• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who collects action figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
The title basically says it all. Do you collect action figures and what does some of your collection look like?

I have hundreds and hundreds of figures, most of which I bought from the 90s until about 2002. I collected the old WCW figures and then had a lot of them in the Attitude Era years as well.

Suddenly in like 2002 or so, I stopped, not getting any more until around 2006. I bought a few of the classic superstars from Jakks. I think the last figure prior to 2010 I bought was in 2007 and I bought just one in 2010 and two in 2011.

Currently on display on my desk are:

4 Ken Shamrock figures (I'm a mark for the man.) One is in his classic orange trunks that he sports in War Zone, that's his classic superstars one, a 1990s one in blue trunks and plastic and a titan tron esque figure from a black shirt and jean shorts. Plus one of those small flex and bends like the war zone trunks.

A plastic 1990s Undertaker circa 1998 or 1999.

The 1990s plastic Owen Hart Danger trunks

The figure I bought in January 2010 was of Jack Swagger in blue and black. Being a huge fan of the guy, I had to have it.

Loads of classic superstars

I.R.S.- I put the I.C. belt around him.
Barry Windham- See: I.R.S.
1-2-3 Kid
Rocky Maivia- circa his early days in the company
Bruno Sammartino
Rick Steiner- In his Pink gear with numbers on it.
Diesel-Not on display I don't think but he is in all black, like when defeated Backlund for the title.
Honky Tonk Man- With his classic Elvis-esque outfit.
I also have recently bought two Mattel figures

Mr. Perfect- In his blue gear with his own Mr. Perfect stand. Wishing to correct an injustice, I put the Winged Eagle belt around him.

Just bought this yesterday- Macho Man Mattel series five. I have not opened it and I will instead buy a duplicate that I will open. It looks amazing with his Wrestlemania III outfit looking quite identical to the outfit Punk wore out of tribute. Also comes with a purple T-shirt and his bandana/sunglasses.

Also I have the following on my wishlist:

Jakks:
Would love a mid 1990s Michaels figure
In addition to a Tito Santana one

Mattel
Both Ultimate Warrior figures- ESPECIALLY his WM 6 attire with the Winged Eagle belt I would LOVE.
Rick Martel- This or the next figure will probably be my next purchase unless there is Warrior. I am going to give him the I.C. belt since I think he would've played the cocky heel perfectly.
Vader- This or Jakks. Twice I've had to pass up on him in favor of Perfect and Macho Man.

Figures I wish Mattel would make:

British Bulldog- Not the one for his European title win but I would LOVE it if they made one in honor of his Summerslam 1992 victory against the Hit Man.

Shawn Michaels- If they did one like when he appeared at Wrestlemania 8 against Tito then I would love that.

Razor Ramon- If Mattel doesn't make one then I'll gladly settle for Jakks. It would look so badass with his purple trunks and all.

Mankind- War Zone attire

Lex Luger- Made in the U.S.A.

But yes I have several figures overall- several Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH, Foley, Brood, Edge, Christian, Regal, Vince, Shane, DX, to name just a few.

So do you have any action figures and who do you have? Thanks.

As a child I collected wrestling figures, but as I aged I stopped buying them. I still have most of my figures, though they're in bad condition, but I don't keep them because I want them or because they have sentimental value - I just haven't gotten rid of them yet.

If you like wrestling, I think figures are a great way to show your fandom.

I've got several wrestling action figures. You can never be too old for figurines if you are a true fan of something. Well, unless you still play with them or something. Having collectibles on display is good though, it shows your peers what types of things you like. On my computer desk I've got John Cena in a pose where he's about to hit the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, and Shawn Michaels doing one of his signature poses in DX gear. I used to have a Kenny Dykstra, Randy Orton, Beth Phoenix, and Triple H in his DX gear, but lost them during my move to my current apartment. I'm sure they will turn up somewhere. I also have an Edge figure that I decided to take up to work because everyone else has all sorts of decorations on their desk and I didn't have any yet.

edgeatwork.jpg

One of my co-workers (that's her in the background) when she saw it was like "what the heck is THAT!?". I purposefully positioned Edge to face her desk to where it looks like he's staring at her, as a joke. I thought about bringing up Michaels too, or Trips if I ever find him. He and a few others have both been missing for a while. Then there's the Trish Stratus I used to have, but I threw it away shortly before getting married. The wifey hates the entire divas roster. lol

i used to have sooooooooooooooo many as a kid i think at one point i had like 15 different steve austin's

i dont collect anymore im 25 i buy for my little cousin based on who i like ( hope he likes zack ryder lol) i think the tNA tyoys now r cool and wwe by mattel are terrible.

the last thing i bought was the undertaker statue its like 8 inches tall and made of porcline (spelling). it was made to look like his return at WM20 which i was at and hes my fav of all time so i got it and ive never seen it since

I used to collect them as a kid, but not anymore. I had quite a few, mainly of guys like Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Angle, Trips

My favourite was my Undertaker in the American Bad Ass street gear, with a bandanna, jeans and leather jacket, that was awesome. He had a clenched fist so he could do it fist in the air taunt, it was such a cool figure.

Also, my Triple H was in his jeans and leather jacket attire and was also really easy to put into his taunt pose.

I also had the titantron that played wrestlers themes when they walked though, although that was mainly for my brother who is younger and still played with them at that point. He loved his Team Xtreme triple pack, that was pretty sweet.

