• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where are the Country fans?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
So like, this seems like me putting my head out for a guillotine and losing any credibility from people on Wrestlezone, but hey it's just the internet :). Anyway, I've dabbled in and out of this music section and I've seen topics range from all sorts of genres. From Dubstep to Heavy Metal, and I do believe that at one point even Opera had its own topic.

And now I've got to ask...

Where are the country music fans? The people who will proudly play their Collin Raye, Miranda Lambert, Dixie Chicks, and Garth Brooks with pride... where are the people that can't get enough of what truly is great music? And for those people, which artists do you like the most? Also, what do you love MOST about the genre?

Now I'm not extremely huge on country, but like any other genre, I have my favorite artists from it. People like Collin Raye, Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies (yes, I know Miranda's in there too), and even some old Johnny Cash. I know, to true Country fans that my list seems generic but cut me some slack, I get what all I can find really.

As for what I like most, I would have to say that it's the country stars who sing songs that speak to me that get me. Like for example, "If you get there before I do" by Collin Raye is one of my favorite songs of all time thanks to my grandmother. She played it nearly every Sunday morning before church, and when she passed away, it was the last song they played at her funeral... so to me, the song holds a special place in my heart. And from there, there are artists like Miranda Lambert with "The House that Built me" and even Tim McGraw's over played but still nice "Don't take the girl". Both of those songs are some that I can relate to in a sense.

So yeah as I said before...

Which artists do you like the most?
Also, what do you love MOST about country music?

Firstly, I won't judge you for the type of music you listen to :) . I get crap from my friends too as I will explain in a few paragraphs.

Secondly, is it just me, or are country artists (especially the women) so darn attractive? Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, The McClymonts (famous here in Australia) etc etc. Every time I switch over to the country music channel on my TV, what strikes me is how good looking the artists are.

Thirdly, I'm not sure if you'd deem Shania Twain and Taylor Swift pure country - I think they're more country-pop - but I'm definitely not shy to crank them in my car :D (this is where the flack from mates comes in lol).

What I like most about country music kinda goes back to the video clips. The people singing and dancing just seem to be having such a good time. Some of the lyrics and tunes are catchy too. Definitely something to kick back and chill to. I'm sick of listening to music with beats; ****s like Katy Perry and Ke$ha singing about getting drunk and how easy they are; and I can only tolerate so much heavy metal.

So yeah, kinda summed everything in that post I guess :)

While I am not a huge fan of country music as a whole, there is a lot of country music that I surprisingly really like. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain, even some older stuff like Alabama and Randy Travis on occasion. I like it in relatively small doses as an alternative to the rest of the stuff that I like.

I have become a big fan of Taylor Swift. Saw her in concert this past summer, and my daughter has all of her CD's. I really like all of her music, in fact I really cannot think of one song of hers that I dislike. She put off a really good show, very talented and personable.

While I am not a huge fan of country music as a whole, there is a lot of country music that I surprisingly really like. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain, even some older stuff like Alabama and Randy Travis on occasion. I like it in relatively small doses as an alternative to the rest of the stuff that I like.

I have become a big fan of Taylor Swift. Saw her in concert this past summer, and my daughter has all of her CD's. I really like all of her music, in fact I really cannot think of one song of hers that I dislike. She put off a really good show, very talented and personable.

I'm thinking about going to Taylors concert in March next year, though I'd probably be the only 23 year old male there :p

All country musicians do seem personable and humble. I never hear one bad report of a country star going AWOL or anything. They just play their music for their fans and have a good time. Kudos to them. No drama, just music :)

I've got nothing against country music. Infact, I love it. Don't exactly have a favourite type of music - I like bits an pieces of everything. I also noted that almost everyone here in the Forum's into Rock and Country music's enjoyed by only a few people. Taylor Swift's my favourite singer, I love all of her songs. And I do get comments like 'She only writes songs about boys' or 'She can't even sing.' But that's their opinion. What makes me a huge fan of hers is that her songs are so heart-felt, and there's atleast ONE song of hers that every girl in this world can relate to. Country songs have this whole nice feeling to them. Atleast I find it so. The lyrics are so laid-back and natural. Other artists I like are Jewel, Colbie Caillat and Shannon Noll. Seeing this thread made me want to check out more songs by the Artists mentioned in the posts above, since I never really went deep into it. The music videos, the music, the lyrics. I love this genre. :)

I'm surprised you listed Shannon Noll Lilac. Didn't know he sang country songs.....

I knew he came from the country though, does that count? Lol.

Wait, what's wrong with liking country music? Most songs still have a point, you can understand what they are saying and it used to have some originality to the music. Which automatically makes it better than most rock, hip-hop and pop music these days.

