Who are your 15 favorite female wrestlers that you have watched in your lifetime?

Richie Cult

Dark Match Winner
I see many lists on the internet of Greatest Male Wrestlers of All-Time, but females are always under-represented. My goal is to take as many of your opinions and compile them into a Top 50 or Top 100 if I am really fortunate.

Please list as many as you can in order. It might be 3. It might be 25.
(I tried to make ring skills and entertainment my most important trait, because that is what I like to watch, but some, coincidentally, are very pretty too)
Here are my favorite 15 in my lifetime:

1) Madusa Miceli / Alundra Blayze
2) Sherri Martel / Sensational Sherri
3) Molly Holly / Mona / Miss Madness
4) Fabulous Moolah
5) Awesome Kong / Amazing Kong
6) Tara / Victoria
7) Chyna
8) Ivory / Nina / Tina Ferrari
9) Micki James / Alexis Laree
10) Sarita / Sarah Stock
11) MsChif
12) Jacqueline / Miss Jackie / Miss Texas
13) Trish Stratus
14) Hamada / Ayako Hamada
15) Jumping Bomb Angels (I know they are a tag team, but they were equally impressive in their very brief stint in the WWF)

Wow...where do I start?? For me, this is how my list starts..and they are ranked because of grace, real-ness, athletic ability, ability to connect with fans, and their desire to leave a lasting impact with the wrestling community even if they do not do it any longer. This is my list...here goes:

1. Lita...she's such an inspiration, and when I met her, she was so nice and so cool. I even have the same gargoyle tattoo on my right arm. I even have firey red hair, my friends jokingly call me Lita because of my attitude about life, and how I just don't give an F sometimes and do my own thing.

2. Trish Stratus...amazing athlete. Phenomenal wrestler. Her and Lita were trailblazers for the younger generation today. Many of them credit those 2 for amazing feud and skills. Ability to be silly and sexy.

3. Beth Phoenix...where do I start? You don't have to be a size 0 to be a beautiful diva. You can be athletic, feminine, strong, and smart, and gorgeous, and people will respect you. And, she is the 2nd ever female to be in a Royal Rumble.

4. Natalya Neidhart...legacy wrestler. Makes the pink/black amazing!! Trained in Hart Dungeon. Knows the hard knocks. Another real body female. She worked SO hard to get the diva's championship finally. I appreciate one who is living the dream and making family proud.

5. Stephanie McMahon...I know some people may find her debatable. But she did her thing and wasn't afraid to act evil at times. Then she also helps run one of the largest companies in the world, and helps raise a family as well. That takes major skills.

6. Melina...the ring entrance on this girl is enough that I put her on this list. I'm envious of that alone. She's had a rough year or two with injuries, but to come back and get the title at Summerslam 2010, she's a flexible diva with the attitude to show you don't mess with her!!

7. Kelly Kelly...this fresh faced girl has worked her way from regular spot dancer to a real threat in the ring. She is proof that you work hard enough, you are one legitimate competitor. I give her major props for that!!

8. Tara/Victoria...I liked her. She was always a tough cookie. She competed in a Chicago Street Fight with Trish, a cage fight with Lita. I don't know any other divas besides those that would do such thing. She makes the crazy voices thing cool, and now Randy Orton does it...coincidence? RKO should thank Victoria...LOL I always loved her Widow's Peak, and her ability to just be carefully straddling the line between crazy and cool.

The top 5 for me

Tara/Victoria- I just love this woman. She is gorgeous, and can put on a great match, I have seen her in cage matches in WWE and TNA, plus I loved the "crazy" character she played when she was with Stevie Richards in WWE. Also she is HOT as a cougar!

Chyna- An astonishingly strong woman. The only woman in WWE I could believe would beat a guy (until Beth Pheonix). Chyna was awesome

Trish Stratus- Stunningly beautiful, it was a pleasure to see Trish improve as an in-ring performer over the years, to become one of the best.

Lita- So exciting to watch. She was the most highflying of them all, and as big Hardyz fan back then, I loved Lita.

Sable- My first major crush on a diva, Sable was amazing. She wasnt bad in the ring either, and those playboy pics? WOW

The other 10

Ivory
Beth Pheonix
Gail Kim
Molly Holly
Jacqueline
Velvet Sky
Madison Rayne
Melina
Awesome Kong
Natalya

I have to re-post mine since the list that was asked for and I posted got removed for "spam". Here it is again.
1) Wendi Richter
2) Mildred Burke
3) Lita
4) Sable
5) Gail Kim
6) Mae Young
7) Jazz
8) Beth Phoenix
9) Luna Vachon
I'm sure I've forgotten others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
Obviously I made my decisions based on impact in the business and in ring ability. Sure, a couple also had the swimsuit/lingerie/obligatory diva photo shoots based on looks, but even Sable went from eye candy to a decent in ring performer for her time.

Oh I would have to add Mickie James too. She was certainly one of the most talented divas the WWE had over the last decade, I thought it was awful how they treated her towards the end of her run, with the "Piggie James" comments.

She was gorgeous, and an excellent in-ring competitor, and I think its great she is doing well again in TNA. She deserves it.

Also...

The Kat/Miss Kitty- just for those leather outfits and that tit flash at Armageddon. That video tape must have been watched by EVERY boy in my year at school haha. Good times

Top 5:

Miss Hancock/Stacey Keibler - I loved to watch her back in her cheerleading days and it was an added bonus to see her develop in WCW and then WWE.

Lita - I loved the appeal of the character mixed with great wrestling ability. Definitely was better when she dropped the Hardy Boys.

Tori Wilson - She had a nice look, dabbled in wrestling, but was primarily the face of the WWE Divas.

Melina - One of the few divas that I have had the pleasure to see live. Wow, the camera doesn't do that entrance justice. It has been nice to see her develop.

