• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the last time you were excited about a Wrestlemania show/match?

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
It seems like there is no effort put in in the WM cards in the past years. I seriously can't remember the last time that I was dying for WM to come just so I can see one match on the card.

-See Elimination Chamber. We had the Shield vs the Wyatts which was a match that I wanted to see so much and everyone else pretty much. The anticipation was there, you knew the match would be awesome, the build up was amazing, the outcome was still blurry and it was fresh and exciting.

-MitB 2011: Punk vs Cena. I don't think I need to say anything here.

BUT, on the stage of WM, I seriously don't remember the last time I was dying to see a match like the two mentioned above. Sure, I guess that HHH vs Taker II was kind of more unpredictable, but it still didn't cut it for me. I believe that the last time I wanted to see a match so much was HBK vs Taker I. Barring Undertaker's matches, I seriously can't remember anything major.

The last time I waited eagerly and anxiously for a Wrestlemania match was Undertaker vs Batista for the WHC at WM 23. Obviously, I remembered the smackdown segment between Vince Mcmahon and Undertaker before Survivor Series '03 where Vince said, "As long as I'm alive, you'll never be WWE champion again" and I took that as gospel and he never won it no matter how many times he tried. Also, because of him winning the Rumble, and the streak, and the title being WHC but not the WWE championship, I was like "Could it be? How will Taker look with the big gold belt? " . I still remember the thrill of anticipation and excitement weeks before WM 23. I could say I was also this excited for WM 25 and 26, again for 'Taker's streak matches but it's been downhill ever since.

Now usually WM feels like just another ppv, and I don't really look forward in eager anticipation to any match or result of any ppv quite frankly. I don't even feel thrilled while checking normal WWE PPV results on Wrestlezone.

Taker v HBK at WM26 purely because the first match was the best I've ever seen, so was excited to see them go again. Same goes for Taker/HHH in the Cell.

Aside from that, you prob have to go back to 2001/02 for Austin v Rock, and a Rock v Hogan for that real excitement

Wrestlemania 28 for me. Punk/ Jericho was destined to be a good wrestling match. Taker/ HHH always delivered and Rock/ Cena felt like a special match with the long build up.

I have been excited about every single mania last year gor punk taker before that for rock cena and hhh taker this time for cena wyatt and i am really excited to see how the show closes.
Id be lying if i said that there hs been even a single mania that i havnt been excited about....
I am sure every year everybody is excited about some or the other thing.
What they did with paul bearers ashes and punk was truly gold punk looked so demented doing that it instantly told me this was gonna be a classic.

Depends on how you look at it... I'm excited for this year's WrestleMania like I am for all of them, but I definitely won't buy it and probably not watch it. The last one I was really excited to watch was WMXX, but I can barely remember anything about that event. I remember Goldberg/Lesnar was so awful that it confused me after watching it. Like, "what the hell was that about?"

I wouldn't miss Raw on Monday, though. Good and free, mm-mmm!!

wrestlemania 28 with Punk vs Jericho which was great and at WM 27 the match between Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio which I was really pumped up for {I am a fan of Rhodes} but out of those Taker/HBK at mania 26 is the only one i can truelly remember.

No matter how bad the card is, I always find myself so excited for WrestleMania, and this year is no different. I think it all begins when the first pictures surface of the stadium set, it just sends me crazy! On that note, WrestleMania XXX looks awesome in the superdome.

Regarding the last WrestleMania event I was truly so excited for, I'd probably go for WrestleMania XXVIII. Let's face it, whether you hate him or not, John Cena's match with the Rock got you excited and anticipating. I swear to God I've never been so giddy for a show when it comes on. On top of this match, my favourite superstar of all time Chris Jericho had returned and was facing CM Punk, another favourite, for the WWE Championship, so that made it extra special. While I wasn't as interested as some, I knew the Hell in a Cell match would be great, and it was. This may be odd, but I get really excited to see the stage set up. Sad I know, but I'm big on aesthetics and I was really excited to see the completed set. Wow, so sad.

Additionally I was quite excited for last years event purely because I was in New York City at the time, not for the event, but just to see the atmosphere in the week leading up to it was fantastic.

