Whats next for MVP???

GenMe

GenMe
As will all know MVP is or was in the US Title contender picture,MVP got a shot at the Champion the Miz at the Royal Rumble,And he actually end up losing that night.We all thought well atleast me i thought that he was going to get a rematch during this last 2 weeks but he hasnt yet.

As for the US champion the Miz,He Is now one half of the unified tag team championships.And now the Miz might be only focus in the tag team divison for a while.

So what im really trying to say is,Do you think MVP will get another US title shot during this next few weeks?

Or will he reunite with Mark Henry and instead of chasing the US title,Now he will go after the Unified tag team titles?

Or will WWE just bury MVP all over again?

Tell me what you think!!!!!!!! Thanks hope to Hear from most of the wrestlezone members and guest

The WWE are trying to turn MVP into there homegrown Booker T. With MVP's past prison record (Which is always brought up now adays?), as well as him being african-american. MVP will be world champion on either brand in the future...but atlease not this year.

I think MVP will be drafted back to Smackdown as it is the brand where he has the most success. And win the WWE IC championship to give him a new look with a mid-card title. And then after that, maybe a world title shot will be in for play for MVP?

But to follow the thread, we will have to see in due time. It this rate as far as the african-american wrestlers are concern. R-Truth may surpast MVP. (not trying to play the race card here) That's how I see it.

If they are committed to having Miz in the Tag division I think MVP should get the US Title in the next few weeks.

He has become edgier in his promos with Miz and I'm really starting to like his character again.

If he doesn't get the US Title then he should at least get a push towards the main event. Not saying he should win it, just be in the picture. Even that would be a step forward from babysitting Mark Henry.

If they are committed to having Miz in the Tag division I think MVP should get the US Title in the next few weeks.

MVP shouldn't win the US title any time soon, in fact he shouldn't win it again at all. In my opinion, MVP is a bona fide contender for the main event, and simply due to his size and (occasionally) less than believable gimmick, he has been kept in the mid-card for the entirety of his tenure in WWE.

However, if the E were to bring him into the main event then first of all: they need to turn him heel. His recent promos against the Miz have been extremely enjoyable to watch, but like several mid-carders who are faces right now, he works so much better as a heel. Other examples are John Morrison and Chris Masters. Once he became face it was like all his personality was sucked out of him. If he was to go back to his old "bling bling", cocky, cowardly persona then there would be a seat with his name on up in the main event.

Time is, of course, running out for MVP. He turns 37 this year and he isn't Shawn Michaels or the Undertaker. He needs to hurry up and move into main event status or forever be doomed in the mid-card... or worse still, go to TNA.

Redrafting MVP to Smackdown is a good idea at this point. I think he is on his way down yet again and a change of scenery could be just what the doctor ordered. I can see him going either way in continuing his feud w/ the Miz in either tag or U.S. title matches. Of course he can also drop the feud altogether and perhaps win MITB as the launching point of a new push (of course I'm really hoping that this is Christian's year). I don't see him winning MITB, but w/ Morrison hurt it's gotta be Christian, Kingston or MVP.

I think MVP and Swagger could do some good business over the US title. The ME scene has a direction for the time being and give these guys like 6 months with the mid card title could elevate both. I think MVP needs a gimmick alteration. The highest paid free agent thing is so thin I'm lookin through it. I'm tired of the power ranger suits. Change it the fuck up.
The Miz doesn't need to be spread thin with both titles. Do the tag thing then start singles again. Worked right all three guys elevate and help the show as a whole.

MVP shouldn't win the US title any time soon, in fact he shouldn't win it again at all. In my opinion, MVP is a bona fide contender for the main event, and simply due to his size and (occasionally) less than believable gimmick, he has been kept in the mid-card for the entirety of his tenure in WWE.

I only say he should win the US Title because it would be hard to take him serious as a contender for the WWE Title if he can't beat Miz for the US Title.

Don't give him a long run with the title, but at least prove that he can win the mid card title before moving up. Taking it from the majority of the fans perspective why should a guy who lost to Miz get a shot at the main event.

It just isn't logical at this point, which a lot of people are complaining about these days. Give him a run, 2 or 3 ppv's at the most and then put him in the WWE Title scene.

I think MVP needs to do it now or he never will. In the sense that I think they need to get a win of some sort, officially or not over Miz and push himself to the main event level. Miz is hot right now, a loss wouldn't bury him by any means.

MVP is getting older and he's a bigger guy, he looks like a main eventer. He needs a push and they need to be fully behind it. Nonetheless, he should turn heel change up his look in a sense, but keep the MVP character. It's a nice trait for him, works well.

He needs to get over in the mid card and he could easily cost someone the World title at a PPV, have it worked in that they have a grudge and feud with whoever it is. If he got over, he can then lay claim to the fact that he gets the return match that was gonna be between the champion and the guy he got over on, because he took out the contender. If he wins the title, then he has two guys to feud with. The ex champion and the guy he took out. He was good as a bad guy and he could pull it off. They just need to set it into play ASAP.

First off, I didn't know he was 37. That's much older than I thought. I would agree with others that he's better as a heel. He was really good as the overpaid athlete when he debuted. That really hits a nerve with people. I think he should go back to some variation of that, and you could incorporate the prison background into this. But, I don't think he will make a heel turn, so I would suggest moving him to Smackdown and letting him go for the IC title. McIntyre needs a new rival, he can't keep feuding with Morrison forever, especially if Morrison turns heel.

like some people already said he should turn heel and go back to smackdown where he truly shined. He should go back to being the man that is better than you (sound alot like CM Punk) he should go back to being half man half amazing. I thought they were going to push him a long time ago when he had to defend his title against batista if anybody remembers that match let me know but the guy beat batista and I relly thought he was getting pushed, but that doesn't seem like the case does it. But any way have him win the U.S. title to the miz lose it to the miz or someone else turn him heel but him have him win MITB give him the world title and that's should just do it for him.