As I've gotten older, I've enjoyed country music more and more, though I wouldn't say I like it as a genre as much as I would say I like a lot music in the genre. Some of my favorite songs ever are country music. I'm a big fan of "Just for the Love of It" by Charley Pride, "Friends in Low Places" and "If Tomorrow Never Comes" by Garth Brooks, "Something to Be Proud Of" by Montgomery Gentry, "Eight Second Ride" by Jake Owen, and "The Chair" by George Strait.

I don't really listen to music on the radio much anymore, as I'll buy the few CDs I'm interested in, and otherwise listen to sports radio. But when I do crank up the iPod in the car, more often than not these days, I'm listening to some country music.

And I still don't see what's wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with country music.Me i listen to everything from country to rap.I like to listen to the legends from johnny cash and hank williams jr.When it comes to the newer country i like the newer stuff that has a little rock sound to it like brantley gilbert,jake owen and stuff like that.

Wait, what's wrong with liking country music?

Coming from someone who lives in an area where Country music is generally hated, I can honestly say that I have never been given a good explanation as to why a country hater is so against the genre. The only reasons I have gotten are statements like "It sucks" or "It's boring", basically if you listen to anything other than Hip Hop you are condemned. But I learned in high school to ignore those idiots and when they blast their music when the pull up next to me I give them a smile and crank up my Country :blush:.

I am a lifetime Country fan for many reasons, aside from loving the sound I really love the sort of bond between Country fans and the artists. The genre is unlike any other, with Rock or Hip Hop if you're at a concert you're just a group of people who like the same music and that's all you have in common. When you go to a Country concert you really feel like a family, everyone is freindly to eachother like they've known eachother for years(minus the drunken brawlers :p) and it's really a great experience. I'm a fan of a lot of genres but Country seems to have a special kind of bond that you don't have with any other, because it goes with a lifestyle that is shared by most of the fans.

The most important thing about Country to me would have to be the lyrics, Country songs tell stories and that makes them even more fun to listen to as you can feel more compassion for the artist or possibly relate to them and their story. I do like some current artists but I am more of a 90's Country man myself, my favorites include Montgomery Gentry,Reba McEntire,Toby Keith,Tracy Lawrence,Trace Adkins,George Strait,Alan Jackson,Colin Raye,Martina McBride,Garth Brooks,John Michael Montgomery and many more. Country music is centered around good morals, good music and family values, and that makes me proud to call myself a member of the Country community.

I'm pretty big into "alt-country" music. Whiskeytown, Lucero, Drive-By Truckers, Drag the River, etc. And you've got to respect the classics, like Johnny Cash, Graham Parsons, John Prine, Merle Haggard, and Hank Williams.

Where are all the real country fans? I love the old outlaw stuff like David Allen Coe, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Townes Van Zandt. I like most bluegrass. Then theres the young guys tryning to make country music relevant again like Hank III, Wayne Hancock, Bob Wayne, Scott H Biram, Those Poor Bastards, and the .357 String Band.

Country music is frowned on in these parts, unless your pensionable age (although Vince Gill and Shania Twain received pardons for some reason). I grew up with country, Charlie Pride, Jim Reeves and Don Williams. As the 80s moved into the 90s, snobbery in music arose - those that happily listened to the pop and AOR of the 80s now regarded that music as 'shite' and embraced indie, grunge. Me? I missed the Poisons and Def Leppards and cheesy pop, and found the idea of all these 'poor' middle class friends loving the angst of middle class groups laughable. The other big riser but equally elitist was rave which just completely baffled me. Every Sunday though, I would still be out for a drive listening to classic country. Then CMT appeared over this side of the pond and I started listening to Collin Raye, Vince Gill, Sawyer Brown, Blackhawk, Pam Tillis, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and many others. Just by accident I'd already discovered Garth Brooks and the Judds by this stage so I had some experience of 'new' country. These days I also enjoy artists like Sugarland, Hayseed Dixie and Taylor Swift but as CMT has long since vanished from these shores, I don't receive the same submission to keep up to date.

I love country because it's good honest music that regularly has a healthy dose of self teasing. It doesn't pigeonhole itself, you are just as likely to have your funnybone tickled as your heartstrings pulled. Detractors can love or hate this but country is the most diverse musical genre out there as are it's fans.

Which artists do you like the most?
Alan Jackson Hands down. I grew up on Alan jackson and his musch brings back some great childhood memories. His songs have everything i think makes a country song great. I can't really describe why I like his music as I think most country is 100% shit. A lot of it has to do with growing up on it but it's not all of it so I guess we can go with that.
Also, what do you love MOST about country music?
i don't really know. Like I said I hate most coutry but every once in a while I get a hankering for some good southern country so I listen to it

[YOUTUBE]Eo2OIUpWznY[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]JW5UEW2kYvc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]G9x0wbKHos0[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]RMDq-MnpbTo[/YOUTUBE]​

When i do get that desire to listen to some country these a 4 songs i have to listen to before I'm done other wise I'm just not satisfied.