As for my most anticipated match, you could argue the last time was John Cena versus The Rock, but I do remember getting super hyped for Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 23 because I was somewhat convinced Batista would win. Batista was arguably The Undertaker's greatest threat up until that point, and they built the match as if The Undertaker was in serious trouble. At that point I never saw Taker as champion ever again, I think someone above remembered what Vince said to him around 2003 time, so I made the assumption he wouldn't win. Good times.

No matter how bad the card is, I always find myself so excited for WrestleMania, and this year is no different. I think it all begins when the first pictures surface of the stadium set, it just sends me crazy! On that note, WrestleMania XXX looks awesome in the superdome.

Exactly. WrestleMania is a celebration. Every moment is history. Everything will be remembered. How many things do we watch on TV, besides Super Bowls and Presidential Debates, that are history making from start to finish?

WrestleMania is more than a wrestling geek's paradise. Dreams come true, journeys are completed, and stars are made. It is something any person with long term goals can understand. For those that are dreamers and working towards something special, WrestleMania is a reminder that the promised land awaits.

To the tried and true fan, WrestleMania is Christmas Day. And now with the Hall of Fame being aired the night before, we have Christmas Eve! How can a fan not get pumped for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony? Wrestlers, Divas, and legends dress to the nines to celebrate the industry we love. As the past is honored, the stirring for WrestleMania surfaces. The legends gaze into yesteryear, hoping their successors honor their inheritance. The Showcase of the Immortals becomes the turf of honors.

WrestleMania is not about the card. It is about the stage and the moment. It is the most excitable event in the world.

It is the one night of the year where smarks should unashamedly mark.

Wrestlemania brings out the inner child in me, and I get excited for the grandest stage of them all pretty much every year. And this year is no different because despite what so many of the negative people complain about, I think this year is going to be an epic event. I think the card is solid. The Hall of Fame class is second to none. We already know of several appearances by returning superstars, which presents lots of interesting scenarios and interactions. And on top of this, we have potential debuts and the potential culmination of a well orchestrated work. Frankly, I cannot imagine any fan of professional wrestling, especially WWE fans specifically, not being psyched for tomorrow night's show. If you're not, it may be time to find some new interests as I don't think you will ever be pleased with what they can offer you.

Wrestlemania brings out the inner child in me, and I get excited for the grandest stage of them all pretty much every year. And this year is no different because despite what so many of the negative people complain about, I think this year is going to be an epic event. I think the card is solid. The Hall of Fame class is second to none. We already know of several appearances by returning superstars, which presents lots of interesting scenarios and interactions. And on top of this, we have potential debuts and the potential culmination of a well orchestrated work. Frankly, I cannot imagine any fan of professional wrestling, especially WWE fans specifically, not being psyched for tomorrow night's show. If you're not, it may be time to find some new interests as I don't think you will ever be pleased with what they can offer you.

Finding new interests is all well and good, but when one already has multiple interests, hobbies and passions overpowering and surrounding one, and when one's favourite childhood pastime and passion- the WWE-fails to deliver, what can they do? Pro-wrestling is pro-wrestling and developing an interest in Drama won't fulfill the appetite for pro-wrestling. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even remotely as excited for Wrestlemania XXX as I once used to be for dozens of Monday night raws, lets say, in the year 2004. Scarily, You're right though because Pro-wrestling will never offer the same happiness, not to me, because the '90s are gone and there will not in a long time be another Shawn Michaels, or Sting, or another WCW.

Finding new interests is all well and good, but when one already has multiple interests, hobbies and passions overpowering and surrounding one, and when one's favourite childhood pastime and passion- the WWE-fails to deliver, what can they do? Pro-wrestling is pro-wrestling and developing an interest in Drama won't fulfill the appetite for pro-wrestling. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even remotely as excited for Wrestlemania XXX as I once used to be for dozens of Monday night raws, lets say, in the year 2004. Scarily, You're right though because Pro-wrestling will never offer the same happiness, not to me, because the '90s are gone and there will not in a long time be another Shawn Michaels, or Sting, or another WCW.

