Which movies/ tv shows containing WWF/WWE wrestlers have you seen?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCTheEagle

Dark Match Winner
..and what were your thought on them?

Just wondering :)

My list:
- The Undertaker in Poltergeist. I always skipped the series untill I saw a guy which looked very similar to The Undertaker. Looking a bit closer I noticed it indeed WAS Taker. I got goose bumps when watching him do a sit-up, but hey, it was 10 years ago I guess.
- WCW on Baywatch from somewhere in 1995 I think. Hogan had to beat a guy (which happened to be Vader) in a steel cage match, so the beach would become property of the good guys (or something like that). Kinda funny that they added sound effects to make the wrestling matches more of an action scene.
- Scorpion King. I was a big Rock fan in the 2000-2001 period so I had to see this movie. The movie itself was very good, probably the best movie The Rock has ever starred in (besides Be Cool).
- Welcome to The Jungle. Only watched the disco scene where The Rock performed the Rock Bottom. After that I fell asleep.
- Be Cool: Probably the best movie I've ever seen containing a (former) WWE wrestler. The Rock did a very good job performing as a gay samoan bodyguard.
- Spy Hard: Loved the segment where Hogan tags in, rips his shirt off, and lockes in with an enemy opponent.

I don't think this is a bad idea for a thread, but in the WWE section it's just going to be very spammy.

As for what I liked, any of the appearances the WWE has made on SNME or Mad TV have been pretty funny.

Also, I liked Hulk Hogan trying to punk out the Gremlins in Gremlins 2. Whatcha gonna do Gremlin Dudes When Hulkamania runs wild on you?

I could very well get flamed for this, or bad mouthed, or whatever.. but.. I liked the "Ready to Rumble" movie. I think it was a decent movie, about the behind issues of wrestling. I mean, sure.. it was a comedy, somewhat of a stupid one.. but come on.. it showed you (kinda) how wrestling is scripted & how some people don't understand that.

My all-time favorite part in that movie is when Mr. Cox was talking to 'The King's' Parents & begged to differ, about how they were in his autobiography & the Father died.. hahahaha that was completely classic.

Also, in all honesty.. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is good in some movies. Scorpion King was nice. Doom was good.. but my favorite thus far, would have to be Walking Tall. Not only was it based on a true story, but I think he played the character almost perfectly.

i saw HHH in the drew carey show a few years back,i also like the movies the rock's stared in,Walking Tall and Gridiron Gang were probably the best,i havent seen Be Cool yet.

i agree one of my favorites is The Rock's "Walking Tall".that was my 1st time seeing one of the rock's movies and thought it was a very good film w/good acting from the rock and a lot of action in the movie like the fights and the football scenes

Billy Gun, AKA Kip James, AKA one of the New Age Outlaws in Sabrina The Teenage Witch on Nickelodeon. Performance of a life time. Clearly, Vince hasn't seen it if he doesn't want him to come back and take Cena's place.

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

I saw Billy on Sabrina. It was actually very good.

The Rock - The Mummy Returns, in which he is great, despite being in it for about 10 minutes. Welcome To The Jungle, which I love. I don't think he should have used the Rock Bottom, but still the movie rules. The scene at the end (when he gets the guns) rules. It also has some great comedy moments wil Sean William Scott. "You remember Thunder? Huh? How about a little Lightning?" Walking Tall - Again, fantastic film. He plays the character expertly, just a no-bs badass who arrives, kicks ass, and leaves. And the fact that it's based on a true story is cool. Plus, again, like in WTTJ, his co-star (here Johnny Knoxville off Jackass) provides some great comedy moments. And finally (finally, the Rock has... oh sorry, wandered off for a second) Be Cool. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. It was amazing. Rock's gay samoan bodyguard is great, as is the guy he's supposed to be guarding. Practically every character is hilarious, plus a little bit of Uma Thurman never hurt anybody.

Blade Trinity. Triple H was in BT as Jarko Grimwood. He used a lot of wrestling moves (followng on from Blade 2 when Blade suplexed a guard) including the Pedigree. In the fight scene (against Hannibal King), Ryan Reynolds, who played King, took all of the moves except a running powerslam, saying he didn't want a stuntman to "do his job". Thus, Reynolds can add to his CV "been Pedigree'd by The Game himself".

I recently watched Gridiron gang and it wasnt as bad as I thought. The rock gave a solid performance.

Edge on MAD TV, great sketches!!

The Marine is a fair action film. Lots of explosions, the girl is hot, speed chases and Cena's role was not that bad. I suggest him to stay making films and bring The Rock back instead! :D

Bill Goldberg: Half Past Dead 2 bought it today. Why? Because Goldberg was in it. Looks shit. My prediction is shit also. He was also in The Longest Yard remake. Apparently he has a large penis. Funny. Well, not really. And he was in Universal Soldier 2. Only marginally worse than the original.

Nathan Jones: Was in Troy for all of a minute. Got killed by Brad Pitt and a long ass sword. Great performance. Also brilliant in Warrior King. He played the big, roided, grunting oaf well.

Terry Funk: Was in that film with Jonny Knoxville about the special olympics. The name escapes me. The Ringer, that's it. He plays a hard man with no lines. He looks like an old man with no teeth.

I will give other people the oppertunity to name some more, but I could go all day.

If i could chose just one movie i would chose Be Cool with the Rock. He doesnt have the biggest role but he does have a significant part. I thought it was a risky decision playing a "gay" body guard but he pulled it off. he had a solid performance and he was all around good performance by the Rock and was better than i expected. I also enjoyed the Condemned with SCSA, yes he is not the greatest actor but he play his role quite well, he actually did do some great acting and his facial expressions in some parts were actually funny and it was like he was actually Jack Conrad. It was a solid performance for all his action scenes, but if i had to chose one movie i would say Be Cool because it was something not expected by the Rock but he pulled it off and gave a solid performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back