• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you want to win the Tag Team Championship Tournament

Wwe Fan 4Eva

Dark Match Winner
A couple of Weeks ago on Smackdown Booker T announced they would hold a Tag Team Tournament to determined who will face Team Hell No in a Tag Team Match for the Wwe Tag Team Championship.

I know it is a bit early to tell but I want Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara to win the Tournament and Eventually win the Tag Team Championship, So I have two questions

1. Who do you want to win the Tag Team Tournament

2. Do you think whoever wins it will win the Tag Titles at Hell In a Cell

As of right now, I think the two favorites are going to be the Prime Time Players and Mysterio & Sin Cara.

I think we all knew that Mysterio & Sin Cara would win their match against Epico & Primo on Raw this past Monday and the fact that the PTPs came out on stage indicates that those two teams are the front runners.

I'm predicting that the PTPs will move past Truth & Kofi this coming Friday on SD! and I'd say that Santino & Ryder will go over Kidd & Gabriel on Main event tonight because they're simply more over right now. The Rhodes Scholars will move past Santino & Ryder I believe the finals will ultimately be the PTPs against Mysterio & Sin Cara.

Even though Bryan & Kane are a dysfunctional team, they're extremely over right now and they won't be dropping the titles to any other team soon whether it's the PTPs or Mysterio & Sin Cara. The reason I say that is because I just visited WWEShop.com and there's already a Team Hell No t-shirt on sale, so I don't think Kane & Bryan are going anywhere soon.

As of right now, I'd say that Mysterio & Cara will win this tournament and go onto face Team Hell No at the HIAC ppv. The PTPs are slowly but steadily gaining momentum, but Mysterio & Cara are the two bigger fish right now and the fans are into them. I'd say having them against Team Hell No will be a more exciting match that the fans will buy more anxious to see. I think the PTPs will ultimately have their time, but I think Team Hell No will remain champions at least throughout the rest of this year, possibly even longer since Triple H wants longer title reigns.

Taking a look at each of the teams involved in this thing....

Rhodes Scholars
Arguably the best choice to win the title shot. I'd rather see them in singles action but they are better than nearly any of the other teams in this tournament for storyline reasons.

The Usos
I can't STAND these guys. How in the hell are they still employed by WWE!? One of the worst tag teams in history.

Kidd & Gabriel
Aren't these guys supposed to be going by "International Airstrike" now? Why are they not using that name? They'd be a fun high flying championship team, but I'd rather Team Hell No keep their titles for now. It's not like they cannot get the crowd hyped up without the titles.

Ryder & Santino
This would be a silly championship team and I doubt their run would fail to entertain, but I prefer Team Hell No. You can actually take them seriously. Plus Ryder needs to be in singles action.

Air Truth
They JUST lost their titles. Few things get me more upset in wrestling than when a wrestler/team loses the title to the same wrestler/team that they won it from, it would make the title run appear pointless.

Primetime Players
I really like these guys and it would be cool if they won. It would make more sense for Rhodes Scholars to get the title shot right now though. The Primetime Players are the only teams in this tournament that I would want to see actually win the titles at the moment, although even in their case I would prefer it if Team Hell No retain.

Mysterio & Sin Cara
I see a tag team title run in their future, but not right now. Team Hell No need to keep the belts for a while.

Primo & Epico
No. Every division needs jobbers, so guess what these guys are? I predict no title wins in their future.

I don't see a single team who I would like to see go on to defeat Team Hell No for the Tag Team Championship. MAYBE The Primetime Players, but as I said above, even in their case I would prefer to see Team Hell No retain. They are such a great duo and their segments have been gold. I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! NO I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! The reactions from their therapist have been the best part of all. I would have to go with Rhodes Scholars for now as the team I would want to see move on. They aren't favorites in the tournament (that of course would be The Primetime Players), but they would make the most sense as the challengers for the next title shot given the promos recently. Sandow's promos regarding the champs, in particular, have been very good. No matter who wins though, the champions will retain in the title match. WWE is onto something hilarious here and I would like to hope they are smart enough to let it play out while they have the opportunity.

i think they should do a fatal four way elimation style for the titles at hell in the cell with Rhodes Scholars, Rey & cara team hell no and ptp. It could be given 20-30 mins and bring back prestige to the titles. you that would take up 1/6 of the ppv, have a few new guys on a ppv, but i think Rey n Cara are prob the front runners with Ptp nu2 and rhodes scholars #3.

I have two different answers based on what the outcome of the title match would be.

If Bryan and Kane are going to be champs for a while then I would want Rhodes Scholars to win. Both Sandow and Rhodes would benifit from being in a high profile tag title program (even though they would lose). This also allows WWE to build Kane and Bryan as a stronger, more together unit which would make whichever team eventually beats them that more stronger.

If Kane and Bryan drop the titles to the tourney winners than I want it to be the Prime Time Players. Over the past few months they are getting better in the ring and on the mic. They also have that traditional big guy, smaller guy team that many of the greats (LOD, Demolition and New Age Outlaws.... etc) had. But most importantly, minus Darren with Nexus, they pretty much came up together which would make them the first legit tag team WWE has created in a long time.

Personally I would either like to see Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara win or Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel.

In the end I actually would prefer Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel to win (which I know has almost no realistic chance of happening). These guys are both great in-ring workers and they have a lot of chemistry together. To bad they are not over enough with the crowd due to a very slim lack of TV time.

Sin Cara is my favorite superstar out of anyone in the tournament, but I would like Rey and his friendship to develop just a tad bit more before they win the Tag Championships.

Here what I see happening and what I actually want to happen: Rhodes Scholars advances to the finals and will face either PTP or Rey and Cara. These two teams battle it out but Rey's team gets the victory.

