• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where is Antonio Cesaro ?!!!

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
What happen to Antonio Casaro ?!!! He had a couple of really good matches on smackdown, he even has a good storyline going with aksana and teddy long. I'm loving his original look too !

So i'm having a hard time understanding why we haven't seen him n a couple of weeks. Is he injured ? Is he in the dog house for something ? Can someone let me know

MOD NOTE:
Stay on topic! Spam will be deleted and you risk getting infracted.

He has been wrestling on Superstars, same way Tensai has and even Clay has recently, they're using every show available because believe it or not some fans don't mind going out of their way to watch wrestling. He faced Tyson Kidd this week in a great match, picked up the win and they're continuing the angle with Aksana. You could have so simply Googled the question or even his name and the information would have been before you.

I was hoping that Vince pulled him from tv because he didn't like the Aksana and Teddy storyline, which quite frankly sucks. Antonio Casaro deserves better.

Anyway, I watched the Kidd match. It was good, but I'd rather it be on smackdown or raw giving both Casaro and Kidd exposure.

I personally though he was taken off to refine his skills because he looks sloppy and will possibly hurt someone. Not really keen on him yet. Like I said he seems very dangerous.

Not to sound crass, but I'm hoping he has gone far away, never to return. He was one of the most boring and least promising wrestlers I have seen in recent memory. SmackDown has a solid group of young guys to work with (Sin Cara, Ryback, Damien Sandow, The Prime Time Playets, etc), so I don't think he will be missed.

I personally though he was taken off to refine his skills because he looks sloppy and will possibly hurt someone. Not really keen on him yet. Like I said he seems very dangerous.

Really? Please do emphasize, I've a true interest in hearing how you see easily one of the best grapplers WWE has in Claudio Castagnoli, being "sloppy", considering he has been nothing of the sort? Please, do tell.

antonio cesario was on superstars great match with tyson kidd all three matches on this weeks super stars was actually great to be honest.

I vouch for this. Superstars and NXT are the most consistent shows WWE have, plus they consist of some great wrestling.

Really? Please do emphasize, I've a true interest in hearing how you see easily one of the best grapplers WWE has in Claudio Castagnoli, being "sloppy", considering he has been nothing of the sort? Please, do tell.

In the matches I've seen he looks like he will hurt someone. When he performs throws or slams he looks overly aggressive and sloppy. He also looks awkward in the ring. IMO this is what he needs to work on. Sorry if you fail to agree.

In the matches I've seen he looks like he will hurt someone. When he performs throws or slams he looks overly aggressive and sloppy. He also looks awkward in the ring. IMO this is what he needs to work on. Sorry if you fail to agree.

He in no way, shape or form looks like he'll hurt someone. Don't believe me, ask Tyson Kidd who tweeted on Tuesday "great match with @antoniocesaro lives up to his rep!" And that is coming from a guy who is recognized as a fantastic wrestler, so I think I'll take Kidd's word over yours.

Second, he doesn't look awkward in the ring, maybe you've failed to notice this but he holds the European wrestling stance; actually, scrap that you probably have no idea what that means. Just go play SVR or something and check it out, then maybe you'll understand.

Go watch more of his matches if you think he's sloppy, cause he isn't, sorry if you fail to share the correct opinion.

WELL maybe to you it appears "sloppy" but having known him since 2005.. his work is based on european style wrestling & grappling... most of their strikes HIT HARD.. But in Safe Places.. punk & bryan do it now..and BRET always used to do it.. i recall a story when Bret wrestled 123 kid on RAW (remember that).. 123 kid (waltman) was deaf in left ear for 1 week...

i cringe everytime i see alberto del rio throw a strike, whether a punch or a silly Kick with the over- noticeable slap to his thigh!!

plus antonio is very flexible, and takes alot of yoga/pilates.. Bright Future for the young Man.. give him time..

This is the problem when you have so many new characters to establish at one time.

Cesaro has been called up at the same time that Ryback and Damien Sandow. When you add the fact that Darren Young and Titus O' Neil have been called up, you get Brodus appearing every now and then on the program... It makes for too many people that need to get established, and only two hours to do it, if they're keeping him on Smackdown. WWE seems pretty intent to make this Ryback thing work, and they are trying to introduce this Sandow card, so that takes up less time for Cesaro. The truth is, not everyone can get screen time on Smackdown.

