• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wheres the love

Milkyway!

Hodor!
For Killer Kowalski? The man is an utter legend. He revolutionized what a heel truly was, he popularized The Claw, and he was truly the first dirtiest player in the game. This man was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996. Hes honestly one of the most nasty men I have ever seen, and he just looks, breathes, feels heelish. His hieght, chizzled physic, agile, and speed awed the crouds in the span of his 30 year career, an estimation of 6000 matches occured, yet only 2090 are documented. Throughout the 1947-1977 Killer Kowalski reigned supreme as wwf's #1 heel. Until finnally retiring, in 1997. He did hold quite a few titles I might add. A total of 37 title reigns in 27-28 years. As well as he was the first man to hold both NWA, and WWF titles.

NWA Texas tag team (solo) 1950
Central States Heavyweight 1951
Pacific Coast (CA) tag team 1951
International (Quebec) title 1952-63 (11x)
Big Time Wrestling title 1958-61
Pacific Coast (BC) tag team 1961-62 (2x)
Stampede Canadian title 1962
WWWF U.S. tag team 1963
IWA (Australia) title 1964-67 (6x)
Hawaiian U.S. Heavyweight 1965-66
IWA (Australia) tag team 1967-71 (4x)
NWA America's title 1972
Grand Prix (Quebec) title 1972-73 (2x)
Grand Prix (Quebec) tag team 1972-73 (2x)
NWA Southern (FL) title 1975
WWWF tag team 1976

When Killer first debuted he was suprisingly a babyface. Legend has it that in 1954 he severed a mans ear during a botched moved. Killer then visited the man in the hospital and laughed at his injury, somehow this got out into the public view. The next show, a man yelled "Killer" twards Kowalski, and the name adopted. The heel blood flowing through Killer, was unleashed. There was no turning back from that point on. He was in a small altercation with "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, breaking his leg.

In the 1960's Killer was 1 half tag team champions teaming with John Studd. They both wore black masks and called themselves "The Executioners."

Killer would go on to live through the Sammartino era. All throughout the 60's and the 70's he was the main antagonist twards Killer, and they had several bouts with eachother. This, being one of them.

[youtube]7Fk1bCBQ1As[/youtube]

I think this very well sums up what Killer was capable of. Bruno Sammartino himself said "This was the toughest man I have ever faced." His tactics were simple, do anything to get the win. He certainly had the skill to do whatever the heck he wanted to. Killer could go the extra mile to do anything he very well pleased, as long as he picked up the win, and as long as he pissed off the croud. Using The Claw, and another trademark move known as The Kangaroo Hop.

After retiring in 1977 Killer opened up his own wrestling school known as Killer Kowalski’s Professional Wrestling School. This school has trained the likes of HHH, Chyna, Perry Saturn, and Matt Bloom.

Kowalski is considered one of the best wrestlers to ever live in the eyes of many, especially Bruno Sammartino from what I've heard. He was the most hated man the 60's and 70's. Breaking someones leg, severing an ear, and just having disgustingly gory matches with everyone under the sun. Killer was one hell of a competitor, and we may never see anything like him again.

Reactions: NSL
He is in the WWE Hall of Fame, he was inducted in 1996...

They weren't doing ceremonies annually in the same way they do now which led to a lot of confusion as to who was inducted and who wasn't...

But he is definitely there, and has been for 13 years or more!

For Killer Kowalski? The man is an utter legend. He revolutionized what a heel truly was, he popularized The Claw, and he was truly the first dirtiest player in the game. This man was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996. Hes honestly one of the most nasty men I have ever seen, and he just looks, breathes, feels heelish. His hieght, chizzled physic, agile, and speed awed the crouds in the span of his 30 year career, an estimation of 6000 matches occured, yet only 2090 are documented. Throughout the 1947-1977 Killer Kowalski reigned supreme as wwf's #1 heel. Until finnally retiring, in 1997. He did hold quite a few titles I might add. A total of 37 title reigns in 27-28 years. As well as he was the first man to hold both NWA, and WWF titles.

