• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who has or had the best elbow drop in the business?

Sometimes I wonder if groups of you people get together and smoke crackpipe after crackpipe with some of these answers.

The People's Elbow...which isn't even really a move...it's more of a taunt/show before the finishing maneuver is BETTER than Macho Man Randy Savage's Flying Elbow Drop he pioneered and made famous??

Check into the clinic people. LOL. That's just absolutely ridiculous.

Macho Man pirched on the top rope...gradually standing tall with his hands raised in the air...that was something absolutely amazing and extremely over-the-top for it's time. A time where most people had a body slam, leg drop, sleeper hold, etc. as a finishing maneuver. The People's Elbow was the exact opposite. It was a satire move of sorts...that mocked the finishing moves of the past and was merely meant as a "taunt" of sorts...not an actual move. The People's Elbow came out in a time where high flying moves were running rampant...and this move was so much less. The exact opposite is to be said for Macho Man's Flying Elbow Drop.

The answer will always be the Macho King.

When you think past the attitude era which is hard for some people, one the best elbow drops in the business was Macho Man Randy Savage. The man perfected the move every time he went to the top rope. It was poetry in motion. Even though an elbow drop may not mean much today as far as finishers go, that elbow drop was perfect enough to take out any opponent.

I'm going to just offer a name into the realm of possibility, just for the sheer fact that I wanted to see his name, and no one said him. I will consent to Savage probably having the best, but Test? HBK? Shane McMahon?

Where the Hell's The Amaican Dweam, Dusty Rhodes! The man the way gave off that charisma, and the way he presented that attack made it look like God was coming down and hitting you with an elbow. His dancing with it, and his charisma while pulling off one of the most basic moves of all time should be commended. For years, Rhodes put people aways with those elbows of his. Race, Flair, Steamboat, all the great names were put down to Dusty's elbow. This was the move that won hundreds of titles, over the course of one of the most decorated careers of all time. Sure, it was just a dropped elbow, but it was done with such charisma, that the only person that could pull that off was Dusty Rhodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back