Country Music has became my favorite genre over the last couple of years. Hank Williams Sr, Hank Williams III, Wayne Hancock, Honky Tonk Hustlas, Bob Wayne, David Allan Coe, Waylon and Shooter Jennings, Johnny Cash, Mearl Haggard among many others.

I truly hated Country music for a long time because of the garbage that Nashville has turned it into. All of these artist out now that truly have zero talent for singing/writing country music who are fed to the masses through an auto-tuner and a team of writers to write all of their songs for them because they have "the look" but not the talent to sing and write their own music.

This pretty much sums up today's pop country garbage.

[YOUTUBE]7nfuZLDsvmc[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: CDR
Which country artists do you like the most? Rascal Flatts, Love 'n Theft, Hunter Hayes, and Martina McBride. They're all so good!

What do you love MOST about country music? I can sing it very well. Selfish I know, but I sang American Honey for an Expo (held in Dallas) and I ended up getting 2nd runner up in singing. Not that I'm bragging!

I've been a country fan for a shorter time then I've been a wrestling fan so I still don't know squat about who the legends are but I love the music and love singing along to some Rascal Flatts or Trace Adkins.

Which country artists do you like the most? Rascal Flatts, Love 'n Theft, Hunter Hayes, and Martina McBride. They're all so good!

What do you love MOST about country music? I can sing it very well. Selfish I know, but I sang American Honey for an Expo (held in Dallas) and I ended up getting 2nd runner up in singing. Not that I'm bragging!

I've been a country fan for a shorter time then I've been a wrestling fan so I still don't know squat about who the legends are but I love the music and love singing along to some Rascal Flatts or Trace Adkins.

Matrina McBride, to me is one of the few singers that I like hearing when someone else plays her music. She's good, but not one that I'd listen to just for any reason.

There's nothing wrong with bragging or being happy with your accomplishments, singing is a talent and to place second in a Dallas Expo is an accomplishment worth telling. From the sounds, it seems like you could pursue a career if you so choose to, which is always a positive.

Nor is there anything wrong with being new to a genre or artists. That's how we grow as humans is to be introduced to things that we've never known before.

---

And with that, I'd like to sway everyone to a little suggestion on a "new" artist. I have the word new in quotations because from what I gathered, she's not new at all... but she is a very great singer.

[YOUTUBE]fqBNPTRMJMw[/YOUTUBE]

Her name is Ashley Monroe, a member of Pistol Annies, and I personally believe that this song is one of the best examples of the talent she possesses. I was introduced to her by an ex-girlfriend when I was talking to her on facebook and catching up. There's something about her voice that just makes me think of everything that makes me happy. I realize that she's got a few sad songs, but still her voice is just one of the most amazing things I've heard in the genre.

What's wrong with liking country? I have a lot of Johnny Cash CDs as well as Conway Twitty,Merle Haggard, ect. That's thing is I also listen to punk, metalcore,Mexican music so I have very differing tastes.Country today is actually being loved by a broader group of listeners which is great!

What's wrong with liking country? I have a lot of Johnny Cash CDs as well as Conway Twitty,Merle Haggard, ect. That's thing is I also listen to punk, metalcore,Mexican music so I have very differing tastes.Country today is actually being loved by a broader group of listeners which is great!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with country... there's just this weird thought in society's minds that make people believe that country music fans are wife beaters and stuff like that, or they think that it's not real music... Then again, when you hear that, it's usually from people who haven't really heard country or don't realize that they have heard country.

Speaking of which, this may be old news and all, but I actually finally stumbled upon some of Cowboy Troy's music. I've always known what he did, but I never heard his songs. However, after hearing "I Play Chicken with the Train" and a few others songs like "Hick Chick" and "If You Don't Wanna Love me" I can now say that his style of Country Rap is a very nice mix and can come over quite well with mainstream music if people would just give it a chance.

Here's his song, "I Play Chicken the the Train"

[YOUTUBE]NUPK9z59yUc[/YOUTUBE]

Cowboy Troy has some excellent pieces of music. I thoroughly enjoyed his work when he first got a bit mainstream back in my high school days. I love me some country music. Right now Blake Shelton is dominating my musical playlist. He has some excellent stuff out right now and he has been churning out hits for a handful of years. Other than him Trace Adkins is my go to artist. I can't recall Trace ever putting out a bad song. He hits the nail on the head with whatever point his song is trying to make. We had a country thread awhile back, but it died down as there was really only two or three active people that consistently posted in it. I'll do my best to post some stuff weekly as I don't venture into the music section often. So here is the song currently stuck in my cranium.

[youtube]nCf2PoTuh4Q&ob=av2e[/youtube]

Like I said Blake was dominating my music list. This is just a great song and anyone in a relationship feels this way about their significant other. Hell it doesn't even need to be a significant other, it can't be about any important in your life. The words really hit you when you feel that way about someone and this is the perfect song to express those feelings. Another hit from Blake, what's new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back