I would love one of those figures in a permenant pose, probably of Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels, but I cannot remember the name of the series that they were from, plus my girfriend would not want it on display in our flat

I am collecting the new TNA line. The only reason I am is because I went to Slammiversary in 2010 with the VIP Package. That Package included the first 6 action figures and they were the first 250 to be released. So mine have a sticker on it that is marked 114 out of 250. Then we were able to get each wrestler to sign their figure. After that I decided to just collect them as they came out. Right now I am just doing their Legends of the Ring and Deluxe Impact Single releases. They also have double packs, but I am going to collect those at a later date.

Series 1
Jeff Jarrett
Sting
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Suicide

http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/jakk...figurepre-orderforlatejunedelivery-3-1-1.aspx

Series 2
Hulk Hogan
Mic Foley
AJ Styles
Amazing Red
Hernandez
Eric Young

http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=DI2

Series 3
Kevin Nash
Jay Lethal
Velvet Sky
Matt Morgen
Shark Boy
Sting

http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=DI3

Series 4
Hulk Hogan
Abyss
Jeff Hardy
The Pope
Rob Van Dam
Desmond Wolfe

http://www.toywiz.com/tnaimpact4set.html

Legends of the Ring
Sting
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Hulk Hogan
Jeff Jarrett
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com...?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=LOTR1

Hulk Hogan and Sting ( Ringside Collectibles Exclusive 2 Pack )
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com..._Code=R&Product_Code=REX-024&Category_Code=AF

Jeff Hardy
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com...e=R&Product_Code=LOTR2-04&Category_Code=LOTR2

AJ Styles ( Shop TNA Exclusive 1 out of 3000 )
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-165-Ax0LyCE/TV-AUOdevJI/AAAAAAAAAbY/gFn6c6I-Nf8/s1600/AJLegendsX.jpg

I collected them throughout my younger years, which consisted of the Jakks action figures ranging from 2002-2007. I got rid of my entire collection though because they just wasted space in my room. I love the idea on collecting them though. I sometimes miss them, and if it wasn’t for getting older - I’d probably still have them and be playing with them daily lol…

I have actually thought about collecting again. I heard the Mattel figures were better than the old figures - But when I looked into some of the figures and seen the prices, I was like forget this… I’m obviously not going to start collecting WWE action figures again any time soon.

The prices are simply outrageous to even think about collecting them now. My estimate for 3 WWE Basic series Mattel action figures would probably be $50.00 total, if not more. I think they need to drastically cut the prices of their action figures, anything above 20 dollars for a single action figure is just plain out stupid. You can rarely even find any of the Mattel figures from eBay for a decent price.

But hey, if you’re the type of person who can waste about 50 dollars for three action figures like nothing, then more power to you.​

I used to collect them back in 1996 with the first few series from Jakks Pacific. I think those were the best figures. After that, they started to get a little ridiculous looking and I lost interest.

Recently, I was looking through some of my old stuff at my parents house and found an 11" tall figure of the Undertaker. I was pretty psyched about that and I have him sitting on my guitar amp.

I used to collect them back in 1996 with the first few series from Jakks Pacific. I think those were the best figures. After that, they started to get a little ridiculous looking and I lost interest.

Recently, I was looking through some of my old stuff at my parents house and found an 11" tall figure of the Undertaker. I was pretty psyched about that and I have him sitting on my guitar amp.

I think that I may have had the same action figure that you are talking about, but I’m not exactly sure. Was it the one in the “Unmatched Fury” collection? I got mine from Spencer’s - Loved it. Although the one I’m talking about was more just for display - like the legs and arms did not move. But I think that it was ‘11? Was big for sure… Just curious if that was the same one you had recently found.

And update on my last post, I was browsing eBay for WWE Mattel Figures and I came across the set of Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella. Got it new in box for $11.00 - Very good deal. If I find any this cheap again I'll be sure to start collecting...Again.

I used to as a kid and has well over 200. I used to be obsessed.

Used to have all the main guys too. Remember I had like three different The Rock ones because they kept breaking, limited edition Bret Hart one from the WWE classics with pink jacket, used to have Ken Shamrock with his soft ass arms and legs, used to have a wheelchair which was fun, Mizzark, X-Pac, had all of D-Generation X.

And then one day I went to play with them, and was like, "Meh, this isn't fun. eBay it is," and eventually sold them for all, everything, which included the Eimination Chamber and Hell in A Cell playsets for €600, just around that, it seven - six years ago so hard to remember. But I made a lot of money off of it, so I ain't complaining.

Man I remember getting my first action figure way back when, my first was Undertaker in his American Badass gear.But i've been collecting em ever since, so many it's hard to count. Even though some of the newer ones are cool, the older ones that you cant find these days. If I hadnt lost my old Eddie Guerrero action figure that'd be my favorite.

Since I am a Flair mark, I've tried to collect as many as possible going back to his AWA from Renco. There are a few Flair figures that have special, hand crafted robes that I'd like, but with a family of 5, my obsessive "Nature Boy" fandom takes a back seat. I go a bit beyond figures when money permits -- magazines, DVD's and photos, so I guess it's best I realize kids come first. :)

I wound up buying Martel last week and ended up giving him the I.C. Belt. Also bought an action figure of Bam Bam Bigelow as well. They were both in Legends 5 from Mattel.

Cannot wait for Legends 6 Warrior.

i have the original collection before the ones released in the late 80s
these ones are made from rubber
they were released in 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members