• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which gimmick wrestler deserved any title run in WWE history?

Face Crush instead of Lex Luger against Yokozuna at Summerslam 93. Crush was young, had an awesome look, was over. and wasnt too shabby in the ring. he was being built for this role. its never been really explained why wwe abandoned his push.

Man those are some names from the past.

Burchill, wow, when he did the C4 in all that gear and he entered the arena on a rope, I thought for sure he was gonna be huge. I laughed my ass off everytime he entered the arena. He would have been good with a belt, he would have carried it in a treasure chest and all.

and Hassan, man that was the best new gimmick of the 2000s I think. EVERYBODY hated him. He was the shit. He would've been great as champ. But it would have probably ended the same way Slaughter ended. Just lose to some patriotic guy (im guessing Angle or Cena) in the end.

But as far as a gimmick wrestler who should've had the WWF belt was Bad News Brown. I don't know if he had a gimmick or not? Is a bad-ass who don't give a shit a gimmick? hmmmm.

He just came into the WWF at the wrong time. Had he come in say 1998, he would have been champ, not The Rock. He was just awesome, he had combined gimmicks long before other wrestlers used his.

For example:
he said whatever he wanted to say (Stone Cold)
he faught (verbally) against the boss, Jack Tunney (Stone Cold)
played the race card against Jack Tunney (Faarooq)
called out faces and heels, a tweener (nWo)

he also had a lot of talent:
had a pretty dope finisher, the Ghetto Blaster
could cut a great promo
was pretty big and tall, not that muscular, but agile
had tremendous heat with the fans

He could have and should have beaten that no good beer belly sharecropper (he coined the name) Hollywood Hulk Hogan if it didn't take place in the 80's.

Hassan is an obvious choice. He had all that heat.Its just a shame he had to leave when he did.If he returned that would be epic.

And Goldust.He took a crap ass gimmick and turned it legendary.He definately deserves a title run.

Wow, so many awesome choices. Goldust and Hassan have always been curiosities in that they've never held the big title but both have been very highly over at their peak. hell, Goldust is still over, but i don't see a title run happening this late in the game. Then again, I never saw Jerry Lawler as number 1 contender at age 60, so....

If I had to pick people not already on the list, I'll try this bunch:

JYD: I don't recall him ever holding a title in either NWA or WWF. He was certainly over enough to hold the big belt, but I think he would have been perfect for a midcard title.

Tajiri: One of the few ECW alumni that managed to come to the WWE and make an impressive name for himself without cashing in on the invasion angle or the ECW brand that came years later. Well over as a heel or face without saying a word, and with William Regal in his corner he was golden. He held midcard belts, but was more than capable of holding the big one. I know some would complain about his size, but if handled the same way as Mysterio the audience could easily buy it.

Hardcore Holly: Another man who took a crap gimmick and turned it into something special. Was great in the ring, respected in the back, and was more than over enough to make for a solid world champ.

Val Venis: His gimmick sort of lost ground as the Attitude era was waning, but his wrestling never did. during the Attitude era it could have worked.

Mr. Perfect: Yes he held titles but never the big one, and that is truly a travesty. I'll go one further and say that he, Ravishing Rick Rude and Jake the Snake Roberts were all great talents that in their prime should have held and feuded over the world title.

Roddy Piper: A completely missed opportunity if there ever was one. He feuded with main eventers convincingly, was hated in ways few performers could match and never broke character.

Man this list just keeps getting longer. I'm sure more will come to me...

The Genius - He would have been a great heel champion. If he had managed to pin Hogan he could have always retained his title by always getting counted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back