In the finals Rey and Cara look like they're on the verge of winning and PTP comes out and screws them. So, Rhodes Scholars advances to HiaC to face Team Hell No.

Meanwhile, PTP and Rey and Cara branch off into their own feud where PTP get a #1 contenders match and go over. This leads to Team Hell No vs PTP.

If that doesnt happen though I still see Rhodes Scholars winning in some cheap heel fashion.

Having two feuds going on at the same time in the tag division would give the division a huge rub and help build up these teams.

I agree with other posts in that I think there should be 2 feuds for Hell in the Cell PPV. One being Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars, and the other being Mysterio/Cara vs. PTPers.

If they decide to not do the 2 feuds, then, have a fatal 4 way, with PTPers screwing over Mysterio/Cara in the finals against Rhodes Scholars.

Then, after PTPers screw over Mysterio/Cara to allow Rhodes Scholars the win, Booker T, or AJ, depending on which show has the finals of the tourney on it, comes out, and says that, since PTPers interfered, the match will now be a Fatal 4 Way.

I want Prime Time Players to win the Tag Team Championship Tournament. These guys along with Epico/Primo, Kingston/Truth, and Bryan/Kane have made the Tag Team Division worth watching again. I enjoy seeing the chemistry that The Prime Time Players have, seriously, watch some of the, "WWE Inbox" shows on Youtube involving them and their personality shines through. They should be the #1 contenders for the title especially since tag teams like Sin Cara/Mysterio and Rhodes/Sandow were just thrown together at moments notice. Prime Time Players are actually a legitimate tag team and the story is already there. This is their shot they did not get at Night of Champions.

I believe the Rhodes Scholars will end up winning especially after what occurred on SmackDown. Kane/Sandow, Bryan/Rhodes, then a tag team match between the teams and after Bryan/Kane buried the whole division. Story is there too. My problem with Rhodes Scholars is not only are they just a thrown together team (like Santino/Ryder), but each of them as a singles competitor is better. Damien Sandow shined with his match against Sheamus on RAW, fantastic gimmick and speakers. We all know what Cody Rhodes is capable of. I just believe they are a team because now neither of them have anything going on so this keeps them involved and on television.

The only thing I hope is that if Rhodes Scholars do end up winning the Tournament that in the finals Prime Time Players or Sin Cara cheat each other out of winning the finals having the Rhodes Scholars taking the victory. That means the Cara/Mysterio and PTP storyline continues and Rhodes Scholars and Team Hell No will have their feud going on as well. Everyone wins.

Rhodes Scholars, but only so they can get their title shots now, lose, and then be done as a team forever. They are just another temporary random pairing and WWE needs to get away from that cause that was what the problem was for the tag team division in the first place. I could see them lasting as a tag team one more month after Hell in a Cell by being put on one of the 5 man teams at Survivor Series but after SS, I see no future for them and like everybody else has said already, they are better off as singles wrestlers where they could get themselves over easily.

I have loved this whole thing. Kane and Bryan are gold together. Raw ending with them holding the titles up doing their I am the tag teams champions routine was great in the way that the belts looked valuable. Now we have a tag team tournament that I think has been entertaining so far. That being said I think Rey and Sin Cara will ultimately with the tournament. They are the bigger names, and they seem to be getting over as a team. I personally would like to see a PTP Team Hell No feud. The promos would be funny as hell, and the matches should be good to. Anyway Rey and Cara win the tournament, but lose their match to Team Hell No. The belts aren't going anywhere for a while.

I think that Mysterio and Sin Cara v PTP will become a building feud for PTP and a potential Mysterio v Cara match, so I don't think either team will win it. I think that Team Rhodes Scholars (I really hate that name) will win and lose to Team Hell No. This team seems to me as giving something for Rhodes and Sandow to do and getting over Team Hell No. They're over big time already, but I just mean to gel them as a team with time and experience.

The Rhodes Scholar name was not created so this team could just disappear right away. That is why I see them winning the tournament.

This will also help push Daniel Bryan back as a full face with Kane once Team Hell No goes against Rhodes Scholars.

Rhodes Scholars
Cody Rhodes has won Tag gold twice, he needs a new goal after a long IC title run and he's not ready to burst into the main event. Pairing Rhodes with Sandow is logical, so these two are serious contenders for the titles.

The Usos
It will be some time before The Usos are tag team champions, if ever. Weaker teams have won the championship before, but the division has heated up so much they're left in the dust.

Kidd & Gabriel
There's potential for these two to put on some very exciting matches but they need to educate the crowd on who they are before they are championship material.

Ryder & Santino
Youtube stars and tag titles go together well. I could see this comedy pairing grabbing the tag gold but it would make the titles seem much less prestigious than they currently feel. These 2 are midcard comedy jobbers who are entertaining but not the most dangerous WWE wrestlers.

Air Truth
I feel their run was long enough, they are a good tag team but we've seen plenty of it.

Primetime Players
When PTP wins the tag titles it will be a big deal. They may win it sooner or later, but it's nearly guaranteed.

Mysterio & Sin Cara
Strong contenders for a tag title win since Mysterio is limited in the ring and Cara could use the tag format to get him accustomed to WWE. Cara's botch factor may cost them a title win though.

Primo & Epico
Competent tag team with almost no charisma. Don't bother giving them any more title runs.

Personally, I'd most like to see the Primetime Players win the tag championships. Kane and Daniel Bryan are great singles stars, they need to drop the title to a set of heels who can carry the belts for a long time.

PTP are my pick. They are the second best tag team in the WWE right now. Rhoad Scholars are awesome too. I would definitely pick one of these two teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back