• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who has or had the best elbow drop in the business?

King Booka

Dark Match Winner
This is my second thread and even though this topic isn't the most in-depth subject, I still want to know what the people think.

This is a very simple question. Who do you think has the best variation of the elbow drop, past or present?
For me it is a tie between the " People's Champ" The Rock- " The People's Elbow" and "King Macho" aka Macho Man Randy Savage- " The Flying Elbow Drop". Savage had a sick elbow drop back in the day that looked flawless and devastating. The only 2 men that ever kicked out of it was warrior and hogan back in the day and that goes with out saying. The Rock's people elbow was so captivating and so fucking over that we didn't care that it was a simple elbow drop with a lot of theatrics. Everybody was absolutely waiting for him to do it in every match because it was the coolest move at the time next to the stone cold stunner.

Other wrestlers who has or had good elbow drop variation- (in my opinion) - Shawn Micheals, Test, Curt Hawkins, Dust Rhodes (bionic elbow), Lex Luger (running flying elbow) P.S. I know the flying elbow and the bionic elbows were not technically elbow drops but im counting them.

The Rock's was the most over, and he pinning Hogan and a lot of big stars with it.

But Macho's (pre 1992) version was just beautiful. MM FTW

Taking nothing away from Savage's Big Elbow... It was easily the best Top Rope Elbow ever... It looked awesome every time and like you said, only Hogan and Warrior kicked out of it and at the time neither of them would ever really lose clean and Savage was a Heel so it still says a lot about it...

But...

I would have to go with The People's Elbow!!! It was The MOST... Electrifying Move In The History Of Sports Entertainment!!! And that is really enough said about it...

From removing the pad and throwing it into the crowd, to the bouncing off both ropes, and the pause and then driving the elbow into the heart of his opponent(Sometimes mocking his opponent in the process of the move)... It was badass and we all waited for it every time he wrestled! Even when he was a Heel the crowd went nuts for it...

Honorable Mention to Teddy Hart for his Shooting Star Elbow Drop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQk8QLekH2U

the rock will always have the most electrifying elbow drop in wwe history, the people's elbow. lets face it, the rock is a better legend then dusty rhodes and macho man, and the way rock gets the crowd into it makes it even better,

curt hawkings? really? he debuted his new elbow finisher like two months ago and hes not exactley a big name like rock or macho man,

shawn michaels' elbow comes in second, every time hbk does his routine momentum moves you know its coming, and hbk maybe a bigger legend then rock, but hbk's elbow was only a signature and a set up for the sweet chin music, or if he just wanted to jump on an opponent for a ladder through a table or something he would do it.

Obviously the best elbow drops have to be:

The Rock's People Elbow. (because it looks awesome)

'Macho Man' Randy Savage. (he could soar through the air and hit a perfect elbow drop. OOHHH YEAH!!!!)

These are my favourites.

The Rocks was the best simply because of how over the move was, every time he went for it the croped POPPED as if is was some super high impact move when in reality it was just a simple elbow drop. Second goes to Randy Savage, that move was a thing of beauty.

I don't usually post on these but I simply must ask how in this thread we are getting anwsers from all sorts of names both deserving (Rock, Savage, HBK) and undeserving (Luger? Test? Curt Nobody?) how has no one mentioned the best IMO straight elbow drop of all? That of the legend Keiji Mutoh? This guys Flashing Elbow as it was called looked like he dropped his elbow straight threw his opponents heart.

Montel Vontavious Porter's "BAAAALLLLLINNNN" elbow drop!
:lol: Yeah right! Can you imagine if someone actually thought this is the best elbow drop?

Anyways the best elbow of all is the most electrifying move in sports-entertainment history. The People's-or Corporate- Elbow by The Rock.

2. Macho Man Randy Savage

3. HBK Shawn Michaels

When I saw the title for this, I immediately thought of Macho Man Randy Savage. I just love the way he would work it into his matches. Honorable mention goes to The Rock

macho man had a good elbow as does HBK but come on....eric young has a sick elbow...always good air always on target and it looks cool....savage is king of the elbow but EY is a close 2nd in my view

No one has even mentioned shane mcmahon's elbow. The amazing "leap of faith". When he climed to the top rope and jumped 3/4 across the ring, I just lost it. No matter if it was onto a wrestler that I like. Not to mention his stupid elbows from 50 feet in the air. Shane McMahon will always be remembered for being the guy that gave a flying elbow off of the Titan Tron. That move, to this day, is still considered one of the most remarkable stunts not only in WWE history, but of wrestlin history. Others I like, shawn michaels, and the rocks. Also what about undertaker's elbow off the top he's been doing for sometime now? But mcmahon's, to me, is the best elbow in this business.

Macho Man for me :) I was always on the Macho band wagon.
Shane McMahon's was a pretty good one too
The Rock's was the most electrifying move in the WWE but it wasn't the best Elbow Drop and realistically as a move it was pretty lame and was just a rework of the Hogan legdrop and Ultimate Warriors run back and forth like a moron then do a gay splash move :) Don't get me wrong it worked well in tandom with Rock Bottom.

Half the time he didn't even hit with the elbow it was more of a glancing blow, whereas the Macho Man's always looked like he hit the throat.

HBK's was ok, but it looked a little gay and was only a setup move for the Superkick

None of them did it with the grace of the Macho Man. and that was really Macho's only big move, so give him the nod. Oooooo Yeahhhh!!!!

