• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Mr TNA?

Who Is Mr TNA?

• AJ Styles

• Jerry Lynn

• Jeff Jarret

• Christopher Daniels

• Sting

• Christian Cage

• Other (Please Specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Vinci's Nightmare

WZCW's Own Arch Angel 0-1
sorry, I dont know if this has been done yet. I searched through all of the TNA part and couldn't find it.

So My question is...Who is Mr TNA?

The choice's are:

AJ Styles - This kid has done everything in TNA. He has been with TNA since its inception. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • NWA World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
  • NWA World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Jerry Lynn (1), Abyss (1) and Christopher Daniels (2)
  • TNA X Division Championship (6 times)
  • TNA Triple Crown Championship (3 times)
  • "Mr. TNA" in 2003, 2004, and 2005
  • TNA Tag Team of the Year in 2006 – with Christopher Daniels
  • TNA Match of the Year in 2006 – with Christopher Daniels vs. Latin American Exchange at No Surrender
Jerry Lynn - He pretty much pioneered the X Divsion. That was the one thing that TNA prided itself on for so long. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • TNA X Division Championship (2 times)
  • NWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with A.J. Styles (1)[2] and Amazing Red (1)
  • 2004 World X-Cup Winner (with Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, and Elix Skipper as Team USA)
Christopher Daniels - He is one of the main stars in TNA. He joined shortly after it's inception and provided many great moments. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • NWA World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Low Ki & Elix Skipper as Triple X (3), James Storm (1), and A.J. Styles (2)
  • TNA X Division Championship (3 times)
  • TNA Match Of The Year award in 2006 -- Ultimate X at No Surrender 2006 for the NWA World Tag Team Championship - with Latin American Exchange
  • TNA Tag Team Of The Year award in 2006 - with AJ Styles
  • TNA World X Cup winner in 2004 - with Jerry Lynn, Chris Sabin and Elix Skipper as Team USA
Jeff Jarrett - This part should be self explanetry. He helped create TNA, whith out him. this threat probably wouldnt exsist. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • NWA World Heavyweight Championship (6 times)
  • King of the Mountain (2 times--2004, 2006)
Sting - He was the first Major star that TNA signed. He has also helped put over many TNA stars. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Christian Cage - He was the first star that "jumped Ship" from WWE to TNA. Here is a list of accomplishments in TNA
  • NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
I have not put Kurt Angel in here because he has not been there long enough to create an big enough impact

when you think of TNA, the 1st thing u think of is the X Division and the 1st X Division star you think of is AJ Styles. Done everything in TNA and probably the biggest fan favourite. Deserves to be a MAJOR star in wrestling someday

I would have to say AJ, mainly for the fact that when you think of most of the other guys on that list, they each have achieved some level of success in other companies, while AJ is probably TNA's breakout star.

I voted other, and that other would have to be Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe is the total package, he cuts powerful promos, and is a sheer dominating force in the ring, that really gets fans behind him. Samoa Joe is one of those guys who could come to the ring and scoop slam a nun, and still get a big pop because "OMG ITS SAMOA JOE". Despite the fact that Joe doesnt have a world title reign under his belt (not counting his infamous reign as ROH World Champion, which I hold at the highest calibur of any world title reign ever) he is still one of, if not the company name sake when it comes to TNA. Samoa Joe has replaced AJ Styles as the new "Mr.TNA", hes the reason people watch (Not to take anything away from AJ Styles, who is phenomenal talent, no pun intended.)

I would have to say AJ, mainly for the fact that when you think of most of the other guys on that list, they each have achieved some level of success in other companies, while AJ is probably TNA's breakout star.

Completely agree. AJ has grown with the company and has been involved in so many great matches and pivotal moments as the brand has evolved. He defined the x division and has been a fantastic champion. I would say, however, that Christian Cage is the voice of TNA. He cuts some of the best promos in the business and is brilliant when it comes to progressing his storylines. A show without Cage is disappointing, and he and AJ are great together. I think Cage helps AJ to shine even more. It's good to see a veteran like Cage giving Styles that push.