Seriously WWE needs to start being more real in their story lines. How would you feel if you was on the loosing end of a good US tittle mach, and If the guy you faced in that mach cost you the RR on that same night by attacking you from behind . Honestly I would rip him apart the next time he step foot in the ring. And thats what the writers should have had M,V.P do to Miz. He should have came down and ripped Miz apart in his undisputed tag tittle mach. Or attacked him after it. If writers had M.V.P do this the people would of loved it. And M.V.P would be taken more seriously. Most likely the writers will pare him up with Henry. The two of them will go after the tittles. Making for the same old predictable WWE t.v. I hope it is not over between Miz and M.V.P. I thought it was just all getting started.

M.V.P proved to us with his war of words with the Miz that he can work a mic. And he has proved to us in his matches against Hardy,and Benoit that he can wrestle. The guy has what it takes to be a top superstar. Sometimes I think some of these guys are held back because of the fears of the older superstars. Well time is not on their side and one day they will have to move over.

Good thread topic GM. Lets take a look at whats happened since MVP has come to Raw via the draft.

He brought the US championship with him, and on his first night, he called out WWE CHAMPION Randy Orton. The pop for this was MASSIVE. This lead to a non-title match for MVP, which was damn good. MVP pushed Orton to the limit, and........Shane O MAc interfered by caning Orton. MVP never interacted with Orton again.

He dropped the belt a month later to Kofi Kingston in a great match. However, his subsequent rematches were fatal four ways and six pack challenges.

He had a mini feud with Jack Swagger, over who was "better". Each picked up a couple of victories over the other, and the feud was randomly dropped.

He was randomly paired with Mark Henry, and they briefly feuded with JeriSow for the tag titles, but lost two title matches. They worked a few mixed tag matches, one with Trish Stratus, but the tag team faded away.

He began to feud with The Miz, which has been his best feud since Matt Hardy. Both he and Miz cut amazing promos 3 weeks ago on Raw, and brawled all over the arena. The two continued to feud, as MVP was the no 1 contender, but no title match was announced.

An impromptu match was announced at the Rumble between he and Miz for the US title. Miz beat him. MVP laid Miz out after the match, but Miz retaleated, clocking MVP out with the title belt as MVP was entering the Rumble. MVP came back and quickly eliminated Miz and himself. They brawled more.

MVP hasnt been seen on the last two Raws. Hell, he wasn't even in a qualifying match for the elimination chamber. Jack Swagger and Mark Henry were. Miz teamed with Big Show and became ShowMiz, winning the unified tag belts as MVP faded into the background.

Do you see where im going with this? EVERY feud MVP has been thrust into has been either 1. filler for the show or 2. Getting his opponent over and building more heat for him.

MVP is essentially enhancement talent right now. He makes you think more is coming, but thelve yet to pull the trigger, or come close. Hes the longest reigning US champ in SD history for goodness sakes. He doesn't belong in the US title picture, he belongs in the Elimination Chamber. He should be interacting with Sheamus. The guy can talk. Hes got a good gimmick. Hes pretty solid in the ring. While I dont think hes the "next big thing" at his age, he shouldnt be enhancement talent either.

A perfect thing for MVP, since they use his real life issues, is for him to turn heel again. Have him bring up the fact he wasnt in the qualifier for the EC. Have him attack Cena and HHH in the main event on Raw. Lay them both out. Give the guys a mic, and let him explain that hes pissed that hes not in the Chamber, or even had a shot, and that hes "better then" the guys in the chamber. Theres your heel turn. I think it would be perfect for him at this stage, and the only way to salvage any momentum he may still have.

I think a move to smackdown might be a good thing for him. Other than his feud with Jack Swagger, he hasnt really done a whole lot on Raw. Granted his feud with the Miz was starting to get entertaining, that seems to have seemingly been halted. I'd much rather see him moved and pushed as a singles star, possibly to main event world title status, than have him buried with Mark Henry.

I hope MVP gets to go back to SmackDown where he belongs and wins the IC title and then pursue the WHC. SmackDown is the brand he def did better on it would be better for him in the long run. He'll be world champion at some point down the road.

mvp is probably gonna either get a heel turn or he is prolly gonna go back to jobbing cuz really i dont see him becoming champion while he is face mvp+face= stale ass jobber he could get a run if he was heel because he is good on the stick as a heel

It all depends on the WWE's plans for him in the draft. If there's a chance of him going to Smackdown, chances are he won't win a title from now until the draft. However, if he's staying put then a US title run may be a good idea to put him back on the map. While he could get drafted as US champ, it would also depend on the IC title as that would presumably have to switch shows too. I'm going to assume McIntyre holds the title up to the draft and I think he and the belt should remain on Smackdown.

Anyway, back to MVP and I feel if he's ever going to reach the main event level, two things need to happen. One is he needs to regain credibility. It's scary to think how far backwards he has gone over the last year or so. A US title run could regain his credibility, especially if he gets mic time and defends it regularly. The second thing that needs to happen has already been said several times in this thread, and that is a heel turn. The man of three halves was the great entertaining MVP in comparison with the present MVP. He should remain face to win it from The Miz, and then turn heel during a face vs face feud, possibly against Bourne or Henry. Then he can start to become a top heel on RAW, just like he was on Smackdown two years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back