• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Wrestler Do You Most Associate With Sensational Sherri?

Who Is Most Associated With Sherri?

• Doug Somers & Buddy Rose

• Randy Savage

• Ted Dibiase

• Shawn Michaels

• Ric Flair

• Harlem Heat

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I go with Savage. I think she came into a really tough situation where she was replacing Liz and helping his heel turn become more memorable. The feuds they had with Hacksaw, Hogan, Beefcake, Dusty and then Warrior were great and enjoyable. She wasn't a quiet mouse like Liz who kept quiet and spoke when it was her turn, she proved to be her own woman and would speak when she wanted and often you'd think Savage and Sherri were the most strangest couple in the world, but they made it work. Without her (and Elizabeth) Savage's transition to face wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective.

Shawn Michaels, her voice still signals his arrival, the way he was presented with her on his arm, from the part where she lay in front of him (Even though him throwing her down was banned by Vince) To how she held the mirror for him, she just all round legitimized his act and then got him extra heat when taking the mirror hit for him. With Savage and Dibiase they were already legit stars when she was their valet, HBK wasn't when she joined him, but he was after and she was a big part of that.

It's tough to separate her from Savage and HBK. She was so well known with both and played an important role in feuds for both men. Although Savage's association with Elizabeth was helped by Sherri, it's tough not to forget how she helped get Shawn Michaels over. HBK's theme subliminally linked him to Sherri in my mind, so in the end, that's how I voted.

RIP Sherri Martel. You were more entertaining than you ever got credit for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back