Have patience, kind sir. He'll be around. Just not as much as you'd perhaps want

In giving you the benefit of the doubt I rewatched his matches and I still feel the same. Perhaps it's newbie jitters, I don't know, he looks like when a tall guy hits puberty and is all awkward with his size. Take the match with Alex Riley. He did a gut wrench suplex and was very close to breaking his back. Sloppy. As far as Tyson's tweet all I have to say is those are well known for their honesty and lack of kayfabeness (sarcasm). Like he would cut him up. And what's his rep....could mean a lot of things.

WELL maybe to you it appears "sloppy" but having known him since 2005.

Are you like his next door neighbor or something. lol. You make it sound like you know these people. May ask who you are? I do believe in this new era they have toned down the stiffness. It really depends on the two guys in the ring.

i trained at ring of honor for 7 months, did ringside security for each show.. traveled alot.. and yes it does depend on the 2 guys in the ring..i;m sure he would tone down his offense if sum1 asked him to... but trust me, short of an accident, he is an Uber-Professional and is on top of his game..

In all fairness, Canuckhead, anyone will look sloppy facing Alex Riley, because Riley is probably the greenest guy in the WWE, even moreso than Titus. In hindsight, those Miz-Riley matches are actually modern may miracles with how well they worked.

That said, Canuckhead is making a pretty decent point, Dragon. He isn't so much stiffer, as he is working a European style. Now, there's two schools of thought to this; the first is that he's being ordered by agents to do this, to help accentuate the Europe gimmick, and that it's being worked on by both WWE and agents. The other is that he's doing this on his own; in today's environment, I don't know how much that could be, but it is a chance. That said, at some point, Cesaro is going to have to change that stye gradually, if he's going to maximize his potential in the WWE. Otherwise, those matches with Riley will become tenfold, because not as many people look good working against the style. At some point, he will have to change his style

Like others have said, he's been wrestling on Superstars. Also, usually when a new superstar debuts, he'll continue to work down in FCW and hone his craft.

In giving you the benefit of the doubt I rewatched his matches and I still feel the same. Perhaps it's newbie jitters, I don't know, he looks like when a tall guy hits puberty and is all awkward with his size. Take the match with Alex Riley. He did a gut wrench suplex and was very close to breaking his back. Sloppy. As far as Tyson's tweet all I have to say is those are well known for their honesty and lack of kayfabeness (sarcasm). Like he would cut him up. And what's his rep....could mean a lot of things.

You won't give me the benefit of anything, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Claudio has always worked the European style, hence the moniker "Very European", it is made to look stiff without being stiff. As Pippa(It was either this or IWPMLF) stated, Alex Riley isn't exactly the easiest person to compete with considering he bumps like a backyward wrestler. Alex Riley is the only wrestler capable of botching The Miz's finishing maneuver by falling forward too early, and just to make an coincidental observation, Riley seems to have had issues with Gut Wrenches in the past.

[YOUTUBE]h72sYkn84nU[/YOUTUBE]

And then considering it just happened to be on the sidebar for me, I re-watched Castagnoli versus Riley, tell me, how does he nearly break Riley's neck when Riley lands on his ass? Every move he hits is impressive, infact if you dislike his style from his few matches he has had on WWE television, steer clear his independent stuff, because he is an aggressive wrestler, it's something different and judging from the crowds reactions to his moves from the match with Riley and Tyson, he is doing a pretty fine job of making a good impression.

see, this is what bothers me about letting Raw guys on Smackdown and Smackdown guys on Raw. We could have seen Antonio in a match this week on Smackdown but instead we get Santino. and being on Superstars isn't exactly the best thing to get guys over considering that in the wwe's primary market, it isn't on tv.

You won't give me the benefit of anything, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah...no offense but if you are in deed 20 years old, I've been a fan for probably 15 more years then you. I've seen it all in the modern era. So quite frankly your opinion doesn't mean much to me. I know sloppy when I see it. I've never said he won't be a good wrestler down the road, but from what I've seen he has to get used to being in the bigs. I hope he doesn't hurt anybody. Now as far as Rileys neck? I never said neck, I said back. I don't really care if it was Rileys fault, the way he jerked him back up the second time could have ended badly. Having an amateur background I have seen saltos gone bad.

