Which Young QB Would You Take On Your Team?

Which QB Would You Take To Be On Your Team For The Next 13-15 Years?

• Matthew Stafford

• Mark Sanchez

• Josh Freeman

• Sam Bradford

• Tim Tebow

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Over the past two years, there have been 5 Quarterbacks selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, and Tim Tebow. All guys were fine college athletes, and thus were drafted in the first round. My question to you guys is...

If you had to start a team with one of these 5 QB's, who would you take?

I know it might be hard to choose Bradford and Tebow, since they haven't made a snap in the NFL yet, but choose at your own risk. Out of these 5, they all have some good talents about them, but if I need one guy to be my quarterback for the next 13-15 years, I'm gonna go with the one, the only...

2matthew-stafford22jpg-de182e0b303065a4_large.jpg

Yeah, Matthew 'Motherfuckin' Stafford.

I know, you're wondering, why the hell would you pick a QB that didn't do all much last year? Well, he was for the Lions, for one. And in case you didn't know, they suck. However, Matthew did have a solid season last year in only 10 starts. Sure, his TD-INT ratio wasn't great (13-20) but a lot of those early picks came early in the season when he was still getting his feet wet. However, he did average 225 yds/game and threw for over 2200 yards, even though he only had ten starts and, if you forget, he was playing for the Lions. Stafford is a gamer. He'll fight through injury just to make a last second throw to win a game. And no, I'm not even making that up. If he can stay healthy, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a pro bowler within the next 5 years and will take the Lions to at least 1 playoff appearance.

I know there's gonna be some Sanchez supporters out there (along with maybe the odd Freeman/Bradford/Tebow supporters), so I'll wait on my answerings on why I didn't pick Mark until some of them post.

I find Sanchez overrated (maybe because I hear about how great he is) and I don't think he is going to be a great QB. I see him more as a game manager. I like Stafford and I would probably pick him, but to be different I will go elsewhere. Tebow needs to be in the right system and it isn't a system that I would want to start my team around. So that leaves Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford. I'm a big fan of Bradford and the kid reminds me a bit of Aaron Rodgers, but he hasn't played a game in his career and he has injury concerns. That leaves us with my selection:

54796_packers_buccaneers_football.jpg

Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Freeman reminds me of a mix of Dononvan McNabb and the good Daunte Culpepper. The guy has a big time arm, is pretty gutsy, and seems willing to take the Bucs on his shoulders and carry them back to success. His team lacks the big time WR, but they are young and will develop along with him. That is important. Getting chemistry early on in his career with his weapons will only help him better down the road. If Freeman can continue to develop and learn to make smarter passes he can be an all pro type QB.

I sure as fuck am not picking Tebow and I haven't seen Bradford against NFL defenses yet so I rule him out as well. Mark Sanchez I find to be overrated so my final two choices are Matt Stafford and Josh Freeman.

I really like Josh Freeman and believe that he probably did the best out of all the rookie qb's last year considering the talent he had around him but still think Stafford will end up being better. Matt Stafford has already displayed his toughness last year against Cleveland and this offseason he has really shown that he wants to improve. It's still too early to tell for sure but all things considered Stafford seems like the most prepared and has the most tools to have a successful NFL career

It's between 2 QBs for me, Stafford or Freeman. Stafford had an admirable campaign last season and actually helped the Lions win a couple of games. Freeman did the same thing and when I saw him play I was very impressed. It's really close, but I'm going with...Matt Stafford.

He really impressed me last season. He may not of had great stats, but that wasn't what impressed me. Just watching him play I saw something special in that kid. It seems like he can run that offence very well and he's also resilient. To me, he has the intangibles and the skills to be a great QB in the NFL. He'll take the Lions to success and that's why I'd pick Stafford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back