• Former World Champ
  • One of a very few to win both WWE and World titles
  • Money in the Bank winner
  • King of the Ring winner
  • Royal Rumble winner
  • Former US champ
  • Won a Wrestlemania 'main event' match in 18 seconds
  • Former WWE Superstar of the year.
  • Has wins over: Orton, Cena, Bryan, Triple H (Can't think of anyone who has done this)

Screw the lack of crowd reaction he has gotten, in terms of pure resume he is top 5 of all time :wtf: . Who else can say they have a resume like this, while never being THE guy (or even in the top 3) in the company????????????!?!! Where do you rank him in todays roster?

They feed him all those achievements to try and make him believable but its just not working. His heel look is impeccable but his mic work is awful. He doesn't give a good reason to care. The only way he could win the World Title is if he's only gonna be a transitional champ.

I wish he was better but let's face it; he isn't.

Lets look at his accomplishments...

• Most TV wins in history
  • Former WWE Champ
  • Former World Champ
  • One of a very few to win both WWE and World titles
  • Money in the Bank winner
  • King of the Ring winner
  • Royal Rumble winner
  • Former US champ
  • Won a Wrestlemania 'main event' match in 18 seconds
  • Former WWE Superstar of the year.
  • Has wins over: Orton, Cena, Bryan, Triple H (Can't think of anyone who has done this)

You can be showered with accomplishments and achievements, but in the end that doesn't matter. Remember The Rock's infamous promo about Billy Gunn shortly after Gunn won KOTR? It went something like this. "God, I just won KOTR, but there's only one problem - everyone still thinks that I absolutely suck!" Replace Gunn with Sheamus and KOTR with any of his accomplishement, and it very much applies.

I'd say the pecking order amongst the current full time workers goes Cena > Orton > and then Sheamus. If Bryan were healthy and still working full time I'd rank him just above Sheamus.

I'd say the pecking order amongst the current full time workers goes Cena > Orton > and then Sheamus. If Bryan were healthy and still working full time I'd rank him just above Sheamus.

What about Reigns and Rollins? Its Cena > Reigns > Rollins > Orton > Sheamus

What about Reigns and Rollins? Its Cena > Reigns > Rollins > Orton > Sheamus

Definitely not. Sheamus has proven himself to be a consistent and reliable main eventer. Reigns has not, and Rollins current title reign alone does not surpass Sheamus's work in the past.

Sheamus's like Alberto Del Rio. In a sense that he is a good worker, a reliable hand to main event, but never the star in any capacity. He just can't connect on the level of his accomplishments and that's fine. 90% of them don't.

Aside from most TV wins, is it that hard for other wrestlers from the 2008-2012 period to acquire all those accolades? I mean, Jack Swagger has a good chunk of those things, tell me how good he's doing these days. Or better yet, Alberto Del Rio.

Sheamus is a part of that pack of wrestlers they pushed too far too fast and lost all steam for it because they did it all so quickly.

The sheer fact that they gave him all of those accolades and the crowd still cannot accept him is not a good sign right? The guy needs to find his character correctly with a good look. I personally think Sheamus has a weak character right now..he is a tough Irishman...woah! That screams main event talent, right?

I believe that the day Sheamus finds his ground and firmly stands on it will be the day he will be accepted by the fans, whether its heel or face.

The honest truth as to why he gets chance after chance to become a star even though he cannot connect, even though he is seemingly injury prone is simply because he is HHH's buddy.

I'd say the pecking order amongst the current full time workers goes Cena > Orton > and then Sheamus.

Indeed. In terms of reliability, I'd say this is pretty spot-on at this point. WWE knows Sheamus is a reliable enough hand when it comes to promo work, putting on good matches, and garnering a decent reaction. He's been around the top tier for over 5 years now, and only 2 others can really say that (and they've been mentioned above). The fact that they gave Sheamus MITB should tell you all you need to know.

The guy is shit tbh. Zero connection with the crowd. Wouldnt care if he had a career ending injury (as long as he could still live a normal life, think edge but without the sadness)

Aside from most TV wins, is it that hard for other wrestlers from the 2008-2012 period to acquire all those accolades? I mean, Jack Swagger has a good chunk of those things, tell me how good he's doing these days. Or better yet, Alberto Del Rio.

Sheamus is a part of that pack of wrestlers they pushed too far too fast and lost all steam for it because they did it all so quickly.

