Which promotion will you remember 2 Cold Scorpio from the most?

Which promotion will you remember 2 Cold Scorpio from the most?

• Japan Promotion

• WCW

• ECW

• WWF/E

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Charles Scaggs aka 2 Cold Scorpio aka Flash Funk

Charles Scaggs made his pro wrestling debut in 1985. He wrestled in various independent promotions in the United States, until, on the recommendation of Big Van Vader, he decided to go to New Japan Pro Wrestling. He also wrestled in Europe and Mexico.

He debuted in World Championship Wrestling (WCW) as Ron Simmons' mystery partner at Clash of the Champions XXI, on November 18, 1992. He had a brief reign as World Tag Team Champion with Marcus Bagwell in October 1993. Although he was released in 1994, Scorpio competed on the WCW-promoted pay-per-view AAA When Worlds Collide later that year, and the WCW/New Japan produced pay-per-view Collision in Korea in 1995.

Scaggs debuted in Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) in 1994, where he had four reigns as World Television Champion and one reign as World Tag Team Champion with The Sandman.During his simultaneous reign as Television and Tag Team Champion, he insisted on being referred to as 2 Gold Scorpio. He had feuds with wrestlers such as Taz, Shane Douglas, Sabu, and Mikey Whipwreck.
Following his departure for the WWF, Scorpio returned to ECW for one night as a mystery opponent for Taz. Originally introduced by Lance Wright under his WWE name Flash Funk, he corrected Joey Styles and had himself announced as 2 Cold Scorpio, then beat up Wright. Scorpio lost the match, and was jumped afterwards by Doug Furnas and Lance Wright's bodyguard, Brakkus. Taz returned to make the save, and give a speech, saying: "I don't do this a lot. I ain't never heard of anybody named Flash Funk but I know someone named 2 Cold Scorpio and tonight 2 Cold Scorpio showed up. The wrestler, the athlete, the superstar I admire. Now brother I'm done blowing smoke up your ass and don't go off on me either, but if you want to wrestle for a real promotion you're welcome in my locker room." Taz raised Scorpio's arm and left the ring, as Scorpio's music played and he danced. On June 10, 2005, Scorpio wrestled at the ECW reunion event Hardcore Homecoming, defeating Kid Kash.

Scaggs made his WWF debut on November 17, 1996, at Survivor Series, under the name Flash Funk. His gimmick involved dancing, wearing a zoot suit, and being accompanied to the ring by his "Fly Girls" or "Funkettes" (years before the WWF would debut another, more blatant pimp character, The Godfather, who was accompanied by his "hoes"). He later was billed as Scorpio, teaming with former WCW teammate and friend Ron Simmons, as well as Terry Funk through most of 1998. He soon after became a member of Al Snow's J.O.B. Squad. In mid-1998, Flash Funk competed in the WWF's Brawl for All tournament, replacing Ken Shamrock. He lost in the quarterfinals to The Godfather. In early 1999, Scorpio requested time off due to personal problems, but was instead released from the WWF.

In 2006, Scaggs signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. Upon joining the promotion, he returned to using his Flash Funk character in the WWE developmental promotion Deep South Wrestling until he was released on May 11, 2007, without ever appearing on WWE television. On the 15th anniversary of WWE Raw on December 10, 2007, Flash Funk participated in a battle royal, eliminating Steve Blackman while eliminating himself in the process.

In late 2007, Scaggs joined Booker T's Pro Wrestling Alliance promotion, based in Houston, Texas. He wrestled occasionally in Pasadena, Texas, at the city's convention center, and participated in a feud with heel wrestler and student Gustavo Mendoza. His last PWA match was in February 2008, at "Texas Tapout", against Mendoza.

On August 8, 2010, Too Cold Scorpio wrestled at Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's ECW reunion show, Hardcore Justice, defeating C.W. Anderson.

2 Cold Scorpio has done alot in & for wrestling. But, which promotion will you remember 2 Cold Scorpio from the most?

ECW....dumb ass question unless u go to japan, ecw is where he showcased his talent wcw and wwf/e made him a gimmick and irrevelevent............next topic

Considering I haven't thought of the guy in years, I think it's safe to say that I won't remember him at all. He never made it big, he didn't have the talent or the charisma.

He basically started the brand when it came to his matches with and alongside Shane "franchise" Douglas.

Can't really say anything but ECW here.

Well his last good run of his was in ECW. So I understand why everyone did say ECW. But a lot of people had great careers in ECW, cause of time, creative, and product. But I got to go with WCW. WCW always had more high flyers etc. He also adapted well with those who weren’t because he was a bigger guy then must of the highflyers. His run in WWE though, well he didn’t even really have one.

Going with WCW

He had The Runs more than he had a run in the WWE. Gotta Go ECW. Good Talent, too bad he never made it big with the "E" or "M"

2 Cold Scorpio is a greatly underrated talent, all-time. He had a good run in the big promotions, and that was due to the fact that the man had in-ring talent.

With that being said, however, I will remember him best as Flash Funk.

He had a very memorable song that even made it onto those old WWF CDs that they used to release, and his I've mentioned that he could work a good match. Still...it's Flash Funk. It was a dumb gimmick that never got over, and in the end, a good worker got pushed into obscurity. I think he had the ability to carry a midcard title feud; he could have helped guys like HHH in their early days. But, with as little charisma as he had, he only ends up being an afterthought on IWC boards.

ECW as in EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!

he was young he was good he was stiff. When the Heyman circus started it wasn't the same.

While he had the most success in ECW, Whenever I think of Scaggs the first gimmick that comes to mind is Flash Funk during his time in the WWF. I remember having his action figure with him in a blue outfit and matching hat. I also remember seeing some of his matches and his finisher really stood out to me back than. The reason I think of Flash Funk first is because I didn't watch WCW before the NWO, and I didn't get into ECW until 98. So my first exposure to Scaggs was as Flash Funk.

I've haven't seen much of Too Cold outside of the WWF and I'm sure he was utilized better in other companies but I have to go with Flash Funk, not only cause most of my exposure to Scaggs was in the WWF but that gimmick gave him a little bit of personality & charisma, something which I haven't seen from him elsewhere. He was good in ring talent but he had no character, so I've never been able to get into him in ECW or wherever as much as I have in the WWF. But like I said, I haven't seen much of him outside of the WWF, so I may be wrong about him not having character, personality & charisma in other places.

Honestly the first time I ever saw him was in WCW while teaming with Bagwell and I loved that tag team. I was not a fan of his Flash Funk days, and many years later I looked up his ECW stuff. While he was great in ECW I will always remember him for WCW

ECW for sure. Like another poster said, he along with Shane Douglas pretty much started it all. He showcased his talent the most there, and when I hear his name I immediately think ECW. He is one of the more underrated performers in my mind.

Scorpio had so many outstanding matches in ECW that nobody has ever even seen. The most underrated wrestler of all time, or right up there. He's been involved in a good amount of the best matches in ECW history in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back