Fortunately, the WWE Network has lots of content from the 1990s and many Raw Flashbacks to that era.

Fair enough, R-Man, but when you say that WWE "fails to deliver", what exactly do you mean? What would they have to do to increase your interest and satisfy your expectations, and to make this event exciting for you? For this year, we are seeing the continued elevation of relatively new talent, namely the Shield, Bray Wyatt, or the Uso's. We have a mechanism in place to potentially continue to elevate even more new talent by the existence of the Battle Royal.

If you are a fan of the current group, we have Cena in a big match, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and others, with more current guys interspersed through the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

Do you like returning superstars? The Undertaker. Brock Lesnar. Hulk Hogan. Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock. Potentially, RVD. Chris Jericho. Sting. CM Punk. Look, I'm not naive enough to think all of these guys are coming back. But we know some of them are in some capacity, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that others may too. Sounds pretty exciting to me.

Seeing Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold in the same ring together is pretty exciting for me, even in a non wrestling capacity in 2014. Even the thought of a Sting/Undertaker face off/stare down intrigues me. And how about some other scenarios that some of us know-it-all's haven't even thought of yet?

Plus, you yourself may not be a big fan of Daniel Bryan, but a hell a lot of guys are. The potential of a finale of Wrestlemania30 with Daniel Bryan standing in the middle of the ring, holding the two belts with the "yes" movement going ballistic may not appeal to you yourself, but you cannot appeal to everyone all the time, and it goes without saying that this finale would hold tremendous appeal with a huge percentage of the WWE Universe.

Let's face it, R-Man, it isn't the 90's anymore. I have no idea how old you are, but simple mathematics would tell me you are 15 years older than you were then. Times change, scenarios change, and maybe expectations should change too. Because if you watch the current product, longing for the 90's and a return of the Attitude Era, you're doomed to disappointment.

Fair enough, R-Man, but when you say that WWE "fails to deliver", what exactly do you mean? What would they have to do to increase your interest and satisfy your expectations, and to make this event exciting for you? For this year, we are seeing the continued elevation of relatively new talent, namely the Shield, Bray Wyatt, or the Uso's. We have a mechanism in place to potentially continue to elevate even more new talent by the existence of the Battle Royal.

If you are a fan of the current group, we have Cena in a big match, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and others, with more current guys interspersed through the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

Wrestlemania IMO should be a mix of tradition and innovation, spectacle and pure wrestling, and in the past, the WWE has always had the sort of talent to provide it. Wrestlemania 12 had Bret Hart passing the torch to Shawn Michaes, or Shawn Michaels attaining his boyhood dream depending on how you view it, WM 13 was Tradition vs Innovation, Old vs New as Bret Hart collided with Austin. However, in recent years, the WWE has failed to produced to do that and instead has been relying too much on stars of the past and part-timers which is well-documented. Again, Rock vs Cena might have been very huge for the first time, but there's a consensus that their second showdown was lacklustre right from the get go, and having the Rock dropping the WWE title hardly mattered. At WM26, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels told an amazing story, so did John Cena and Batista, and Chris Jericho and Edge. But did John Cena and The Miz tell a great story at WM27? How much did The Rock "guest hosting" really elevate WM 27 beyond attracting hollywood fans and casual fans into watching? I may have acquired this bias but ever since Shawn lost to Taker , his story with HHH has been the same old repetition with a new performer instead of Shawn. Then, he lost his hair and they added a HIAC stipulation with Shawn Michaels as the referee. But that was the third time they collided. Wrestlemania is largely known for exciting first-time encounters, but in recent years that trend has changed. From Bret -Shawn, Bret-Austin, Taker-Flair, Taker-Orton, Taker-Batista, Angle-Shawn, Cena-HHH, it's Rock vs Cena II, HHH vs Taker III.

