garrett Bischoff will likely feud with both Flair and Gunner and Eric Bischoff when Hogan returns.

Hulk Hogan. If not, then Sting.

I say that cause they have been planning a big tag match with Hogan teaming with Garret, and if Hogan can't wrestle.... Sting can fill in.

I'm going to go with the others & say Hogan. It has to be someone Eric Bischoff has a history with, & Hogan is the logical choice. Sting wouldn't be much of a surprise, since he's been in Garrett's corner from the beginning. The only other option would be to bring in someone new from outside the company. But Hogan makes the most sense.

i think it maybe mick foley. cuz at the end of speech he did say "have a nice day". foley has always said that

If they're going for something to try and make as big of an impact as they possibly can, then Hulk Hogan is really the only way to go.

Hogan hasn't been seen since the IW following Bound For Glory and revealing him as the trainer could lead to a ratings pop and, most likely, an angle where he wrestles in a tag match with Garrett against his pop and Gunner.

I think it is going to be DANGEROUS DANNY DAVIS, from back in the WCW day's when he turned from referee to wrestler, and now he own OVW, and trains wrestler's. it woudl be a good move to get DANNY DAVIS on television to help cross promote TNA/OVW. DANNY DAVIS, and ERIC BISCHOFF have a long history.

as soon as i saw it my only thoughts were its either hogan or flair...more likely hogan hes face already and tna wants to have hogan & garrett vs eric & flair at lockdown....which would just suck but none the less thats who i think is his trainer

Really hope it's Ric Flair and not Hogan. A better story could be told using Flair and would be the ultimate surprise to Bischoff...or even someone from Bischoff's WCW/WWF past that has not appeared yet.

Hasn't it been reported that Hogan "might be" returning to Impact in the near future? If so, revealing The Hulkster as Garret's trainer would be a great way to write him back on the show.

I'd love to see the trainer be someone else, maybe Flair? We haven't seen Mr. Anderson on TV in a while, either. There are a lot of good options here: it could be someone we haven't seen on TV for a while (but is currently on the Impact roster), it could be someone close to Eric that would be "turning", or it could be someone brand new to the company (as a way to bring that "someone" in).

I think whoever it is, it would work best to have it be someone relatively "old school" to act as Garret's manager. Having a current roster member (Anderson, for example) would be a waste...as someone like that would work better in their own program. Hogan is a perfect candidate for Garret's trainer, as we would see yet another "Hogan vs. the Boss" angle. Not exactly the most creative storyline, but the most plausible.

Obviously this reveal is going to "shake the foundation of the wrestling business as we know it, FOREVER!"! Haha!

Since he only knows 3 moves, it HAS to be hogan. Sorry I couldn't help myself. It could be anyone because storyline wise only a few people get along with Bischoff. And in the real world, even MORE people dislike him.

how about heyman? paul e. has a little history with bichoff and that would be a major suprise. maybe paul e could bring lesnar with him. that might get a pop. i hope its not hogan although that seems to be the direction they are going but maybe they are going for a real suprise and a change in direction. there are the ted turner rumors and all and i havent heard much from heyman lately(sorry if spelled wrong !)

My initial thoughts lean toward anyone not being featured on iMPACT! of late which could be Mr. Anderson or maybe Brian Kendrick, both of whom have had their spats with ATM Eric in TNA before, but then I got to thinking... maybe Hogan? Obviously they had their split on air and Hogan fell behind the scenes, but I can't imagine he or TNA want to keep him off television forever here...

My first instinct was to just assume it was Hogan, and I didn't give it further thought. I have seen a couple people kicking around the idea of Mr. Anderson, and that also makes alot of logical sense.

But, I'd like to say IDR, I love your proposal of Brian Kendrick. It's definitely not the sexy pick, and would be the most underwhelming reveal, but ultimately it might be the best possible scenario for the longterm with Garrett. If it leads to a tag team with Kendrick and Garrett that could be really interesting. I think that Kendrick and the tag division need each other right now, and I'm shocked that he wasn't included in the wild card tourney because all he needs is a partner. Teaming him with Garrett gives him that partner, they look like thay could fit as a team, and tagging with such an experienced tag team worker like Kendrick could help to hide some of Garrett's present "green-ness". I think eventually they're a duo that could work out and get over.

I do think that any speculation beyond Hogan is likely all for not though, as he is almost assuredly the mystery trainer.

You've got to give it up for TNA's production team. The video package from this week's Impact made the Bischoff - Bischoff segment look like a million bucks. I enjoyed the training montage, and I'm actually excited (somewhat) to see who they pick to "train" Garret.

The obvious choice is Hogan. The rumor mill spun the potential Hogan/Bischoff vs. Flair/Bischoff feud going into Lockdown months ago, and as far as I know that's still a plan in the works. In theory it's the best way to get Garret out there, but I think we all know how it'll go over. The fans will complain about Garret in the spotlight, Hogan won't actually be able to wrestle, and the angle will (likely) flop. I did enjoy how BFG turned out though, so maybe they can surprise me again? I'm thinking Hogan/Sting/Garret vs. Eric/Gunner/Flair would go over much better, and cover up EB and Hogan's inability to wrestle.

It won't be Flair. They're not going to have Flair and Hogan face at the same time. It leaves Eric Bischoff in an odd place as the only heel between the three, and as they "came in together" and have traveled as a pack, maintaining control of TNA it just looks weird. They're not going to leave Bischoff stranded out in the heel ocean by himself, not with Hogan and Sting already in face positions. Flair is in deep with Gunner right now anyways, and I don't see that going away any time soon?

