Who did the IC title look better on?

S prince

Occasional Pre-Show
Who did the Intercontinental look better in the late 80s and 90s? I'm in a bind between Mr. Perfect and "Ravishing" Rick Rude. The intercontinental belt looked beautiful around their waists, back when it meant something The belt it self was a piece of art, compared to the shit thing they have these days. Back when it was light white or or regular gold, or even the yellow, it looked great, especially on those two. And the feuds for the intercontinental title seemed more interesting at the time then the heavy weight championship. Any thoughts?

Id have to say a tie between steamboat and savage. They had a certain swag with that belt just made it look more important than the world belt at the time.

Hennig made that belt seem important. Honorable mentions to Savage and Piper as well.
I think the fact that Hennig and Piper wore only the Ic belt shows how important it used to be, Two legends, that didnt need a World title definetly made this belt important.

The title of this thread should be drastically changed...anyway, it looked "better" when razor ramon had it. he was a great icee champion. he also made the title what it really was back in the day, IMPORTANT.

Give it up for the bad guy. When razor Ramon held the two IC belts on top of the ladder at Wrestlemania X, I didn't even care if they did another match. Bret Hart, Lex Luger, and Owen Hart were the fursthest thing from my minds. It's all Razor Ramon

Without a doubt the "macho man" Randy Savage. He was the MAN. He always had great matches, he was a main event player with the I.C. belt. Because back then having the second most prestigious belt in the wwf meant you were the #1 contender for the WWE title. Unlike now where it is just passed around like a blunt at jeff hardys house....lol.

3217147_l.jpg

No one has looked better, period. Shawn Michaels not only looked great when he was Intercontinental Champion, but also had the best matches I've ever seen for the belt - he gave many fans reason to be more excited about this belt as opposed to the World Championship.

Well There Were Phenomenal Ic Champs In The 80's And 90's, Ahmmm, Men The Belt Looked Huge, Great, On Tito Santana, And Greg Valentine, But I Think The Man On Who The Belt Looked Better Is Between The Honky Tonk Man And Randy Savage, That's In The 80's, Talking About The 90's, In The Early 90's It Should Be Between, Mr. Perfect, Shawn Michaels... Bret Hart Looked Awesome Too!, I Can't Pick Just One......

Rick Rude, easily. You have to give it up for a guy who will airbrush the title on his tights before he even wins it. That's a great combination of cockiness and confidence. I would have loved to see Rude get the Honky Tonk reign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back