When Will Kane Retire?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This morning, for some reason, I found myself wondering where Kane was and why he'd been absent for so long. Then, about an hour or so ago, I see a report online talking about Kane and his potential future. The report states that Kane asked for time off to deal with nagging injuries, to continue plans regarding his run for mayor in Knox County, TN next year and to work on his insurance agency, simply named the Jacobs Agency. Kane's current deal is said to expire next year and it's a pretty sweet deal as the report states that he has a downside guarantee of $905,000 with first class travel and accommodations.

Kane turns 50 around the end of next month and while he's in phenomenal shape, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he retires from WWE whenever his current deal expires. If this report is accurate, then it sounds like he has a lot going on outside of pro wrestling that he's going to have to devote his attention to, especially if he's planning to run for public office.

Jack-Hammer is most likely correct, it would seem likely Kane retires at the end of his deal. I hope he actually has a retirement match, with even a run leading up to a final match at Mania.

I see Kane as a guy who will want to come and go as a legend, showing up for the odd chokeslam or comedy spot over the years. A career threatening match tends to make those a little less doable (unless you're Ric Flair - the definition of doable is debatable).

Kane lying down after a program with Strowman or another future monster would be a great way to go out. He loses the bout, sits up straight after the winner celebrates and vacates. He does the fire spot, walks up the ramp and takes off the mask. It would be a feel good moment.

I'm sure some haters may come on a thread like this and decry Corporate Kane (stooge Kane), whine about his overabundance of heel turns as well as his other misuses (see Vick, Katie) but Kane is a straight up legend.

Here's a guy that stayed loyal to his company, did everything they asked, and rumour has it turned down world titles. That's a good dude. His work from 1997 until 2002 will always be his best. Team Hell No was also a great run.

Kane's last match should be at WM against the Undertaker. Undertaker last match should be at WM against Kane.

Yes most will say....kane doesnt deserve that honor. Fuck yes he does. And it will be a fucking honor for taker too.

Best way to end the 2 characters.

I think he deffinently deserves one last main event run if he is retiring rather than just quietly disapearing

I don't think he has much left in the tank, he has been the ultimate professional though, consider the Isaac Yankem gimmick and what else was thrown his way he stuck it out and became the monster that is Kane and has won just about everything there is to win in WWE.

The ideal scenario for me would be for The Undertaker & Kane to retire in and around the same time ending The Brothers of Destruction and letting them say goodbye in their own way.

Kane's last match should be at WM against the Undertaker. Undertaker last match should be at WM against Kane.

Yes most will say....kane doesnt deserve that honor. Fuck yes he does. And it will be a fucking honor for taker too.

Best way to end the 2 characters.

I agree. And do it in a way that is fitting for both men's total legacies. Go back to the Attitude roots for this one. I want to see Kane's old full-mask, one-arm getup. I want the story to last for 6-8 months (not every week, of course, just let it build for awhile to the grudge match of all grudge matches).

Then, once there, have a knock-down, drag-out, old-fashioned slobberknocker. Hell, put them in the Cell if you want to.

Then, when it's over, the place fills with smoke or fire or whatever and they are gone, leaving nothing but a raucous standing ovation for both men, their characters, and their careers. The next night on RAW, have a ten-gong salute to The Undertaker and his Demon brother, Kane.

I agree. And do it in a way that is fitting for both men's total legacies. Go back to the Attitude roots for this one. I want to see Kane's old full-mask, one-arm getup. I want the story to last for 6-8 months (not every week, of course, just let it build for awhile to the grudge match of all grudge matches).

Then, once there, have a knock-down, drag-out, old-fashioned slobberknocker. Hell, put them in the Cell if you want to.

Then, when it's over, the place fills with smoke or fire or whatever and they are gone, leaving nothing but a raucous standing ovation for both men, their characters, and their careers. The next night on RAW, have a ten-gong salute to The Undertaker and his Demon brother, Kane.

Dude, TRUST ME, I'd love that idea. I really would. I just doubt Undertaker can take that kind of physicality in the ring anymore. Especially with a Cell stipulation, there will be some spots that the fans will be wanting to see during the match, and I really don't want to see Undertaker ending up in a wheelchair.

The Kane idea, I agree with. He'd have to transform back to his prime shape however, putting on the same kind of muscle he had back then (which is damn near impossible, but hey, a fan can hope), and only then will the old attire fit him.

I really don't want Kane going out remembered as his last years being a corporate lackey that was thrown around and beat up by every Tom, Dick, and Harry. He's given us some memorable moments over the years and is really had a fantastic gimmick that he was able to carry successfully.

I see Big Show having one solid run before he retires in 2018 (I doubt he'll have any title runs, but probably good match-ups and rivalries), and I expect the same for Kane. I'd love to see Kane with an IC run and rivalry with Baron Corbin and Luke Harper on SDL.

Lastly, I agree with Kane and Undertaker ending their careers against one another as a fitting end. Although it shouldn't be Wrestlemania; in my opinion, it should be Survivor Series in a Last Man Standing match.

When will Kane retire? If we're lucky, very soon.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kane has been a solid hand for the WWE for a long time. His character is always good in a pinch and he's a great stopgap measure when it's needed. And certainly no one can underestimate his importance in getting Daniel Bryan over.

But he's never been great in the ring and as he's aged, he's only gotten worse. He's never had much charisma on the mic and while it has gotten better with experience, he's not someone who is going to entertain you for 15 minutes with a microphone. He seems like he's been a good, solid hand and a good, solid person, so it's time for him to ride off into the sunset and enjoy his retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back