What about the best elbow drop that never landed. That award would goto Ted Dibiase's backwards elbow drop off the ropes. Never saw him land it :) then again only got to see PPV's and occasional TV wrestling back in the 80's

Yep, I'm jumping on the bandwagon too, Macho Man has the number one spot, but Shane McMahons were just immense as they were mostly from the top rope through an announce table, but in a close third comes The Rock..just electrifying!!

I know this isn't an elbow drop but I liked Chynas handspring elbow :shrug:

1. The Most Electrifying Move in Sports Entertainment history... the People's Elbow by The Rock! huge pop every time this move was performed.

2. Macho Man Randy Savage and his Elbow Drop from the top rope. simply epic and quite possibly the man that started them all.

3. Shane McMahon and his Leap of Faith. it's not just the move that's cool, but the fact that he'd jump from the top turnbuckle thru his opponent on the announcer's table, from the titan tron, from the scaffolding, etc. this guy is freaking crazy!

honorable mentions: Cactus Jack and his running elbow drop off the apron. this is the definition of Hardcore!

In my opinion, The People's Elbow, Although The Rock hardly ever got all of it, It got the crowd so pumped up, The one where he did the slide was probably the best elbow I personally have ever seen.

Honourable mentions to;
"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
"Macho Man" Randy Savage and
Shane "The Product of Vince's Semen" McMahon

UGH at all the Rock mentions. The Rock's elbow drop was utter CRAP! Realistically, it loses almost all of its momentum as soon as he comes to a dead stop before dropping it. It looked good, but as a finisher, it made as much sense as Scotty 2 Hotty's worm. If he delivered the elbow without coming to a stop after bouncing off of the rope, sure, okay, its pretty good. But what the fuck is the point of bouncing off of the ropes and all of that, if you are going to stop before dropping it? Its bullshit.

Randy Savage's elbow drop, wasn't the second half of a finisher like the Rock Bottom, it was a finisher in and of itself. One Savage elbow drop ended the match against all opponents not named Hogan.

Well u gotta go with the peoples elbow, Such a big set-up for just a basic elbowdrop but the crowd loved it and so did i. Also a big fan of Shane Mcmahon 'Leap of Faith' and Hbks Elbow drop they come in a close second.

This would have made a good poll!

My pick is Greg Valentine's elbow drop. I always liked the way he 'wound up' his arm before delivering it.

First and foremost, Macho Man has the best finishing Elbow Drop in the business. As far as technical elbow drops go, Bret Hart has always had my nod.

( Seeing as I can not time stamp a exact location on WrestleZone Forums, here's the link to an example of the elbow drop from Bret Hart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpWZkt5qJSM#t=7m10s )

Valentine, Garvin, Shane-O and HBK are honorable mentions.

Easily goes to Macho. He made a simple move look absolutely Devastating. You know that when he was on the top rope, fingers to the sky it was game over for his opponent. No one has done it nearly as good since. HBK's is ok but it's just a setup move in his arsenal. Macho's was a convincing finisher.

I am shocked...SHOCKED! that no-one has said the best elbow drop is Juventud Guerrerra's rip off of the Peoples Elbow....The Juvi Elbow!!!

The Juice Is Loose!!

Hahaha seriously though, The Rock and Macho Man have to be the top two, too hard to say which would be number one though. If it was top rope elbow drops, then Savage, but if it was normal elbows drops then it would be The Rock. Shawn Michaels would be in 3rd place for me

I guess the crowd didn't pop when Savage used the flying elbow. The Rock's was the weakest out of all of them. I would take Test's flying elbow over Rock's any day of the week. Savage made the elbow popular as you can tell by how the way wrestlers like HBK and Test use theirs.

1. Savage
2. Test
3. HBK

To be truthfully honest, i have been confused my whole life whether this is an elbow drop or a fist drop, but ill say it anyway- The Worm. It might not seem like much, but that move was executed perfectly. Scotty 2 Hotty made this move perfect, and it just looked like a great in ring move, even though it was inconvenient in certain situations, it was one hell of a move.

I can't believe Know one put Tyson kid in here.He has a Sick spring board Elbow drop.Same with curt hawkins.Its a rather plain move but it has definetly had its effect on wrestling.What about the Dusty elbow? Would that be considered? Only The rock and Dusty can make an elbow drop as popular as they did

UGH at all the Rock mentions. The Rock's elbow drop was utter CRAP! Realistically, it loses almost all of its momentum as soon as he comes to a dead stop before dropping it. It looked good, but as a finisher, it made as much sense as Scotty 2 Hotty's worm. If he delivered the elbow without coming to a stop after bouncing off of the rope, sure, okay, its pretty good. But what the fuck is the point of bouncing off of the ropes and all of that, if you are going to stop before dropping it? Its bullshit.

Randy Savage's elbow drop, wasn't the second half of a finisher like the Rock Bottom, it was a finisher in and of itself. One Savage elbow drop ended the match against all opponents not named Hogan.

concerning The Rock's "People's Elbow"... let's not forget that this is, in fact, "Sports Entertainment". the question was not "which elbow drop is the most realistic and would deliver the most damage if done in real life?". the question on this thread was "which is the best elbow drop?". i would think, as apparently many others did also, that this also includes the elbow drops that are entertaining. just a guess though.

also, besides Hogan, Warrior kicked out of the Macho Man Elbow Drop at WrestleMania 7. if memory serves, he actually kicked out of three of them. also, didn't Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat kick out of a Macho Man Elbow Drop at WrestleMania 3? but i do get your point. it was a pretty impressive finisher that did put most opponents away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back