NWA Texas tag team (solo) 1950
Central States Heavyweight 1951
Pacific Coast (CA) tag team 1951
International (Quebec) title 1952-63 (11x)
Big Time Wrestling title 1958-61
Pacific Coast (BC) tag team 1961-62 (2x)
Stampede Canadian title 1962
WWWF U.S. tag team 1963
IWA (Australia) title 1964-67 (6x)
Hawaiian U.S. Heavyweight 1965-66
IWA (Australia) tag team 1967-71 (4x)
NWA America's title 1972
Grand Prix (Quebec) title 1972-73 (2x)
Grand Prix (Quebec) tag team 1972-73 (2x)
NWA Southern (FL) title 1975
WWWF tag team 1976

When Killer first debuted he was suprisingly a babyface. Legend has it that in 1954 he severed a mans ear during a botched moved. Killer then visited the man in the hospital and laughed at his injury, somehow this got out into the public view. The next show, a man yelled "Killer" twards Kowalski, and the name adopted. The heel blood flowing through Killer, was unleashed. There was no turning back from that point on. He was in a small altercation with "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, breaking his leg.

In the 1960's Killer was 1 half tag team champions teaming with John Studd. They both wore black masks and called themselves "The Executioners."

Killer would go on to live through the Sammartino era. All throughout the 60's and the 70's he was the main antagonist twards Killer, and they had several bouts with eachother. This, being one of them.

[youtube]7Fk1bCBQ1As[/youtube]

I think this very well sums up what Killer was capable of. Bruno Sammartino himself said "This was the toughest man I have ever faced." His tactics were simple, do anything to get the win. He certainly had the skill to do whatever the heck he wanted to. Killer could go the extra mile to do anything he very well pleased, as long as he picked up the win, and as long as he pissed off the croud. Using The Claw, and another trademark move known as The Kangaroo Hop.

After retiring in 1977 Killer opened up his own wrestling school known as Killer Kowalski’s Professional Wrestling School. This school has trained the likes of HHH, Chyna, Perry Saturn, and Matt Bloom.

Kowalski is considered one of the best wrestlers to ever live in the eyes of many, especially Bruno Sammartino from what I've heard. He was the most hated man the 60's and 70's. Breaking someones leg, severing an ear, and just having disgustingly gory matches with everyone under the sun. Killer was one hell of a competitor, and we may never see anything like him again.
Killer Kowalski was a great wrestler but lou thesz was better in everyway. Kowalski never beat thesz but thesz beat him .so you asked where love for Kowalski is & i tell you it is not their because lou thesz was better .

Killer Kowalski was a great wrestler but lou thesz was better in everyway. Kowalski never beat thesz but thesz beat him .so you asked where love for Kowalski is & i tell you it is not their because lou thesz was better .

Even with your edit this could be the most pointless post that we have ever seen on these forums. Killer Kowalski was better overall than Lou Thesz, hes considered to be the best all around wrestler in history, according to Bruno Sammartino, and The WWE 24/7 on demand "Legends" show. Lou Thesz was good, yes. But still this has nothing to do as to why the love for Killer Kowalski isn't at these forums. The reason hes not at this forums, is because a lot of his work was in the 50's-60's a time period in which many don't really study on, and think about when it comes to the world of wrestling. Most people think wrestling, their mind goes to WrestleMania, and Hulk Hogan. Simply because no one here is that old to remember much more, and wrestling wasn't that big during the times. Lou Thesz is simply known on these forums because of Gelgarians "Why Lou Thesz is better than Sting post." Many of the posters I've talked to simply had no clue who he was until the tournament. The same is probably with Killer, we just don't know enough to really talk about these wrestlers. Not because Lou was better, because he most certainly wasn't better. In a kayfaybe sense, Killer may have never beaten Lou, but to even out your little arguement lets look at the times Killer faces Thesz.

