Who is the toughest superstar in the WWE?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Back in the summer of 2000 in an article in WWF/E magazine. There was a story of who was "the toughest S.O.B. in the WWF?" (Outside of Stone Cold). And I believe that Hardcore Holly ranked number one. The countdown ran like this...

10. Kurt Angle
9. Crash Holly (R.I.P.)
8. Shane McMahon
7. Al Snow/The Mean Street Posse (tie)
6. Chris Benoit (R.I.P?)
5. Big Boss Man (R.I.P.)
4. Albert aka Tensai
3. Tazz
2. APA (Faarooq & Bradshaw)
1. Hardcore Holly.

Now if you had to choose, who would you say is currently the toughest superstar in the WWE?

Well, if part-timers apply, Brock Lesnar did win a World Title in UFC, so I'd go with him.

Among full time guys...I'll get heat for it but probably Cena.

THE ONE MAN BAND BABAYYY..... but with all joking aside,as of whats happening now in my opinion it would have to be Ryback he's pretty much destoryed every one that he's steeped in the ring with

Back in the summer of 2000 in an article in WWF/E magazine. There was a story of who was "the toughest S.O.B. in the WWF?" (Outside of Stone Cold). And I believe that Hardcore Holly ranked number one. The countdown ran like this...

10. Kurt Angle
9. Crash Holly (R.I.P.)
8. Shane McMahon
7. Al Snow/The Mean Street Posse (tie)
6. Chris Benoit (R.I.P?)
5. Big Boss Man (R.I.P.)
4. Albert aka Tensai
3. Tazz
2. APA (Faarooq & Bradshaw)
1. Hardcore Holly.

Now if you had to choose, who would you say is currently the toughest superstar in the WWE?

Historically, I'd say Haku and Bad News Brown were tougher than anyone on this list, except maybe Angle. As for toughest active WWEr, hard to say, for part-timers. Lesnar for sure. I might take a wild guess and say Tensai, for full-timers. And it has to be noted that HHH ensured a hellish injury a few years back and kept on going.

Many of the old timers will say that Haku was the toughest of their era. But an awful lot of them say that Harley Race was unbelievably tough as well. I might have to re-read my Bobby Heenan book. I believe he talks about both of them in there.

Rarely, in any era, do the guys point to the biggest man and say he was the toughest, but I do know that an awful lot of guys were pretty careful to respect Andre. I get the feeling that he was a pretty easygoing guy and not as likely as some others to mix it up, but I've heard guys say that they didn't want to know what he was like when you did really piss him off. Hogan sure makes it sound like he was afraid of Andre, but it always come off as a little self-serving when it comes out of Hogan's mouth. Of course when Hogan says "good morning" you almost feel like it's self-serving.

Today's guys are really, really athletic. Lesnar has been a UFC heavyweight champ, and you have to respect that. But that's a sport, with well-defined rules. Maybe the toughest guys are the ones who do the best when there aren't any rules at all. In ten years when most of the current generation has moved on, we'll probably start to hear stories about which guys were the toughest. It's not always good for the company to talk about how all the current upper card is actually afraid of some mid-carder.

Excluding Lesnar, it's Wade Barrett. Motherfucker was a shoot fighter. Puts him ahead of most by default.

Justin Roberts.

imager.php

Alberto Del Taco, cause of his background in amateur wrestling & MMA. Would've said Lesnar for the same reason but he's a part-timer.

I've also heard that Kane is one of the toughest from stories of how much he has bench repped, and this one story Brock told in an interview about him & the boys having an arm-wrestling contest in which he easily beat everybody except Kane. Here it is:

Kurt and I competed against each other at EVERYTHING. We hated losing to each other, but it was all in good fun. We even wrestled in the back - he was a little weasel. That was our things, and it went on for a very long time. Even today, there is no way I will let Kurt beat me at something.

At one of the events, the guys in the back were all testing their strength through arm-wrestling and 'mercy'. Most of them were there to 'impress the divas'. I remember running through all of them, even Paul [Big Show], who had bananas for fingers. The only guy I remember being stronger than me and it pissed me off because I hated not being first, was Kane. No one in the WWE was as strong as that guy. Trying to slam his arm down was like trying to push over a tree with one arm.

The life style was too much for me. Right now, I am doing what I love to do - sleep, train, fight and spend time with my family. That is all that matters to me.

Alberto Del Rio with Barrett in second place(Could be interchangeable but i saw Del Rio do a deadlift belly to belly in one of his MMA fights)

Daniel Bryan.

Have you not seen his beard? Beards = manliness and manliness = toughness.

The numbers don't lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back