I agree that the scenario this year is more towards revolution, innovation and a sweeping change but IMO, the card is lacklustre from the get go, at least for a 30th anniversary of a show. If I'd have to be excited about this event even with DB potentially thrown with Batista-Orton(a wrong move for this particular event, IMO), they would've had to do a lot many things differently, and many performers would've to have different role on the card. For instance, I don't see what could make you find a futile and pointless battle royal exciting- whether it's the memorial nature of it or because you like battle royals in general- wrestlers like Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Big E , Cesaro, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler should be at least participating in an under-card match IMO, and I won't even surmise they consider Damien Sandow to be a deserving candidate to be on the card. The Shield, if they have to repeat what they've already done in the past, should at least face a more deserving and formidable trio IMO, and certainly not washed-up has-beens like NAO with Kane who doesn't even dress, walk, or talk like Kane anymore. If not, then Dean Ambrose could've very well defended the US title, with Reigns and Rollins being a part of an exciting 4-teams collision. I do agree that it's always good to see new talent being given a chance to shine -like Bray Wyatt and The Shield will, but will Cesaro, Swagger, Sandow, Ziggler, Del Rio, Sheamus, Barrett, and almost half a dozen others? In the battle royal? Not so much.

Do you like returning superstars? The Undertaker. Brock Lesnar. Hulk Hogan. Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock. Potentially, RVD. Chris Jericho. Sting. CM Punk. Look, I'm not naive enough to think all of these guys are coming back. But we know some of them are in some capacity, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that others may too. Sounds pretty exciting to me.

Seeing Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold in the same ring together is pretty exciting for me, even in a non wrestling capacity in 2014. Even the thought of a Sting/Undertaker face off/stare down intrigues me. And how about some other scenarios that some of us know-it-all's haven't even thought of yet?
Out of those, only CM Punk, Chris Jericho, and RVD because those big-time stars who come back with big promises(The Rock) and their program absolutely fails(and on top, they ruin a potentially even greater CM Punk title reign, just because they decide they'll hold the title for a while) has caused me fear and disgust over the very name of Wrestlemania . Austin returning once in a while and stunning someone is not an issue but how many times have we already seen that? I'll say that Sting returning, just to come until the stage would really excite me. I 've grown pretty averse to the Undertaker now, though.

Plus, you yourself may not be a big fan of Daniel Bryan, but a hell a lot of guys are. The potential of a finale of Wrestlemania30 with Daniel Bryan standing in the middle of the ring, holding the two belts with the "yes" movement going ballistic may not appeal to you yourself, but you cannot appeal to everyone all the time, and it goes without saying that this finale would hold tremendous appeal with a huge percentage of the WWE Universe.

Let's face it, R-Man, it isn't the 90's anymore. I have no idea how old you are, but simple mathematics would tell me you are 15 years older than you were then. Times change, scenarios change, and maybe expectations should change too. Because if you watch the current product, longing for the 90's and a return of the Attitude Era, you're doomed to disappointment.

I like DB as a wrestler based on his match with Cesaro I saw from Throwback thursday. But to be candid, he is a terrible performer when it comes to non-wrestling and there're too many factors going into that- from the way he looks, his mannerisms, talking ability, to facial expressions and the Chant becoming a huge phenomenon and him/ his fans claiming how he deserves to be in the main-event of WM 30. IMO, there has never been anyone or anything more overrated in pro-wrestling, and even performers like Edge, Chris Jericho, or others who were better than DB could claim they want to main-event this and this WM. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of The Rock coming and saying he'll participate in a WWE title match, leave aside Batista, but at least Batista is creative, and amusing to watch in his Jerk gimmick, and not half as repetitive and boring as John Cena, DB, and The Rock. But if anyone deserves to claim he will main-event WM XXX or all be damned, it should only be someone of the magnitude of a Brock Lesnar(if he were a full-time wrestler), Kurt Angle(without a shadow of a doubt), Shawn Michaels, or Bret Hart. (All in their prime, that is). But such is fate, and I accept it but you're damn right that it'll be a big moment for all you DB fans if he wins the title and ends WM with those chants and all.

Fortunately, the WWE Network has lots of content from the 1990s and many Raw Flashbacks to that era.

I have actually begun watching WCW ppvs and for now have discovered lots of exciting wrestling which I'd never known. From cruiserweight title matches like Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko vs Ultimo Dragon, to tag teams like Harlem Heat, Road Warriors, Luger and Sting, and so on. The first half of the 2000s weren't that bad either, so that's that. There's nothing so amusing as watching those hilarious Kurt Angle segments from Raws from 2000, with Austin and Benoit thrown , or Mick Foley as the commisioner, and so on.

