• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where's Christian?

The_Don

Occasional Pre-Show
Christian hasn't been on WWE TV since September 9, where the Shield dragged him out when Edge was a guest on Raw. But before that, he wasn't seen in weeks due to another concussion (correct me if I'm wrong). His last match was against Alberto Del Rio on SmackDown after SummerSlam. I believe he can really help on the midcard at least, where the US/IC title scene looks awful. So my questions really are:

Is he still sidelined due to that concussion?

Has he been cleared to compete?

Or does creative doesn't have anything for him again?

Who cares?

I like Christian, but it's two years since he had a significant run in the company. He's been injured on and off since. He's also in dire need of a character overhaul.

To me he's like Rey Mysterio (Possibly my favorite wrestler of all time to put it into perspective) in that he's been on TV so infrequently in recent years that I've moved on and he could be retired for all I care.

I honestly don't care either. He hasn't been interesting to me since 2005 when he was arguably one of the best performers on Raw. It's funny that him and Mark Henry always seem to be out simultaneously.

It's time for Christian to transition into a manager or something along those lines. He can't stay healthy for any significant amount of time which has fans completely disinterested in him.

I honestly forgot Christian was still with the WWE, I thought he had silently retired or something he's gone that much.

The last time I remember being at least half way interested in something Christian was doing was the feud with Del Rio after Edge retired.

Christian would be better off taking a spot as a trainer at NXT or even as a road agent. He's hurt too much to really care about his returns because they will be over in a matter of short time.

Christian, Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry are on that list of guys who are really good at what they do, but they can't and will never be healthy enough for that to matter anymore.

It's time for Christian to call it a career, and a pretty damn good one at that.

I've said it a million times. Put Christian in a tag team. He's a tag team legend. If he's only working half matches he'll stay healthy. The tag division needs a spark, Christian can help with that. Team Christian with The Miz, another accomplished tag team wrestler/former world champ/lost in mid card guy. The two of them have great mic skills and an uncanny ability to get under peoples skin. Give them matching attire, entrance music, a tag finisher, and turn them heel. Let them help revive a dying division.

I took a ton of shit for taking an anti-Christian stance a few months ago, and now it seems there's a near universal agreement that Christian is mediocre and isn't missed. Not saying I disagree. Oh, contrare. I agree a million times over. Just wondering what the fuck happened to the IWC's irrational love for this lifelong curtain jerker.

Christian only had success because he is Edge's friend. Edge carried him to tag titles and then Edge's retirement carried him to the World Heavyweight Title. He is 5 years past his best and WWE shouldn't have resigned him from TNA. I hope he doesn't comeback not even if it was just for a retirement speech because I don't want to see 1 more match or even 1 more appearance. Go back to TNA or start training NXT guys

I enjoyed Christian's very short run as World champion in 2011. His feud with Randy Orton was probably feud of the year candidate but since then, he has done nothing of interest. He has been off of TV and then sporadically returning for a few months etc....at this point I would suggest that Christian takes on some sort of backstage role ALA Regal, helping younger less established talent for the future.

I respect what some said that they are disinterested in Christian, while others pointed at a retirement. I don't believe he needs to retire yet, but then again, he has been hurt more often in the past 3 years.

I guess we're going to have to wait and see if they use him in any sort of way or not...

Thank you all for the feedback though!

I don't believe he needs to retire yet, but then again, he has been hurt more often in the past 3 years.

I can agree with that. The only thing stopping him from being a useful mid-card wrestler is the fact he's rarely around. To me, the most telling factor is having his name brought to my attention, only to realize he had been missing for months....and I wasn't even aware of it. Have you ever had that happen?

Christian can certainly work a match, but he doesn't have any outstanding features we associate with performers who truly stand out: he has an unimpressive physique, no particular outstanding moves, a personality that doesn't excite or intimidate.

None of which is to say he shouldn't be on the roster, but I can't agree with folks who think he should hold a major championship. He's already been given the privilege, and that's great. I look at it as a reward for years of service, although it took longer for him to get that recognition because of his time willingly spent with another wrestling organization.