Foley has a legend's contract with WWE officially. I've never been sure exactly what that means, but I'm guessing he won't be showing up in TNA any time soon.

The outside choice is Ken Anderson. Kendrick is a dark horse, but it would be interesting to say the least. Not sure there's much sales potential in that idea, but it would be different. :shrug: Apparently "creative has nothing for" Anderson right now, which probably means it wont be him. I wouldn't mind it though, and I certainly wouldn't mind a Anderson/Flair feud stemming off from it.

And then there's the small chance they could bring in an outside name to shock everyone. If they took that route I'm not sure where they would go with it and still make a huge impact. I mean, unless they managed to sign somebody like Goldberg, I just don't see it being a big deal. The smart money is on Hogan.

The sexy pick is Hulk Hogan. I just see this being a Hogan and Garrett vs. Flair and Eric at Lockdown to help sell more tickets to a show not in Orlando. Of course Flair and Hogan would be the ones to sell tickets.

You can go down the list of wrestlers not names Hogan who actually have history with Eric Bischoff and most of them are signed with the WWE.

However in the WWE did John Morrison ever have a memorable moment with Eric Bischoff? I ask this because he could be a sleeper pick if there was ever history there.

The sexy pick is Hulk Hogan. I just see this being a Hogan and Garrett vs. Flair and Eric at Lockdown to help sell more tickets to a show not in Orlando. Of course Flair and Hogan would be the ones to sell tickets.

You can go down the list of wrestlers not names Hogan who actually have history with Eric Bischoff and most of them are signed with the WWE.

However in the WWE did John Morrison ever have a memorable moment with Eric Bischoff? I ask this because he could be a sleeper pick if there was ever history there.
Actually Morrison and Bischoff have a history...

On March 1, 2004 Hennigan debuted on the Raw brand under the ring name "Johnny Blaze". He was the assistant of Eric Bischoff, then they changed the name one more time until he became Johnny Nitro. He was fired when he lost a match to Eugene where the loser would get fired. Then he was sent to OVW to work and develop only to come back to SmackDown in 2005 as a member of MNM: Mercury, Nitro and Melina.

Since he doesn't have a non compete clause he could have signed for TNA already.

Since he doesn't have a non compete clause he could have signed for TNA already.
Says who?

I mentioned this earlier out of sheer ridiculousness, but what if Goldberg signed with TNA and was revealed as Garret's trainer? Hogan is the OBVIOUS choice and everyone knows it, but what if for once TNA's "blockbuster announcement" or "huge acquisition" was actually a big deal?

[Heel] Green Ranger;3664354 said:
Says who?

I mentioned this earlier out of sheer ridiculousness, but what if Goldberg signed with TNA and was revealed as Garret's trainer? Hogan is the OBVIOUS choice and everyone knows it, but what if for once TNA's "blockbuster announcement" or "huge acquisition" was actually a big deal?
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=63877&p=1

Here it is:

Q: Does John Morrison still have a 90 day no compete clause to abide by even though his contract expired rather then him being released?
A: No, when his deal expired, he was free and clear to go anywhere he'd like.

I wasn't sure about it but I knew I had read it somewhere. As you can see it can be Morrison, it doesn't make much sense, but it could be. Maybe Morrison will return to WWE at Royal Rumble to fight Laurinaitis, I don't know. I'm not defending that option either, I'm just saying he can compete for TNA whenever they want.

When Garett said he had a new trainer my initial thought/hope was that it's the Immortal One, Hulk Hogan. Hogan hasn't been seen on TV for a while and they need him back so he seems the obvious pick. With TNA being filmed in England next week and with Hulk Hogan being plastered all over the advertising it seems likely he'll return at the tapings. I can't wait to hear the reaction when he comes out, Wembley Arena might want to reinforce their roof, because it's getting blown off when the Hulkster enters the arena (the sole reason I've been on ebay frantically trying to get a ticket - Hulk Hogan is coming to England!!!)

Also with Lockdown being flimed on the road, TNA will most likely want Hogan in a match to sell the tickets. The lack of on the road tapings has coincided with Hogan's absense so I definately think he'll be back soon so TNA can film more shows on the road. Hogan being Garett's trainer seems like the perfect way to bring him back and then at Lockdown you can have Hogan/Garett vs. Flair/Bischoff to sell the tickets.

Has to be Hogan, he's comming back as a face and it will be nice to see him 'pass the torch' so to speak-even if it is to Garrett (whom I hate!)

Just got my tickets to the tapings! Going to be an historic night!!!

I'm pretty sure Garrett's new trainer is Hogan which will rebuild the Hulkster as a Babyface again. I believe, Garrett will go over siding with Hogan, but some pay per views later, Garrett will show his Bischoff spots and turn on Hogan. Then we will get Eric Bishoff and the "son after his own heart" feuding and beating down the old-man Hogan. :twak:

Although I may get negative replies to this, but what if Garretts trainer could be Double J, Jeff Jarrett? Jarrett hasn't been on TV since Bound for Glory and this could be a good way to have him resurface on TV.

It wouldnt be Jeff Jarret. He is focused on the India Project right now. That is the reason they were fired off Television. Now if they have hired someone new, that would be great for publicity. If it is Hogan, then it will be business as usual. But TNA has been great lately. Even the commercials are getting better.

to me Hogan seems like the more likely person. he was previously connected with Eric Bischoff.

but I've also been hearing some rumours of another former wrestler. someone who saw time in WCW and later in WWE.. Goldberg?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back