• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Do You Want In The Music Asylum

Who do you want in the Music Asylum next?

• Foo Fighters

• Atreyu

• Tool

• Killswitch Engage

Results are only viewable after voting.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
That's right, this is your chance to decide who the next band in the Music Asylum is gonna be, so here are the four choices

Foo Fighters- Foo Fighters are an American rock band formed by musician Dave Grohl in 1995. The group is named after the World War II term "foo fighter", used to refer to mysterious aerial phenomena.

The band has earned a worldwide following, and have scored a number of hit songs, including "This Is a Call", "Everlong", "Learn to Fly", "All My Life", "Times Like These", "Best of You", "DOA", "The Pretender", and "Long Road to Ruin." Three of their albums have won Grammy Awards for Best Rock Album. On top of their six studio albums, they have also contributed to several movie soundtracks, including the song "The One" on the 2002 Orange County soundtrack.

Atreyu- Atreyu is a metalcore band from Orange County, California. The band consists of vocalist Alex Varkatzas, guitarists Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel, bassist Marc McKnight and drummer and vocalist Brandon Saller. The band was originally named "Retribution" but later changed their name to "Atreyu" after the character of the same name from the fantasy movie The Neverending Story when they found out that another band from Hemet, California had been using their original name.

Tool- Tool is an American rock band that was formed in 1990 in Los Angeles, California. The band consists of drummer Danny Carey, bassist Justin Chancellor, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan. Tool has won three Grammy Awards, hosted worldwide tours, and produced albums which have performed well on international music charts.

The band emerged with a heavy metal sound on their first LP at a time when the genre was dominated by thrash metal, and later reached the top of the alternative metal movement with the release of their second LP, Ænima, in 1996. Their efforts to unify musical experimentation, visual arts, and a message of personal evolution continued with Lateralus (2001) and their most recent album, 10,000 Days (2006), gaining the band critical acclaim and success around the world.

Killswitch Engage-
(often abbreviated as KsE) is a metalcore band from Westfield, Massachusetts. They are well known for being leaders in the New Wave of American Heavy Metal, along with Lamb of God and God Forbid. Formed following the disbandment of the bands Overcast and Aftershock, Killswitch Engage's lineup consists of vocalist Howard Jones, bassist Mike D'Antonio, guitarists Joel Stroetzel and Adam Dutkiewicz, and drummer Justin Foley. Signed to Roadrunner Records, Killswitch Engage has released four studio albums and one DVD.

Killswitch Engage rose to fame with its 2004 release The End of Heartache, which peaked at number 21 on the Billboard 200, and was certified gold in December 2007 for over 500,000 shipments in the United States. The title track, "The End of Heartache", was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2005, and a live DVD titled (Set This) World Ablaze was released in 2005. Killswitch Engage has attended Reading and Leeds Festivals, Ozzfest, Download Festival and the Warped Tour, and is scheduled to continue touring until May 2008.

Now I could make a case for any of these four bands and love them all, but this is your chance to tell me who you want in the Music Asylum, the one with the most votes after a week will be put in the Asylum, so please vote, and also be sure to post why you think the band you think the band you voted for deserves to be in the Asylum more than the other three

If this works out well, I may do it again in the future, but lets please get a little discussion out of this thing

I love all of the other bands, but right now I am in love with Killswitch Engage. In my opinion, they are one of the few metal bands that break through the barrier and resonate with the casual listener. Jones' voice is very melodic, and he can scream with the best of them as well.

KsE is very adept at creating a wide variety of songs, from slow, melancholy songs to fast, anger-feeding riots. I have all their albums and I highly recommend the "As Daylight Dies Special Edition", with the 4 bonus songs. Well that is my case for KsE. Great thread, by the way...

I may Just being a Typical Kiwi. But TOOL deserves to be in the Music Asylum. They are that awesome and are so good. One of there primary Influences has called them that good. King Crimson for those that didn't know. Tool have led the revival in Prog Metal which is more my area of listening for the most part.

