Who Does Bully Ray Fight at Genesis?

jholcomb22

Pre-Show Stalwart
After the events of last weeks Impact, Bully Ray is currently suspended. I think it is a foregone conclusion that he will be back by Genisis on Sunday since the advertisements feature him prominently.
I assume this Thursday, he will get reinstated and put into a match at Genisis, but who with. Rumors have reported that Hogan is going to wrestle again, but is it going to be this soon? I really don't want to see a Bully vs Hogan match, but I don't see any other solution.
Both Hogan and Bully are in the tweener phase right now, neither seems to be a face or a heel, and if Hogan picks somebody to fight Bully for him, it will seemingly draw the line of where they are taking these characters.

Am I looking too much into this and it will be Hogan vs Bully at Genisis?

Is Hogan going to pick someone to fight for him?

If yes, then who?

In my opinion, I don't think you will see Bully compete at Genisis. As far as I am aware, Hogan's Hip is still stopping him from returning to the ring and with the Hogan/Bully/Hogan storyline in full swing, It would not make sence for him to face anybody else. I'm sure were see Bully involved at Genisis in some way shape or Form, I just don't think it will be in a match.

I imagine they will find Bully and opponent of some sort somewhere. I think that Hogan will set it up to have someone fight for him.

Obviously, Hogan cannot get in the ring right now and nobody really wants to see that, though it does appear they may be going that way with this storyline.

I also think they may be "painting Bully into a corner" which will force Bully to turn to his old friend ... Devon and Aces & Eights to help him out. It would work and bring that storyline back around to Hogan, not that I would like it. I just think it might be the angle they are going with this.

I hope they find somebody for him to fight ... but no matter who it is ... it will still be about Bully vs. Hogan.

Personally, I hope we never have to sit through another Hogan "match" ever again though it doesn't look like that's going to happen as for some reason TNA seems to want to put the strap on his Arthritis-a-mania @$$ at some point in 2013.

Bully Ray is one of the best things going in TNA right now, but he needs a better storyline then this.

The problem is w/ Hardy, Aries, Roode, Storm, and Angle at the top of the card, there's just too many potential Main Eventers and not enough storylines to go around.

Angle and Storm aren't even in the Title picture now and it's still cluttered.

Bully Ray deserves a run @ the top of the mountain. I used to hate him during his WWE days, but this singles run has been the best thing I've seen him do since he came to TNA.

Bully will end up going to Aces and Eights and tearing it apart from the inside. Hogan/Bully is a work to get Bully into Aces and Eights where he will be working with Hogan to tear it apart.

Bully will end up going to Aces and Eights and tearing it apart from the inside. Hogan/Bully is a work to get Bully into Aces and Eights where he will be working with Hogan to tear it apart.

This would be an awesome way for the Aces & 8s story to play out.

As for who Bully will face at Genesis, how about a fresh from the training ground Joseph Parks? Everyone involved would have history with each other and it would make for a great 'first match' for Parks.

Am I looking too much into this and it will be Hogan vs Bully at Genisis?

I think so. I mean, if I'm honest, I don't want to see Hogan wrestle again. He's boring on the mic and in the ring. If this happens, I won't watch. It would be a pointless match with Bully carrying Hogan through the match.

Is Hogan going to pick someone to fight for him?

This I could see happening. With the speculation of the 'pre genesis-show', anyone that has been in TNA could show up. Could be 'PARKS' as Hogan calls him. Could be Crimson making a return, could be anyone. If I had to pick his opponent, it would be a 1 vs 3 match with Bully facing a bunch of heels. (Kid Kash, Gunner, Kaz, A returning AJ)
It would make Bully look huge, and put him over as a future World Heavyweight Champion.

Let's state what we know...

We already officially know six matches that will take place on the card.

We know they will add a knockouts title match which will make seven.

We know that the only match involving A&8's so far is the Sting/DOC match.

So...

If we assume that some other singles or tag match involving some combination of Angle, Joe, Devon, and Mike Knox will probably be added as well-

That would get us to a full eight match card. So I think it is safe to guess that Bully will not have an actual match on the card.

Also no possibility exists of him Facing Hogan at Genesis. They are not going to waste one of the very few times that Hogan will be able to compete again on a PPV like Genesis in a match that would have three days notice.

Anytime Hogan is going to wrestle it will be on a big stage, and hyped for weeks ahead of time to get the most out of it financially.

If we do see a match between Hogan/Bully as a payoff to this angle, it will almost surely happen at Lockdown for three reasons:
1) Lockdown is one of the three major shows for the company and it is happening on the road in a venue where they need to sell thousands of tickets.
2) There will be lots of time between now and Lockdown to set the match up and hype it accordingly.
3) A steel cage match would be an easy way to hide some of Hogan's physical limitations. You can get by doing a lot less work in a cage. Instead of taking bumps on the mat or delivering many moves, they could just brawl a little while knocking each other around into the structure.
As a bonus it would play well dramatically to have a distraught/worried Brooke locked outside the cage being able to do nothing to stop the two men she cares about from trying to destroy each other.

My guess would be that at Genesis we will see another verbal comfrontation to progress the Hogan/Bully storyline, but that will be Bully's only involvement at the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back