Remembering The Music:BLINK-182

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
blink-182-jpg2.jpg

Blink-182 (stylised as blink-182) is an American pop punk band consisting of vocalist and bass guitarist Mark Hoppus, vocalist and guitarist Tom DeLonge, and drummer Travis Barker. They have sold over 23 million albums worldwide since forming in Poway, California in 1992. With original drummer Scott Raynor they released their debut album Cheshire Cat in 1994 and achieved moderate success with its follow-up, 1997's Dude Ranch, which went on to sell over one million copies. Raynor was replaced by Barker midway through a 1998 tour.
The band achieved greater success with 1999's multi-platinum selling Enema of the State, which reached #9 on the Billboard 200 on the strength of the singles "What's My Age Again" and "All the Small Things", the latter of which became the highest-charting song of their career by reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100. Blink-182 gained popularity for their irreverent sense of humor, and the follow-up album Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (2001) reached #1 in the United States, Canada, and Germany. The eponymously-titled Blink-182 followed in 2003 and was a stylistic shift for the group, infusing experimental elements into their usual pop punk formula which resulted in a more mature sound.

DeLonge left Blink-182 in early 2005, sending the band into indefinite hiatus. He went on to form Angels & Airwaves while Hoppus and Barker formed +44. Hoppus also pursued a career as a television host while Barker continued working in music as a producer and solo artist. Blink-182 reunited in February 2009 and are currently recording a sixth studio album.

So,are you a fan of the band?What you think of the band?

I've never been a full fledged fan of them , I just like a few songs here and there

I also have much respect for Travis Barker as a drummer , being one myself. Hes very good

I think that "Not now" is easily the greatest song they ever made
[youtube]HvcOuExmeJg[/youtube]

I certainly hope the new album they are making can for once be something that as a whole is something I would like so much that I would actually purchase the whole album , who knows... we'll see though

I am the same as Gaga, I was never a fully fledged Blink fan. Several of my friends were really big fans and I did like quite a few of their songs (I bought Enema of the State and got TOFPAJ copied), but I dont like all their stuff. I definitely prefer Mark's voice though, DeLonge's whining can really get on my nerves after a while.

I would say my favourite songs of theirs are:

1. Whats My Age Again
2. The Rock Show
3. Dammit
4. First Date
5. Alien's Exist

I was never really a fan of Blink-182. The only song of theirs that I really liked was "All the Right Things". A friend had recommended them to me back in 02 and I checked out a few of their songs. The only one I liked was "All the Right Things" and that was not enough to convince me to buy any of their CD's. I don't hate them or anything. I am just somewhat neutral on them because while they do not suck, only one of their songs stuck out as being really good in my opinion.

I was never really a fan of Blink-182. The only song of theirs that I really liked was "All the Right Things". A friend had recommended them to me back in 02 and I checked out a few of their songs. The only one I liked was "All the Right Things" and that was not enough to convince me to buy any of their CD's. I don't hate them or anything. I am just somewhat neutral on them because while they do not suck, only one of their songs stuck out as being really good in my opinion.

Em, do you mean 'All the Small Things' Dagger?

I remember when I was in my teens there was always a constant argument going on about who was better between them and Green Day, with Green Day often coming out on top. Again following the trend of the thread I liked them at a certain time, but they haven't really had the staying power of Green Day, despite GD's stuff post-American Idiot being poorer imo. However 'classic' Green Day still sounds incredibly energetic and fresh, whereas some of Blinks stuff when I listen back now is just a bit too immature to endure.

Having said that if I'm ever in a stupid mood then Blink songs regularly get played. The song of theirs that impressed me the most was probably Stay Together For The Kids as it has a good sound that is a bit heavier than their standard fare and addresses a topic that a lot of their fans could associate with too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back