Well got a 3-3 tie between Foo Fighters and Tool, and 1 vote for KSE, and appearently nobody wants Atreyu in there, LOL, so common people we need more votes, and posts, the poll closes in 4 days, and BTW in the event of a tie, I'll be looking at the posts to determine the winner, the more convincing the argument the more likely the band will get in if there is a tie

So please more votes and more posts!!!

Foo Fighters. - They've wrote some great songs - "Everlong", "All My Life", "Learn to Fly" among others. However, I feel their discography in general is a little bumpy. The only albums of theirs I could listen to and refrain from wanting to put something else on would be The Colour and the Shape and There Is Nothing Left to Lose. I don't really care for the rest of their stuff.

Atreyu. - Horrible band. I had the displeasure of seeing them live, and they completely bored me. There's only one redeeming song with this band, and that's "Right Side of the Bed", due to having an insanely catchy chorus. The vocals in general are terrible, and musically, they lack any kind of originality and fail to capture my interest.

Tool. - Not a fan. However, I wouldn't call them bad or anything, I just can't get into them. A solid band though, and I won't give up hope of trying to get into them.

Killswitch Engage. - By far the greatest mainstream Metalcore band out there. Their only album which lacks in quality is their latest - they just didn't manage to capture the epic choruses and catchy rhythms they did on previous releases. Overall, I prefer the Jesse Leach era, but The End of Heartache is a fantastic album.

My thoughts on their best album, Alive or Just Breathing, which I reviewed a little while ago;

"One of the leaders and pioneers of the Metalcore movement, Killswitch Engage manage to make an album which isn’t generic, dull, boring, and plain uninspiring, which is what the majority of Metalcore bands these days tend to spew out.

Playing a hybrid of Hardcore and Groove orientated Thrash Metal, with some nice Iron Maiden-esque melodies thrown in, this album offers tight musicianship, heavy, groovy riffs, and even the inclusion of acoustic guitars. Jesse’s vocal delivery, which alternates between furious roaring and clean melodic passages, just adds to this fine work of art. This truly is among the finest Metalcore albums known to man.

While this album is often dismissed as garbage among the Metal community, largely due to the album being labelled ‘Metalcore’, it’s among the finest of the genre. Killswitch are going to have a hard time topping this.
"

So with that being said, my vote goes to Killswitch.

I love Killswitch Engage so this is not even a competition in my eyes. They are absolutely phenomenal live. This band encompasses all that is great about metal. Howard has a killer vocal range- he utilizes so many different singing styles. The guitar riffs are so heavy yet they still have beautiful melodies as well. There are not many new metal bands that write songs with catchy hooks in them. KSE does this extremely well. They definately deserve a tribute in the Asylum.

Toss up between Foo Fighters and KSE.

I went with KSE, they are just badass, most of their songs are hot shit and all worth a listen and very catchy, as said one of the best metal bands out there today, if not the best. Their albums are fantastic. Gotta go with them.

So it looks like it's gonna either be Foo, or KSE, currently Foo is in the lead but by only one vote, Tool could still win this thing if they got a sudden surge of votes going in their direction

From the way things are looking right now, if KSE were to get another vote and tie this thing up before the poll closes they would get the win, simply cause I've seen more people post a reason why they want to see them in there, just appears as though the KSE-anites are more behind there band then the Foo-Nation, I havn't seen hardly any of the folks that voted for Foo Fighters post why they would like to see them get in there

Anyhoo poll closes in less than 2 hours so get your votes in and make a posts for way you want who you voted for in there

Well looks like we have a winner, and Foo Fighters is that winner, so they will be your next band in the Music Asylum, though I gotta say I was plseantly surprised to see so much support for KSE, they got more posts than any of the other 3 bands, four out of the five people that voted for KSE also left a post stating why they wanted them in, and because of that support I have decided that KSE will get their spot in the Asylum after Foo Fighters, then I may do another thread like this...not sure yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back