• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whats with all the Glacier bashing??

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
I dont get it. seriously. I think its another case of people who think they are "smart" taking this shit way to seriously. I know as a child veiwing WCW, I ate glacier UP. He was entertaining in the ring, had a bitchin entrance, and looked cool. Yea no shit he was a mortal combat rip off. So the fuck what?? Its a show for young kids. And as a kid, I LOVED Glacier. CERTAINLEY wasnt the WORST gimmick EVER as is claimed in Eric Stein's newest article.

So, your opinions please folks....Was Glacier really THAT bad??

I was exactly the same way. Glacier was awesome. Show me one person ever with a flashier entrance. There isn't one. He was decent in the ring with his martial arts set and if I remember right he was a legit black belt. At the time I'd never even played Mortal Combat so i could care less about him being a ripoff. The problem was he was put in a feud with Kanyon and Adam Bomb that went on forever. That and the NWO angle made his debut get pushed back like 6 months. Even still, I loved him. With a tag line like Blood Runs Cold, what's not to love?

I dont really remember everything about him because to be honest the only thing I really remember from WCW at that time was the NWO angle, the cruiserweight division and Jericho. From what I remember though Glacier did have a pretty cool(pun intended) entrance. I remember all the video packages they used to use to hype him up before he debuted too. With how much publicity they were giving him you would have thought they were going to do more with him. I know he started off on a huge undefeated streak but I dont remember that ever going anywhere. I dont think he ever was even in the US title mix or even TV title mix for that matter. It was like all he did was feud with Wrath and Mortis and that was it and I believe he eventually ended up forming a little stable with them. From what I remember that was the extent of his time in WCW. Did he ever end up doing anything more than that, cause I dont remember? Either way it wasnt the greatest of gimmicks since it was a Sub Zero Mortal Kombat ripoff but it wasnt nearly the worst. He definitely shouldnt be bashed that much.

I to did like the guys but the fact of the matter is then when your own company start bashing you on national TV like what they did with Glacier, people will probably think that it's cool that bash Glacier and that's probably why Glacier get bash by the IWC. Because the only think people remember is TOny Schiavone saying '' Not this Crap again'' during a video package re-introducing Glacier to the world.

When Glacier debuted, I was upset at him being a MK rip-off, but I started to love the build-up they did for him, and his entrance was perfect for that era of wrestling. He had an amazing moves set, and even though he lacked personality, the character was perfect because it didn't call for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back