• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When a DVD for a Wrestler Is Released, Does it Mean Something is Going To Change?

Miss Flawless

Why am I arguing with a computer?
This topic may seem a little silly, but the pattern has been happening for a while. I can't remember one time something hasn't changed when a wrestler's dvd is released. EDIT: *Sorry, other than Taker's dvd's. Except the recent one. I think he took time off for that dvd.

I'll use recent examples:

Shawn Michaels retired, so he got a dvd of his career.

Chris Jericho is taking some time off, so he gets a dvd highlighting his career so far.

I heard John Cena is getting a DVD? What does that mean? That he's taking time off? (Probably not) He's turning heel? I don't know about that either. I don't mean to make this another 'JOHN CENA IZZ TURNINGG HEELZ!!" or anything.

My question is: When a wrestler's dvd is released, does something always change?

I can understand where you're coming from, I've noticed it too. Like, when Batista got a DVD, he turned heel(Correct me if I'm wrong.). Although this could mean that Cena is turning heel, I doubt it, it's just a DVD. It's basically to just make some extra money. That's really it.

Well as you have noticed it appears that there has been a bit of a pattern recently. However maybe it is just a good marketing scheme as it would be the smartest time to do it as the wrestler will be known by everyone and you can relieve their greatest moments, while they are gone from the Ring.

If you remember correctly Stone Cold had a million dvds released while he was still wrestling. They just release them to make more money. If it will sell WWE will sell it. Same goes with DX they released them while it was still going strong. I could on and on like the Undertakers million dvds, but its just a dvd. Don't try to analyze something thats not there. I've got Chris Benoits dvd when he was in WWE. Does that mean WWE knew he was going to kill himself?

Nothing Changed for undertaker when his came out, even though he was out injured. in my opinion, Some times yes it does mean something is gonna change, other times they just know they can get money of from making a dvd for a certain star.

Meh they probably just released a DVD for Cena to get money but if WWE has realised the trend maybe they are just trying to force the fans to think of it like this. As in... a red herring... ¬.¬

I remember the DVD for batista coming out right after his heel turn but I guess that doesnt mean necessarily he was going to retire I'm not sure, it easily could have

At first glance I would say yes it definitely means something when a DVD is released but there are too many exceptions. John Morrison just had a DVD come out back in February and he is almost exactly the same as he was a year ago plus a beard lol. Also, Rey Mysterio has had two DVDs and he has never changed anything about him. Not to mention these DVDs take a while to make so I find it hard to believe that they plan something specifically for the release of a DVD. I also remember there being an Edge DVD not too long ago and nothing happening there either. And as a couple mentioned already, Undertaker has had a ton of DVDs.

I think more as something changes because of a DVD which is just to promote the DVD or planned timing. If they were going to release a DVD about Triple H then they wouldn't do it now after he's been off tv for months. They would wait until after he made his comeback and kicked Sheamus's ass.

Not necessarily. For example, John Morrison got a DVD released about himself, and nothings really changed for him.

I don't know, nothing has happened for Morrison since his dvd has been released. WWE could just be trying to make money because it's obvious that kids will have it and it will probably comeout just before Christmas so that even more people will get the dvd.

I think you're reading too much into this. I don't think the stuff happens because of the dvd. They don't just see a popular wrestler is injured so they through together a few matches together so it sells. It's just coincidental most of the time. there are times where they either delay or make it for a reason like HBK retiring but that's because they know that it will sell better holding off until the person retires then releasing it before hand.

But at the same time most wrestlers only have the time to do the interview for the dvds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back