The difference between Sheamus and Swagger is that Sheamus is actually good at doing his job as a performer and is being groomed for another WWE title run, while Swagger... I don't even know where Swagger is... is he even still employed?

The difference between Sheamus and Swagger is that Sheamus is actually good at doing his job as a performer and is being groomed for another WWE title run, while Swagger... I don't even know where Swagger is... is he even still employed?

One smoked pot and has a lisp, the other is Triple H's buddy and has a dumb accent.

Still employed, still possibly the most underappreciated wrestler on the roster, besides perhaps Big E.

I've long thought that Swagger would be best suited asking for his release and giving mixed martial arts a shot. His high level amateur wrestling pedigree, athleticism, and unique body proportions would lend itself to being a pretty good fighter with some training. And the lisp wouldn't matter.

Definitely not. Sheamus has proven himself to be a consistent and reliable main eventer. Reigns has not, and Rollins current title reign alone does not surpass Sheamus's work in the past.

What? First of all he spent a lot of time in the mid card, so hes definitely not a mainstay main eventer like Cena and Orton. When he returned he spent months feuding with the likes of Neville and Ziggler. Even now he doesn't have much direction, just in a filler feud with Orton. Even before his injury, as a face he was just floating around the mid card with no real direction. I definitely wouldn't call that a "consistent main eventer". In terms of reliability, hes just as reliable as Alberto Del Rio, which is not very reliable. They both lack charisma and the ability to connect with the crowd. He gets X-Pac heat (get off my tv screen heat), which is not the same as legit heel heat (I hate this guys guts so bad I want to see him get his ass beat).

On top of that he's getting up there in age, therefore getting more injury prone. He had a injury in 2013 I believe that took him out for 5 months, and another in 2014 that took him out for the same time. Then there was the concussion scare but hes fine I guess. Also wayyy before he joined WWE he was sidelined for 2 years due to a career-threatening neck injury, the same reason why they don't push Daniel Bryan

Besides, pecking order is based on who the company values more and wants to book stronger, not who is more "consistent and reliable". Its clear as day that they value Reigns and Rollins above Sheamus; they have clear plans for Rollins and Reigns but no real direction for Sheamus. They're probably just giving Sheamus a title run because of his role in the TMNT movie. They want to make him champion for more mainstream attention by the time the movie comes out

I like Sheamus, he's one of my favorite superstars. Now if he left the company tomorrow I wouldn't quit watching, but he's never not entertained me. I was actually a fan of his face run even though I prefer him heel, he's well above average as far as I'm concerned. Average of course being Dolph Ziggler, but people love that guy so you know...different strokes.

He's the Mark Strong of wrestling. The guy you know, good at his job and you watch him when he's there but you don't seek him out.

WWE obviously thinks highly of Sheamus and I can see why. He has a great look and is a guy who can stand out from the pack, I like him but all the accolades in the world doesn't make a pro wrestler great because quite frankly those accolades are decided by someone else.

Sheamus has fell into the same trap is a lot of guys in the last 5-6 years and just like many, it's not his fault at all. Sheamus has all the tools to be a main eventer which is why he fits in the main event pretty well whenever he gets promoted up there, he's a good guy to have facing the other main eventers on the roster. On that merit alone I would argue he's top 5-10 on the roster, probably closer to the top 5 group then the top 10 group. After Lesnar, Orton, Rollins and Cena you could argue Sheamus above anyone else on the roster and even Rollins is a stretch. Although Rollins has been pushed harder these days I wouldn't consider him better.

Sheamus' first heel run was awesome. His Face turn was very good and his title win at WM 29 was great, but it seemed to kill his momentum shortly thereafter. DB's career took off after an 18 second loss and Sheamus just wasn't entertaining anymore. Injuries have hurt him the past couple of years. I was happy to see him return after WM, but this new-look stinks. Sheamus Face run definitely was getting stale. His feud with Dolph Ziggler was good and so was his performance in the IC title Elimination Chamber. Sheamus is doing his job making everyone hate him, but it's gotten to the point that NO one wants to see him successfully cash-in his briefcase. Rollins just continues to get better and I'm more interested in seeing him become the 1st EVER US WWE WHC than Sheamus cashing-in his MITB briefcase. Maybe he needs some new moves to add to his repertoire? I don't see Sheamus as WWE WHC material right now and Randy Orton is just so much better than him in EVERY WAY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back