Just saw his match with Tyson Kidd on Superstars and I was very impressed with both guys. Cesaro looked impressive but Kidd had a good flurry of offense too and the finishing sequence was particularly eye-catching.

As has been said already, with the number of new guys competing for TV time, someone would need to take a step back from the A and B shows but I don't think he's going to be stuck there too long.

What happen to Antonio Casaro ?!!! He had a couple of really good matches on smackdown, he even has a good storyline going with aksana and teddy long. I'm loving his original look too !

So i'm having a hard time understanding why we haven't seen him n a couple of weeks. Is he injured ? Is he in the dog house for something ? Can someone let me know

I'm not having a hard time understanding. He sucks, name sucks. His looks is extremely weird looking and the Titty Long storyline is far from interesting. My guess is he's on You tube or NXT where he belongs.

WWE will just be looking to find a balance between his unique European style and the traditional WWE style, much like Regal did in his earlier days, they wont want to eliminate his Euro style altogether though as it's part of what makes him stand out.

I think he could do with some new music though and I don't think the Rugby stuff makes sense as the Swiss are not known for the sport and the US audience don't care about it.

Yeah...no offense but if you are in deed 20 years old, I've been a fan for probably 15 more years then you. I've seen it all in the modern era. So quite frankly your opinion doesn't mean much to me.

Longevity in something doesn't make knowledge, you're a perfect example and the fact you've to bring that into the equation shows you know you've little knowledge of your ramblings. I have more knowledge from the times of Lou Thesz to the current run of CM Punk in my little finger than you have in your entire body. So your fifteen years are irrelevant.

I know sloppy when I see it.

You obviously don't.

I've never said he won't be a good wrestler down the road, but from what I've seen he has to get used to being in the bigs.

Neither did I, I'm saying hes been a good wrestler for the past five years and he is an even better wrestler now. As is another nine people who have posted in this thread, with two wondering where he was and three not giving their opinion. You stand alone; unless you want to be alongside the guy two posts above me who has little understanding of sentence structure and couldn't even emphasize on his opinion. Congrats on being the minority, on most occasions, minorities are idiots.

I hope he doesn't hurt anybody. Now as far as Rileys neck? I never said neck, I said back. I don't really care if it was Rileys fault, the way he jerked him back up the second time could have ended badly. Having an amateur background I have seen saltos gone bad.

No, it couldn't have, at all, because that is the way the move is performed. Riley went on the offense immediately after. So you can take your supposed "15 years" of viewing over me, shove it, because once again you have very little clue what we're discussing here. It is simply me in this, attempting to make sense of your dribble, and your dribble is making no sense.

No, it couldn't have, at all, because that is the way the move is performed. Riley went on the offense immediately after. So you can take your supposed "15 years" of viewing over me, shove it, because once again you have very little clue what we're discussing here. It is simply me in this, attempting to make sense of your dribble, and your dribble is making no sense.

Wow, the fact that you can't see how he COULD have been hurt shows that your simple one track mind is riddled with tunnel vision. You should also learn to read, that's twice now you've misinterpreted what I have written. Your assumption that I know little about wrestling before the modern era just because I said I've seen it all in the modern era is more proof that your just a blow hard who thinks too highly of themselves. I never base my opinions on what's popular, I think for myself and form my own, so the fact there are only a few people on here who agree with me means nothing....I mean do the 7 people who agree with you seriously count as a majority? You're a tool. People like stiff workers because they like realism even at the cost of other people. Why did Bob Holly have such a bad rep? Because he hurt people needlessly. Your opinion mean absolutely nothing to me, but at least I respect others views. Although your highly amusing, I will no longer be participating in your obvious flaming. Have fun with your lonely self.

I just had a look at this Gut-Wrench Suplex he did to Alex Riley. I can't really see how it almost broke his back. Riley seemed to land on his rear and feet in a sort of sitting position. Did look as though Cesaro didn't execute the move very well but it didn't look like Riley was in any risk of getting hurt. Seen far worse like when Brock Lesnar slammed A-Train on his head, could of snapped the guys neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back