• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which is the most prestigious title?

Not counting the NWA world Heavyweight Championship Im going to have to go with the WWE Championship. Its the only other title that has been around long enough to have any kind of prestige to it. Furthermore the WHC hasn't been around long enough to be considered in the ranking. If you were looking directly at heritage then you would have to put the WWE Womens Championship and the ECW title in front of the World Title but we all know that Title is worth about as much as the silver its made of.

How are you going to mention the NWA title, that title is worth as much as the ECW title, nothing. It was at one time, the best title to have, but once Hogan came on, that title went down hill and manly because of how many times Ric Flair won the belt and lost the belt and plus how it fell off the face of the earth it seems. So guy name Blue Demon Jr holds the belt on a TV that many don’t watch or don’t want to watch. It’s the WWE title, thread over as wrestling is about TV and popularity and the WWE is on TV and the most popular wrestling promotion, so the WWE Championship is the most prestigious. Don’t give that “We against the WWE” crap naming TNA or ROH so you seem cool and in tune with wrestling around the world. It’s the WWE title just as the NFL Championship is the most prestigious in American style football, NBA title in basketball, World Series in baseball, NCAA in college. WWE is king, so its champion is king. End of thread. Stop trying to be cool wrestling fans and answer with you r brains.

I mention the NWA Championship because it's had a lasting legacy on professional wrestling and all your pointless bluster and ranting won't change that. I don't deny that the NWA World Championship isn't what it was, but that doesn't tarnish it's overall prestige. It was THE World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion for most of the second half of the 20th Century. Thesz, O'Connor, Rogers, Kiniski, Race, the Funks, Flair are not only true legends but they actually brought something that Hulk Hogan could never do with the WWE Championship: legitimacy. I don't deny Hogan's impact, nor do I deny the fact that he is simply the biggest star in the history of the industry. But, the fact is, when it comes to his ability to put on a competitive wrestling match, Hulk Hogan couldn't carry the jock strap of any of those former NWA Champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back