06/30 St. Louis, MO DREW Lou Thesz
01/06 St. Louis, MO lost to Lou Thesz
01/29 St. Louis, MO lost to Lou Thesz
11/07 Nashville, TN beat Lou Thesz
04/23 San Antonio, TX lost to Lou Thesz by DQ
05/19 Houston, TX lost to Lou Thesz (NWA World champion)

Theres a few more, but thats the main ones. Keeping in mind Lou was the babyface, and Killer was the Heel, it made since for Killer to lose. For the simple fact Killer was extremely over as a heel, and the storyline went something like "Lou has his number, can Killer do it" each time they faced. Obviously, it was to keep Lou over.

Even with your edit this could be the most pointless post that we have ever seen on these forums. Killer Kowalski was better overall than Lou Thesz, hes considered to be the best all around wrestler in history, according to Bruno Sammartino, and The WWE 24/7 on demand "Legends" show. Lou Thesz was good, yes. But still this has nothing to do as to why the love for Killer Kowalski isn't at these forums. The reason hes not at this forums, is because a lot of his work was in the 50's-60's a time period in which many don't really study on, and think about when it comes to the world of wrestling. Most people think wrestling, their mind goes to WrestleMania, and Hulk Hogan. Simply because no one here is that old to remember much more, and wrestling wasn't that big during the times. Lou Thesz is simply known on these forums because of Gelgarians "Why Lou Thesz is better than Sting post." Many of the posters I've talked to simply had no clue who he was until the tournament. The same is probably with Killer, we just don't know enough to really talk about these wrestlers. Not because Lou was better, because he most certainly wasn't better. In a kayfaybe sense, Killer may have never beaten Lou, but to even out your little arguement lets look at the times Killer faces Thesz.

06/30 St. Louis, MO DREW Lou Thesz
01/06 St. Louis, MO lost to Lou Thesz
01/29 St. Louis, MO lost to Lou Thesz
11/07 Nashville, TN beat Lou Thesz
04/23 San Antonio, TX lost to Lou Thesz by DQ
05/19 Houston, TX lost to Lou Thesz (NWA World champion)

Theres a few more, but thats the main ones. Keeping in mind Lou was the babyface, and Killer was the Heel, it made since for Killer to lose. For the simple fact Killer was extremely over as a heel, and the storyline went something like "Lou has his number, can Killer do it" each time they faced. Obviously, it was to keep Lou over.
. Killer Kowalski was not better overall than Lou Thesz. thesz could wrestle circles around Kowalski. Lou thesz was better overall than Killer Kowalski . lou thesz was the first undisputed world champion ever & Killer Kowalski was never a world champion . so that is why Killer Kowalski gets no love & lou thesz does. lou thesz was also better then Bruno Sammartino. lou thesz & danny hodges were the best wrestlers of that era & no one could touch them from Killer Kowalski to Bruno Sammartino to stu hart . i know alot about both wrestlers. i have met lou thesz & have video footage of lou thesz & Killer Kowalski. i have erad evey book on the old days of wrestling & evey one of them say lou thesz was & always better then Killer Kowalski.lou thesz won every territories main title & made the first real undisputed world champion.also wrertling was real back then & not fake like the 80's & after.Killer Kowalski was good but not even close to being the best of that era . Killer Kowalski was not the hooker like lou thesz.

. Killer Kowalski was not better overall than Lou Thesz. thesz could wrestle circles around Kowalski. Lou thesz was better overall than Killer Kowalski . lou thesz was the first undisputed world champion ever & Killer Kowalski was never a world champion . so that is why Killer Kowalski gets no love & lou thesz does. lou thesz was also better then Bruno Sammartino. lou thesz & danny hodges were the best wrestlers of that era & no one could touch them from Killer Kowalski to Bruno Sammartino to stu hart . i know alot about both wrestlers. i have met lou thesz & have video footage of lou thesz & Killer Kowalski. i have erad evey book on the old days of wrestling & evey one of them say lou thesz was & always better then Killer Kowalski.lou thesz won every territories main title & made the first real undisputed world champion.also wrertling was real back then & not fake like the 80's & after.Killer Kowalski was good but not even close to being the best of that era . Killer Kowalski was not the hooker like lou thesz.

