• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When should Randy Orton return?

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
The title is pretty much the question. So an article came out on the main page of WZ stating that Randy is slated to return on Jan. 17th at a live event, which is fine. But when should Randy make his official TV return?

Here is the article
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/540987-update-on-randy-orton-wwe-return

Should he return on TV the week before the Rumble to boost TV ratings?

Should he return in the Rumble match as a surprise entrant?

Should he return in the triple threat title match to screw over rollins?

My feeling is he should return in the triple threat match to screw over rollins as he tries to cash in the briefcase after the match. Maybe Brock retains the title and then rollins hits him with the curb stomp again and tries cashing in then Randy returns and hits him with an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE! then Orton enters the Rumble match as a surprise entrant and Rollins runs in to eliminate Orton, thus continuing the feud.

It is interesting now as to when Orton and Bryan will make their returns.

I'd say given how things are shaping up...Daniel Bryan makes his return in the Royal Rumble match, whilst Randy Orton makes his return by interfering in the WWE WHC match, probably attacking Rollins.

Also, we might well see the likes of Ziggler and Ryback returning in the Rumble as well, perhaps, depending on what plans the WWE has for them.

Orton's not gonna be in the title picture, fans were damn near ready to lynch him for being in the title picture last year, so having him enter the Royal Rumble match won't really accomplish much.

I don't see Orton's return being a boost to TV ratings because Orton's never really been a huge draw. I'm not saying he doesn't draw, he obviously does or he wouldn't have been in the spot he's had, but fans are kind of burned out on the guy. I remember when Orton won the WHC from Christian back in early May 2011 and the ratings for SD! took a big hit. The show was generally averaging right about 3 million viewers before Orton won the title and it averaged about 2.4 million after he won it. If WWE wants a ratings boost, I think it'll come in the coming weeks with Daniel Bryan. Bryan is scheduled for Raw & SD! tapings next week and there are reports that he might be returning to the ring before the Royal Rumble. He's advertised in some upcoming house show in St. Louis on January 17th facing Kane and house shows in New Mexico and Colorado the last weekend of this month facing Luke Harper.

So that leaves Orton somehow screwing Rollins over in the triple threat match and I think it's the way to go. Rollins did put Orton "on the shelf" after Curb Stomping him on the ring steps, Orton's pissed because Rollins became The Authority's new golden boy and on the night when Orton turned on Rollins & The Authority and was put out of action, Rollins pinned him clean in the center of the ring. So, it makes perfect sense for Orton to seek revenge on Rollins and there's no better way than by screwing him out of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Should he return in the triple threat title match to screw over rollins?

This is a great idea and possibly I could see this happening. Certainly this could be a good feud between Seth and Randy and they could extend it for two PPVs.

Well let it be Randy screwing up the match and on RAW backstage when Hunter decides to fire Randy, Seth should interfere and insists him to book a match against Randy as he would want to put out the flame that he created. This could give his character more depth and viciousness!

At the Royal Rumble to screw over Rollins.

It could have a similar effect to what Sting's debut did for the RAW after Survivor Series and social media.

#RKOuttaNoWhere is huge. Orton is missed. Rollins is arguably the most hated wrestler in the company, if Orton costs him from winning the championship, it could give huge momentum for the WWE going into Fast Lane and WrestleMania season.

When he's physically able to return.

He would have been back by now if he didn't have to go have the minor surgery for his nose.

They aren't delaying it on purpose.

He must enter the RR as surprise entrant or may interfere in main event to screw Rollins and book him against Rollins at Mania.

Clearly a return at RR or the RAW right before it makes the most sense.

Either he comes out at end of RAW to nail Rollins and announce he's in the rumble or he just returns that Sunday at Rumble...

If the return is at rumble I just don't know what capacity... the actual match or to interfere with Rollins in the title match since we all know Rollins isn't winning the belt...

I'm thinking he might as well wait 'til the Royal Rumble to come running down the aisle. Obviously, this would have worked better in the days before the Internet since casual wrestling fans back then probably wouldn't know he was scheduled to be back already, but an additional surgical procedure delayed it. Because of all the on-line coverage today, seeing Randy enter the Rumble wouldn't be a huge deal since he hasn't been gone that long.....and the fact we've been updated on his every move.

Still, things are what they are and if his return is to come within a week or two of one of the big PPVs of the year, they might as well shoot for that.

Randy probably will return at the Royal Rumble, but it will not be for the Rumble match it self. I do not think he should be in the Rumble, the Title is not in his future right now. Randy should interfere in the Title match to make sure Seth does not win, than they can start there feud. Seth would still have his Money in the bank briefcase to cash in at Wrestlemania 31.

My prediction is that the match unfolds where Lesnar gets the pin on Cena as Rollins is "down and out"... but Lesnar is badly hurting, too.... once he pins, Rollins then officially cashes in money in the bank... he slowly get sup to go for the curb stomp on Lesnar...

BAM... Orton comes out of nowhere for the RKO... puts Lesnar on Rollins for the win....

Lesnar retains, Rollins loses the briefcase... Orton sticks it to him and the Authority and begins feud with Rollins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back