What's the deal with Jericho?

nbda1997

SFIV Sensei
So, what's the deal with Jericho? I haven't been watching regulary; did they even bother to explain in the storyline why he's suddenly a babyface and back to the Y2J gimmick? I know that he's been pretty vocal about putting Fozzy first professionally, so I was wondering if WWE has just been burning through the rest of his contract to put over mid-card heels.

Not that Ziggler doesn't deserve a push, but I thought that Jericho was a very effective heel and the half-hearted return to the Y2J gimmick seems really forced to me.

because dolph said he lost his touch thats why he reverted back to old self

anyway doesnt matter because he is fired by that crazy girl

because dolph said he lost his touch thats why he reverted back to old self

anyway doesnt matter because he is fired by that crazy girl

Thanks! I must have been posting this question while his match was going on. I got through the first hour of RAW before my TV froze up (don't ask).

I guess maybe he asked to be turned face for the end of his run in order to help promote the Fozzy tour.

Btw - I agree. "Loser leaves town" angles are dumb if there's no build-up.

He should have turned face much earlier. He was more interesting as a face.

Anyway, now Jericho will tweet about how he is never returning and will be back (for probably his last run) in about two years.

I wonder why WWE allows Jericho to use them as a revolving door? It's got to be a pain to keep writing him out and then back into storylines. He does draw, but not at the level of Rock, Cena, etc.

He was supposed to leave in May (supposedly) but because Fozzy's album release date was pushed back to coincide with the Uproar Music festival, he signed a three month contract to stay on. This entire run was truly about him giving back to the business, whether you like Chris or not, you got to respect him. In his book he wrote about how the veterans in WCW would always be clinging to their spots, so young guys rarely got put over, but he came back, put over Punk, Sheamus and Ziggler.

May not be as prominent as he used to be on the roster, but dude is still an asset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back