Mate learn your wrestling history, thesz was not the first unified champion, that honour goes to a man known as Frank Gotch, with a match from 1908 against Georg Hackenschmidt. Yes Thesz was a hooker but the matches were still worked, Thesz was a face, Kowalski was a Heel, think about that for a second, this is back in the days when Faces and Heels mattered, if the Heel won a match it was through cheating in some manner or through careful manipulation of the face to get the Roll up, or they are a hulking bruiser. Kowalski's job was to Job. consider that statement for a second, he kept staying over despite losing, because being a face and being a heel mattered to the results of matches.

. Killer Kowalski was not better overall than Lou Thesz.

According to Bruno Sammartino, he is. According to the WWE show known as "Legends" on WWE 24/7 Killer is better the best allaround wrestler ever.

thesz could wrestle circles around Kowalski.

Circles don't pick up pins, silly. In all seriousness, this isn't true. Just watch the Bruno Sammartino match vs KK in the first post, Thesz was good no doupt, but he wasn't that good.

Lou thesz was better overall than Killer Kowalski .

Didn't you just say this?

lou thesz was the first undisputed world champion ever & Killer Kowalski was never a world champion

That'd be awesome if either of these facts were true. The first ever undisputed champion's name was Georg Hackenschmidt. Killer Kowalski won the AWA/IWA World Heavyweight championship 8 times between 1952-1962, just saying.

so that is why Killer Kowalski gets no love & lou thesz does.

All your facts were incorrect, what the hell? I'm assuming this is wrong too, just becuase everything else was. Lou Thesz gets love, becuase of a poster like Gelgarian posted the "Why Lou Thesz is better than Sting" thread. Simple as that. As stated before hand, a lot of posters I have talked to had no clue who Lou Thesz was until that post was made.

lou thesz was also better then Bruno Sammartino.

Prove it? Brunno Sammartino was one of the best wrestlers ever. I'm going to put him in the top 5. The guy was a technical messiah.

lou thesz & danny hodges were the best wrestlers of that era & no one could touch them from Killer Kowalski to Bruno Sammartino to stu hart .

:lol: You just mentioned 3 of the best wrestlers on the face of this planet, and degraded them like that? I mean how are we supposed to take you seriously after you spout such lies above, and then come down here, and disrespect these legends? Call me stupid but, I don't even know who Danny Hodges is. He's obviously not that great.

i know alot about both wrestlers.

No you don't. You proved it above.

i have met lou thesz & have video footage of lou thesz & Killer Kowalski.

Hi, my name is President Obama. I am the first black president ever, as well as the youngest president to date. Whats your name youngster?

i have erad evey book on the old days of wrestling & evey one of them say lou thesz was & always better then Killer Kowalski.

You're such a liar..:lmao: Honestly, Killer Kowalski is considered one of the best all around wrestlers in the history of wrestling. Lou was good, but even he was considered to have some weak points.

lou thesz won every territories main title & made the first real undisputed world champion.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :flair:

Sorry, anyways, LOU THESZ WAS NOT THE FIRST UNDISPUTED CHAMPION. WE GOT THIS?

also wrertling was real back then & not fake like the 80's & after.Killer Kowalski was good but not even close to being the best of that era .

Err, this irrelivant, Killer and Lou's primes both were before the 80's. So, who cares about this little fact/opinion/lie? Now, I don't know, but from my full understanding. Its not necassarily proven it was real back then anyways.

Killer Kowalski was not the hooker like lou thesz.

Thesz was a prostitute? Gross. Rofl, Killer was a heel, it wasn't his job to draw the fans. It was his job to make them wanna come see the face, and he did that for 10 years in helping make Bruno Sammartino the legend he is today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back