AJ because he's got more talent then all the heavyweights combined in TNA. I hope to God he get's out of his contract and goes to WWE, it's not like he's gonna get another World title in TNA anyway.

I picked AJ, simply cause whenever some mentions TNA, he's the first guy that comes to mind, AJ is the total package in TNA he has won every title the company has on multiple occasions, and is the only guy in TNA to ever get two Best of DVDs, AJ Style is Mr. TNA hands down, he's been with with the company since the beginning and pretty much built the X-Division on his back

samoa joe. get off the crack, why isnt he on the list?
he certainly deserves to be more so then Sting.

I voted Jeff Jarrett for the fact without him, this conversation isn't being made. A strong second though comes to AJ Styles, the kid came in the latter days of WCW with Air Paris and made a quick name and would have eventually become a star in WCW had it not went out of business. Jarrett knew this as well, made the hire and AJ Styles made the X Division talk about worthy, and it's hard to watch him get buried underneath the "new-old" TNA talent.

I gotta admit it. There would be no TNA without Jeff Jarrett and lately, I've felt respect for the man. However, that being said, there are only two people I'd consider as Mr. TNA. One is Samoa Joe who the fans clearly love and he always puts on a good match to the best of his ability and more times than not succeeds. The other is Wildcat Chris Harris who is clearly paying his dues to get up to the top and also he did put on what was to me one of the best matches of the year in the Texas Death Match between him and James Storm. So that's my picks

I voted for Aj styles, he is the face of TNA, when you think of tna probably one of the first people that pop up in your head is Aj Styles. He is MR TNA 3 times he is a triple crown winner three times he has been in classic matches in the X division and in tag matches with Christopher Daniels. He is probably the hardest worker in TNA and he has been in there since its inception. His work rate is "phenomenal" he has tremendous ability because he can wrestle with the smaller guys and he has enough power to wrestle with the big guys. he puts on great matches to the best of his ability and most of the time succeeds. his accomplishments in tna are more than Cage and Stings combined so therefore through all his success i believe he is MR TNA.

AJ by far, he is the definition of home grown for TNA. Been with the company since it started, won every major title in TNA at least THREE times. And i love Joe but at the same time he is considering jumping to WWE which unless things get really bad for AJ in TNA i can't see him doing that and he even turned down a deal with them to go to TNA when it started up. If it wasn't for his current character he would be the face of TNA and him turning heel was only because f0r a hole year he won every title(2005-2006) so what was left but a heel turn. Plus this gives him a rest from all stress his match type puts on his body and allows him to slowly develop his mic skills while not being the center of attention. Soon he will feud with Christian and turn face and everything will be A-OKAY(at least it should)

Well tna does this award at the end of the year each year, and I think it's down to two toher people, both who are not up here. Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle. That is based on the last year of performances. Talent wise and who I would like see win it, Samoa Joe and then Chris Harris....

Mr TNA... NO DOUBT its AJ.. sorry but i dont really see how any1 can argue with this, but the guy is amazing, probably one of the few, or the only guy in the x division that can still put on a great match with big guys, and i think is the most talented out of the x division guys, that being said, he has also won and done everything in TNA, on more than 1 occasion...

and best of all, this is TNAs home grown talent, he didnt jump ship, he IS TNA... plain and simple, strated his big career there and made into something ''phenomenal'', any1 that thinks TNA thinks AJ

samoa joe is no doubt a great talent and deserves his title reign but IMHO when i think of joe i think of ROH, he had one of the most incredible title reigns in all of wrestling there, come on 21 month against so many talents, the guy is god there... and he hasnt been in TNA long enough, or done enough things, to make me think of him as Mr. TNA instead of Mr ROH ;), and it seems like hes willing to leave TNA at any moment for more money.. i wouldnt want some1 like that to be Mr. TNA...

^^ Joe has over a year left on his contract, so he won't leave until then, and he's still open to signing an extension, but he's said that he wants to leave things open for now...

