Which 10 Wrestlers Epitomize ECW...And Who's the Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliance In Supremacy

Getting Noticed By Management
Which ten wrestlers - past and present - do you think best epitomize what ECW is all about? Make sure they've spent significant time in ECW and have built themselves up as ECW names.

Here's my take:

1) Rob Van Dam
2) Sabu
3) Shane Douglas
4) Terry Funk
5) Raven
6) The Sandman
7) Tommy Dreamer
8) New Jack
9) Tazz
10) Rhyno

The future: CM Punk

I'd add the Dudleys to that list as well.

And yes you are right CM Punk is the future of ECW & the WWE.

Yup - the Dudleys should defo be in there...What about Mikey Whipwreck? Not sure I agree that New jack should make it - never thought he was any good...

Actually, I see nothing but the hardcore guys on that list. To me, ECW was about a few different things. My top 10 would probably look like this.

1) Sabu
2) RVD
3) Jerry Lynn
4) Tajiri
5) Super Crazy
6) Chris Benoit
7) Tazz
8) Tommy Dreamer
9) Sandman
10) Dudleys

Brilliance In Supremacy said:
Which ten wrestlers - past and present - do you think best epitomize what ECW is all about? Make sure they've spent significant time in ECW and have built themselves up as ECW names.

Here's my take:

1) Rob Van Dam
2) Sabu
3) Shane Douglas
4) Terry Funk
5) Raven
6) The Sandman
7) Tommy Dreamer
8) New Jack
9) Tazz
10) Rhyno

The future: CM Punk

That's a good list but I think either Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit or Chris Jericho should be on the list. They were'nt in ECW for long but they used it as a springboard to the bigger leagues. Without ECW these smaller wrestlers might never have made it as champions.

Oh, forgot to put the future down. There are a couple I think hold that torch. Some people don't think so, but Kevin Thorne fits the style of ECW, and is not too shabby in the ring. He can be one of the future stars. The other is pretty obvious...CM Punk. Amazing in ring talent, amazing charism and mic skills. The guy is the all around total package. Now, if only WWE would try to capatilize on that. Show us what he is made of. Have a 60 minute match against someone like RVD, or Sabu (an amazing mat technician suprisingly...). However, we all know WWE would never let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back