I always get excited for Wrestlemania. The only exception has ever been Wrestlemania 27. Even Wrestlemania 11 and 9 back when I was a kid excited me going into the show. In 27's case I knew going into it that it would suck and I cringed during a lot of the Raw's going into the show. That being said.... the last time I was excited for a Wrestlemania was last year. Cena's path of redemption going into the event was a big deal due to how bogus it was for The Rock to win at Wrestlemania 28. This time of the year is always exciting for me, with 2011 being the only bad year. The 30th edition of the biggest brand of them all shows a lot of potential and I'm excited for pretty much all of the matches on it. Some more than others obviously.

Last time I was excited about a WM show/match? this year, I'm excited for both Bray/Cena, & Taker/Brock, I'm also excited at the possibility of Bryan winning the WWEWHC. There's usually at least two or three matches on every WM card that I'm excited for

Taker Vs. HBK 1 was pretty damn good but I think I was more compelled to watch with match 2 because I think we all knew it was HBK's last match and I just wanted the story to play out.

The other match I was excited to see was the CM Punk Vs. Jericho because that story was just so good and personal and I was drawn into the story like none other story I'd previously seen. When it was WM day I just wanted to see Punk get his hands on Jericho and beat the crap out of him.

This year I'm very excited for Bray Wyatt vs Cena, the build up has been wonderful between Bray with his great promos and have actually been noticeably better in my opinion. It's just such a unique match up that it's bringing out a different side of Cena which I love to see, the match itself should be a hell of a ride as well.

Before this year though the last match I really looked forward to was Chris Jericho vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 28. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Jericho mark and having him come back and chase down Punk for the title, accusing Punk of pretending to be straight edge and that it was in his blood to be a drunk was gold. Even though creative flopped around in the months leading up to mania and went from having Chris win the rumble, to having him win the title in the chamber to then just having him challenge for the title at the show it was still a great feud and an excellent match to cap it off.

The last time i got excited by a WM Card is this year. I tell you,im like a kid in a candy store every year it comes on and Im fortunate to be alive to see it.. This card is solid top to bottom,returning legends,HOF on the network in its entirety.. Plus outside the Daniel bryan matches,Im looking forward to the Cena vs Bray match..

I think this is the darkhorse match of the night.. I truly think,this will be a match to be remembered. Bray is a good wrestler,and Cena has had his share of great matches.. The buildup has been fantastic,Bray getting into his head and for the first time,Cena is doubting himself.. "Follow the Buzzards"

These days, I get excited more for the post-WM RAW than WM itself. Politics seems to get in the way of the matches I'd like to see. I was more jazzed for Cena-Bryan at Summerslam and Wyatts-Shield than I am for anything on this card, with the possible exception of Bryan-HHH. If I seriously thought Brock had a hope in death valley of breaking the streak, then maybe Lesnar-Taker. But it'll be the feuds coming out of WM that'll be the ones to watch.

I believe that if you don't find at least 1 exciting match in a WM, you've lost your touch in wrestling. I can name at least 1 match that I was excited to see at WM since I started watching them, with WM15 being the 1st one. On that card I was excited to see Undertaker in the Cell

As for this year's WM, I'm really excited to see Daniel Bryan's path unfold. I really don't care about the rest of the card, I just want to witness Bryan's big success.

10 years ago - the Benoit match. To me, that was a big deal. Since then there have been matches that I have found interesting but that I questioned what they were gaining by doing them - Rock/Cena for example.

I'm not going to lie. Every year I get excited about Wrestlemania whether it's one match on the card or the whole line up. It's like Christmas in the spring for me. This year defiantly made up for last year in terms of build up. I want to watch pretty much every match on the card. I would maybe change up the diva's match and just have AJ vs Tamina in a lumberjill match then it would have been perfect, but still I'm stoked for tonight, tomorrow and Monday.

Last year, despite the lackluster build there was still like 3 matches I wanted to see and I was still happy with the entire show. The year before was no different as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back