But, face it..... we can feel as sorry for Christian as we want for his frequent injuries, but a guy who can't perform and sits on the sidelines while drawing a salary is of no use to his employer while he's out. I wonder if Christian hasn't already reached the point of diminishing returns for WWE; at some juncture, they're bound to pull the plug on him if he's constantly out of action.

He's always been a pretty good talker, so it seems like he'd fit in nicely as a manger, or color commentator. If he were to go the route of the latter, I would have him replace JBL on SD!, not because I think JBL is bad but because they have him doing too much as is, he's got the JBL & Cole show, commentary on both RAW & SD!, & he's the GM of NXT, so why not lighten up JBL's work load a bit & give the SD! commentary spot to Christian, I think it'd be a good fit for him.

I think Christian when he came back to WWE had a decent run of matches in ECW, and even some since then, but its true Christian just can't stay healthy it may come to a point where they think of him like Ken Anderson as a danger to himself and others and let him go.

I say have him return and turn him heel, and make him on RAW. Since Christian is my number 1 favorite WWE superstar right now, I think i am the only one who misses him very much, and I'm just gonna let go and ignore what all of you guys are saying about him. Because we all know christian has an injury problem, but its not his fault that he hasnt been interesting since 2011 because its all on WWE. He should come back very soon, have his "supposed" feud with the shield, and turn heel afterwards. Christian has put his heart in soul into the WWE, and they dont even give a shit. Christian has done everything in the WWE except for of course the main event, and I believe with one more heel turn he could make it. We havent seen a proper Cena/Christian feud and that feud would be really interesting to see, since we have already seen an orton/christian feud and sheamus/christian. This feud as well should be over the WWE title, and whether he wins it or not I believe that feud should happen before he retires

Christian is going to be 40 yrs old at the end of the month.. While 40 is not old by any stretch he is rather injury prone. Those injuries concussion,shoulders take a toll on your body. But yes i do miss christian,he is a great mid-carder while healthy and adds fire to the roster. His days as a WHC are over IMO he just cant stay healthy enough. As to where he is now,simply creative just doesnt have anything for him yet! But he will be back

Is he still sidelined due to that concussion?
I may be completely off on this but If I am remembering correctly, from what I read Christian was really having problems with his shoulder/rotator cuff & that's why he has been taking time off. I believe the whole concussion angle & of course the beatdown by The Shield was all scripted & just a way of writing him off of TV for the time being.
Has he been cleared to compete?
As far as I know he hasn't been cleared to compete yet but I think Christian is quickly becoming the new Y2J/RVD type part timer. Christian probably has a lot of old nagging injuries & since he has been with WWE for so long & has earned Vince's trust to a certain degree I think he has started to work a lighter schedule. He can still do appearences & whatever else Vince wants while getting some well deserved time off & for as along as he can, he can step back in the ring & work with the newer talent when WWE has something for him.
Or does creative doesn't have anything for him again?
Like I sort of touched on at the end of the last question, I imagine Creative isn't really focusing on him at all right now & gathering from his last return the creative team seems to have trouble finding spots for him but I'm pretty sure that Christian will be back sooner rather than later.

I think the wear & tear of the business has caught up to Christian the past couple of years. He turns 40 at or around the end of this month and he's wrestled a pretty physical, high risk style for the 18 years or so he's been involved in wrestling. Since the concussion, maybe he's also had some other nagging injuries that've been bothering him and WWE wants to give him more time to rest up.

I've been a fan of Christian for a very long time. In all honesty, I do think that Christian could have been a significant main eventer if WWE had decided to push him 8 to 10 years back as they did with Edge or instead of Edge. Personally, I always thought Christian was the superior wrestler on the mic or inside the ring. But, the feud he had with Randy Orton in 2011, which featured some truly excellent matches, over the World Heavyweight Championship is all he's going to get. I'm a little surprised it happened at all to be perfectly honest.

If Christian does return, or whenever he returns, he's someone that could be put to really good use in the mid-card or tag team picture. I'd kind of like to see him as part of a tag team again. I don't expect him to garner any significant title runs if he comes back because, and this is just a feeling I've got with no evidence to suggest it's true, I believe that WWE sees him as someone who can look good while putting over other guys. As I said, he turns 40 in a few weeks and I'd say his peak years as a significant player in WWE are behind him.

