Where Would You Travel for Specialized Training

Where Would You Travel for Specialized Training?

• Brazil: BJJ

• Russia: Sambo

• Thailand: Muay Thai

• Japan: Judo

• United States: Wrestling

Results are only viewable after voting.

PsychoBlack

Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!
I saw this on Sherdog and wanted to know what you guys thought. The choices are BJJ in Brazil, Sambo in Russia, Muay Thai in Thailand, Wrestling in the U.S., or Judo in Japan.

I would have to go with Sambo with Wrestling being a close second. The reason being that not many people practice Sambo which means not many people will know how to train for it. Two notable practitioners of Sambo are Fedor and Andre Arlovski. Both of these guys became champions because of their skill sets unlike many other heavyweights who get by on their size. The reason that I chose wrestling second was because Of all of the top fighters in MMA look how many are wrestlers and have collegiate backgrounds. It's rather simple but very affective and it seems to be taught best over here in the states.

I'd go to Thailand for Muay Thai. High level Muay Thai striking has to me at least proven to be the most deadly style of striking in MMA. Lethal leg kicks that are so fast, and hard to check will fuck somebody's world up. Fast hands, and sharp, hard, and fast knees from the clinch. There are elite level schools for everything else on the list save Sambo in the US that you could easily enter, but Muay Thai is a really difficult style to get into in the US. That is why I chose Muay Thai. I'd choose Sambo 2nd just because you cannot get a high level Sambo practitioner in the States. If you can it is extremely difficult to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back