Awesome Kong - This former knockout proves you don't have to be even anywhere near a single digit size to be a great female wrestler.

Honorable Mentions:
Mickie James
Taylor Wilde
Hamada
Luna Vachon
Christy Hemme
Sarita
Velvet Sky

Okay this list is based off of dedication, in-ring skills, mic skills, my personal favorites, and inspiration.

1. Lita: Who didn't see this one coming? Everyone knows by now that she is my favorite WWE female competitor of all time. She was fantastic in the ring, great mic ability, had amazing dedication to the company, is an inspiration to all women and is my favorite and always will be. Lita is an amazing worker and could blow anyone else away. Her high-flying persona will never be copied and she really set the bar for every other diva to ever step foot in a WWE ring.

2. Mickie James: Mickie is great in the ring, had amazing mic skills as a psycho path, and is truly an inspiration. She's beautiful and had so much to offer. Mickie definately deserves the Number 2 slot.

3.Tara/Victoria: Duh. She's so dedicated to the wrestling business and is always a joy to watch in the ring. She has had amazing matches and isn't terrible on the mic either. Plus the red streak in her hair is awesome:blush:

4. Chyna: There's nobody like this chick. She was one of a kind and even Beth Phoenix can't compete with her. The only diva that even stood a chance against Chyna was Lita and even she couldn't win. Chyna had to start fighting in the men's division because she smashed everyone in the women's. Had good matches with Jericho for the IC title, too.

5. Trish Stratus: I personally don't like her. It's just my opinion though. There is no denying that she was the total package. She was beatiful, good in the ring, decent on the mic, and was truly dedicated. She even holds the record for the most Women's Championship reigns.

6. Stephanie McMahon: If there was EVER a women who could work the mic, it was Steph. She is the best female on the mic to ever appear in the WWE and nobody is going to change that. She wasn't great in the ring, but even so she had a championship reign. Plus, she was involved in perhaps one of the greatest storylines ever with HHH and her family.

7. Fabulous Moolah: She held the title for nearly THREE YEARS. Enough said.

Honorable Mentions-

Mae Young
Sensational Sherri
Alundra Blayze
Awesome Kong
Ivory
Melina
Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Vickie Guerrerro

no particular order-
#1- sunny- surprised she hasnt been mentioned, the original diva and hof THIS yr
2- sable- sexy as hell, and underrated in the ring
3- trish stratus- best female performer ever imo
4- lita- high flying, tatted up, awesome competitor. a shame injuries stalled her career.
5- chyna- seer size made her revalutionary and she set a number of precidents.
6- medusa- watched her in wwe and wcw. a true champion and well schooled in ring.
should b in the hof, but her throwing the womens title in trash will prob
keep her out 4 awhile.
7-gail kim- uber talented, under appreciated
8- mickie james- great worker, trish the next gen imo
9- victoria- one of the hardest workers ive seen in the womens divisons
10- torrie wilson- sorry. just too damn hot 2 leave off the list.

I have read all of the posts and REALLY appreciate all of the opinions.
It does not appear that I will have enough female wrestlers for a "Top 100" list, but a "Top 50" list seems very possible.
I would like to provide two lists right now.
The FIRST is a compiled and scored Top 30 list from P.W.I.'s Annual "Female 50" list. If you see a lot of people missing, that is because these ONLY include active wrestlers from the PAST THREE YEARS. I compiled these results by assigning values based on rank.
The SECOND is a compiled and scored Top 30 list from WrestleZone fans that participated in this post. This would include wrestlers that date back to Mildred Burke.
WrestleZone fans have spoken (loudly) and Lita is a clear leader. I never liked her a whole lot, but I respect her ring work and I respect the opinions of WrestleZone fans.
If anyone has more thoughts, I welcome them with open arms.

P.W.I. List
1) Angelina Love
2) Mickie James
3) Awesome Kong
4) Beth Phoenix
5) MsChif
6) Michelle McCool
7) Melina
8) Mercedes Martinez
9) Cheerleader Melissa / Alissa Flash
10) Tara / Victoria
11) Gail Kim
12) Sara Del Ray
13) Maryse
14) Taylor Wilde
15) Madison Rayne
16) Roxxi Laveaux / Nikki Roxx
17) O.D.B.
18) Daizee Haze
19) Sarita / Sarah Stock
20) Daffney
21) Velvet Sky
22) Natalya
23) Madison Eagles
24) Katie Lea Burchill
25) Angel Orsini / The Prodigette (Original ECW)
26) Jillian Hall
27) Rain
28) Eve Torres
29) Allison Danger
30) Amber O'Neal

WrestleZone fans list
1) Lita
2) Trish Stratus
3) Tara / Victoria
4) Chyna
5) Mickie James
6) Awesome Kong
7) Sable
8) Medusa / Alundra Blayze
9) Ivory
10) Beth Phoenix
11) Sherri Martel / Sensational Sherri
12) Molly Holly / Mona / Miss Madness
13) Fabulous Moolah
14) Melina
15) Gail Kim
16) Stephanie McMahon
17) Mae Young
18) Jacqueline
19) Stacy Keibler
20) Natalya
21) Tori Wilson
22) Sunny
23) Wendi Richter
24) Sarita / Sarah Stock
25) Velvet Sky
26) Mildred Burke
27) Hamada
28) Madison Rayne
29) MsChif
30) Taylor Wilde

Seeing these two lists makes me think about dream matches...
Lita vs. Angelina Love (loser has to get a tattoo removed, winner gets a new one)
Beth Phoenix vs. Chyna (Battle of Who is the Most Powerful Woman)
Mickie James vs. MsChif (a real possibility. MsChif is so flexible & technical)
Any changes or are the lists credible as is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back