:raven: :raven: :raven: I Think Mr. TNA Should Be Either AJ Styles Or Samoa Joe. Now I Think Samoa Joe Because He Completly Innovates His Own Style. I Mean Hes What... 350 Pounds? And He Can Still Do Highflying Moves. Now I Also Think AJ Styles Because Of His Increadibly Effortless Highflying Style. I Mean He Did A Springboard Backflip Inverted DDT Last Week And He Did It And Mad It Look Like It Was Easier Than Breathing.

The hardcore Stylists:raven:

I voted otherand the otheris none other than Samoa Joe. Heis a big guy that can actually wrestle. If WWE could learn to find thatit would be great. But anywaysI would not only vote Joe Mr. Tna, but M. Wrestling.

I voted other, and that other would have to be Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe is the total package, he cuts powerful promos, and is a sheer dominating force in the ring, that really gets fans behind him. Samoa Joe is one of those guys who could come to the ring and scoop slam a nun, and still get a big pop because "OMG ITS SAMOA JOE". Despite the fact that Joe doesnt have a world title reign under his belt (not counting his infamous reign as ROH World Champion, which I hold at the highest calibur of any world title reign ever) he is still one of, if not the company name sake when it comes to TNA. Samoa Joe has replaced AJ Styles as the new "Mr.TNA", hes the reason people watch (Not to take anything away from AJ Styles, who is phenomenal talent, no pun intended.)

Joe is a good choice but aj is the backbone of the company but between joe and aj the x division rules supreme
so with ur point my vote could really go ethier way

ok joe is a great wrestler no doubt, but MR. TNA isnt just for great wrestlers, if it was joe would have been MR. TNA by now, its for guys who have won many titles, or the heavyweight title at least, joe hasnt even won the heavyweight belt yet, though hes over due, but i dont think just because hes a great wrestler he should be MR. TNA, if that were the case we could have many MR. TNAs

but aj is a triple crown champion! on more then 1 occasion, like its been said b4, and he was with TNA from the start, his career was made in TNA, joes was made more in ROH =/... hes been in TNA for about 2 years and hasnt really won that many titles, so i really dont think he should be MR. TNA... yet... but if he sticks with TNA then he will be one no doubt

but who better to be MR. TNA than a ''tna original, tirple crown champion''?

if it was based only on talent even angle would also be MR. TNA even if he didnt win any belts...

I picked AJ Styles.

When the name Sting is mentioned, the promotion that comes to mind is WCW. Even though he's no longer in TNA, when Jerry Lynn is mentioned, the initials ECW are thrown in the image. If you hear the name of Christian Cage, 7 years in the WWE taking part in legendary and revolutionizing tag team matches as well as apart of one of the greatest tag team in the "Attitude era: out weights his two years in TNA as a former heavyweight champion. When Samoa Joe is mentioned, ROH is the essential promotion seeing that's where he came from and had an enormous run that will never be forgotten as a former champion versus the highest point in his career [in TNA] was only winning the X Division title during his couple years run in the promotion from Florida. When Jeff Jarrett's name is mentioned, you know his fame traces back to the WWE and WCW.

This only leaves Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles; two TNA originals that became actual names by being apart of TNA's roster since the beginning. Seeing AJ Styles WAS successful back when TNA was different as a former champion, I'm going to pick him over Daniels. AJ Styles is one of the very couple TNA superstars that makes you think of TNA before anything or any other promotion when his name is mentioned. Hell, TNA IS AJ STYLES! or at least it should be. Take some notes, Dixie Carter....

AJ Styles because he was the first all-around athlete in TNA. He was fast, athletic, and also strong. His matches were always great to watch. You didn't know what to expect from him whether doing a suicide dive or flipping from the top rope. AJ Styles is MR. TNA by no doubt.

Christian Cage clearly, I love his style, I love his promos, I just love everything about his character, and 'Captain Charisma' suits him perfectly, he is the TNA version of The Rock. It's a shame WWE didn't keep hold on him, because Christian is simply 'oozing' of charisma, and his in ring abaility is very good. TNA would not be where it is if it wasn't for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back