I've said it a million times. Put Christian in a tag team. He's a tag team legend. If he's only working half matches he'll stay healthy. The tag division needs a spark, Christian can help with that. Team Christian with The Miz, another accomplished tag team wrestler/former world champ/lost in mid card guy. The two of them have great mic skills and an uncanny ability to get under peoples skin. Give them matching attire, entrance music, a tag finisher, and turn them heel. Let them help revive a dying division.

You raise a damn good point. Christian should go back to his tag team roots, turn heel and partner with The Miz. With Miz/Christian as a tag team, you'd get entertaining matches, quality promos, not to mention The Miz would actually be able to wrestle on PPVs again instead of mostly being relegated to wrestling matches on the preshows of the PPVs. If Miz and Christian ever did team up, their tag team finisher could be a combination of Miz doing the Skull Crushing Finale with Christian simultaneously hitting the Gangrel Impaler DDT.

Here's another thing-Since Christian's injury prone, maybe he should start using DDPYoga. Supposedly Jericho's been doing DDPYoga for a couple years and he's been putting on great matches whenever he does happen to wrestle, hence if DDPYoga's worked for Y2J, then why not Christian?

I see no reason that Christian couldn't work as color commentator or manager with occasional matches. Yes, he's been injured a lot, but to me he's got more upside because of his ability on the mic than someone like Misterio who's pretty much in the same boat injury wise.

I had kinda hoped that with Heyman and Mantel doing so well as managers that it'd bring back a mini-Renaissance of managers. Not too late to really do that adding a guy like Christian.

I can't say im very interested in seeing Christian again because as Cena, he is in dire need of a character change. Although he was heel, he was the most whiny and bitchy heel I have ever seen.( That's prolly not true but to make a point ).

If he were to comeback - if he can stay healthy enough, tho 18 years in the bizz with his style , as you can see, can take a toll on your body.If he were - I would like him to stay in the mid card an put over guys cause he cant do much else, I mean we all k now how Vince and co. feel about him.

He is a good talker so If he cant be there in a wrestling fashion he can try commentating. I dont think he can be a manager just yet tho.I think as CM Punk, Christian has that wit to him so the commentating position would suit him imo.

No one cares that hes gone? In his short time wrestling this year he had some great matches. I find it to be a total joke that "wrestling" fans like your self don't miss him. Guess its what ever the flavor of the month is. If his gimmick doesn't SCREAM something cool then no one gives a crap, how about what they do inside the ring? That ever count?

I'm a fan of Christians and always have been, but his days are limited. As many have said the brutality of the matches he's worked for 18 years has caught up with him. But this is a guy who can talk, who's good in the ring, and has credibility. The WWE also seem to still think he has something to offer - he faced Alberto Del Rio at Summerslam for the World Title!

When he returns, he should, in my opinion, slot back in the mid-card and help elevate the mid-card championships/talent. If Big E Langston wins the Intercontinental Title, have Christian come back as the whiny heel and give him a couple of months to elevate Langston, or something like that.

Hell even when Jericho returns put them together as a Tag Team. They could draw on their Canadian heritage or Tag Team history - there's enough similarities to warrant them being a legitimate tag team. By then The Shield may have split, Rhodes will have moved on up the card, so it could be a great way to keep interest in the Tag Team division whilst continuing to build The Usos, Prime Time Players etc.

Christian is a great commodity in my opinion, if he can stay healthy. He can be utilised any way in the mid-card/tag division, as a heel or face, because he's good on the mic and in the ring - so he'd be able to carry a feud with a younger guy. Just get healthy Christian!

He probably got thrown overboard and drowned. Get it, because he's CAPTAIN Charisma? :lmao:

Seriously, Maybe bring him back and make him feud with the undertaker, leading to a match at wrestlemania.

He probably got thrown overboard and drowned. Get it, because he's CAPTAIN Charisma? :lmao:

Seriously, Maybe bring him back and make him feud with the undertaker, leading to a match at wrestlemania.

Yes, because wasting perhaps the Undertaker's final match on a 40-something lifetime midcarder that no one on the face of the earth would buy as a threat to the Undertaker is a great idea. Maybe WrestleMania XXXI will give us that Taker/Ryder dream match we've always wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back