• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Next For JTG

akrassikauda

#Evil Empire
****If The Moderator Wants To Merge this Thread With A Previous One Go Ahead****

Last week and the week before threads were started on JTG Joining R-Truth and going heel. Well I just finished watching NXT Redemption and JTG's rookie Jacob Novac was eliminated. Right before the ending of the show Novac gave the same this is not the last time your going to see me speech and at the ramp JTG called the crowd a bunch of haters (sounds like Truth saying this is a C O N...) and he left with " You turn your backs on my rookie you turn your backs on me".

Yes or No, do you now think JTG will join R-Truuf being that they're both on RAW and form a new version of NOD with Novac or it's nothing he's still future endeavored.

I say yes he will join R-Truth expect JTG to get involved in the Rey vs Truth match at Over The Limit.

I can't see it happening.

R-Truth is the kind of guy who just fits with this push. He feels right in everything he's doing and the company seems to be putting their faith in him. JTG just doesn't seem like someone that creative would ever back for a push like this.

I don't mind this at all if he was to join R Truth. I have been saying for months that I would love to see R Truth, Mark Henry, JTG, Darren Young, Awesome Kong and Booker T get together as a new age version of the Nation of domination. You put Young and JTG as a team, Booker T in the role of what ric flair was in Evolution and then R truth and Mark Henry going after the titles on the respective brands. So if there was more then just this move in the cards then I love it. But if its just these two....no thanks. They would remind me of Scotty 2 hotty and brian christopher too much...

They would remind me of Scotty 2 hotty and brian christopher too much...

Except I'm pretty sure JTG and Truth wouldn't be the most homoerotic duo since Batman and Robin.

JTG and Truth could work as a good team, maybe throw in a repackaged (let's face it, the WSM thing is old) Mark Henry as muscle. That is, if WWE gave two shits about the Tag division. The New Nation idea wouldn't work now, because there would be no legitimate face faction to oppose them, (say the APPLE and I'm gonna freak.) Not to mention in PG WWE, any imagery of a violent gang of black men would be a no go.

I personally hope they do pair these two up, a heel turn has done wonders for Truth, so it sure as hell couldn't hurt JTG...

as long as he isn't pushed ahead of Long Island Iced Z.

What's next for JTG? Future endeavored.

Seriously, this guy doesn't have talent and his gig is stupid. You can't even understand a word he says. I really don't see a future for him in the WWE.

I say have Truth and JTG team up to form "True Crime", a team based on getting revenge for the "Crimes" committed against their careers and seeking the "Truth" as to why. Have them insult the crowd all the time and take over the tag division. This is how you put them together. Since Truth's rookie (Johnny Curtis) won season 4 of NXT, he gets a shot at the Tag Titles with his pro (R-Truth). Have Curtis approach Truth on RAW one night and say that even though he doesn't like what Truth has been doing lately, he still has a title shot with him and he plans on winning it. Truth reluctantly agrees and at the next PPV, Truth and Curtis face the Tag Champs for the Titles. As Curtis is making his entrance, Truth attacks him from behind and says that he isn't worthy of being Tag Champs with him so he went out and found a new Tag Team partner...Enter JTG!!! They win the titles and BAM! It's done.

If they push JTG over Zack Ryder I'll scream.

Agreed....

But a team of Truth and JTG isnt what Truth needs now. He is being puse=hed as an upper mid card on RAW so teaming him with JTG will be like pulling him down the ladder.

What id like to see is.. and bare with me.. as WWE wants to bring back the manager role, have JTG manage Truth then. Similar to the way the way Cade managed Jericho back in 08. Get him involved, saving and giving the unfair advantage.. and distractions etc.

Then later on when the upper mid card gets filled again have Truth and JTG team, let Truth give JTG the rub or push that will let him see tv time... granted it wont be a big push or a significant rub.. but hey.. JTG can only benfit at this point right?!?

If they push JTG over Zack Ryder I'll scream.

very much agreed, JTG's future pretty much ended once Cryme Tyme was split up b/c JTG sucks in the ring and on the mic and is always out of place. Shad was the one who could have made it on his own b/c of his marketable look, his gimmick, and his ring skills, but like always, WWE dropped the ball with him

There are plenty of stars that deserve a push and JTG is not on my list. The guys is below average in the ring and sucks on the mic. I would much rather see Ryder,Barretta,Masters, even Hawkins get pushed before JTG.

JTG? Who is that?

Seriously, I know who he is, but I forgot he was even with the company, and I doubt I'm alone.

I read through some posts and I don't see the sense in pairing him up with R Truth. Seriously, why? Because they are both african americans they should become a tag team? I just don't see the pairing...R truth actually has too much going for him right now with his new persona, putting him with JTG right now would do him no favors.

"If they push him over Zack Ryder, I'll scream"

Really? If they went with the idea of teaming up JTG and R-Truth that would be considered a push? WWE doesn't write for the lower card belts, so they wouldn't write for the tag division either. If they did pair them up at the most JTG would be puppy dogging Truth ala Alex Riley/Miz. It might mean more screen time, a sentence or two...but definitely not a push.

Ryder fans relax, he's benefitting from his 3 seconds a week bromance with Cena more than JTG could ever get winning the tag belts with R-Truth.

And question: Where was all the Zach Ryder love when he first debuted this gimmick? I don't recall it on the forums. I'll admit that he sold it to me on YouTube. But face it, no one cared about "Long Island Iced-Z" initially. It was when he took on the WWE "Machine" when he all of a sudden was loved. Not knocking anyone for it, just stating what I've observed.

in the illustrious words of The Rock, why IN THE BLUE HELL does R-Truth have to be mentioned in regards to JTG? They have never had a program or a match really so why this connection. Lemme guess you guys also think Kharma should tag team with Mark Henry? As far as JTG goes, who the hell cares tbh lol

in the illustrious words of The Rock, why IN THE BLUE HELL does R-Truth have to be mentioned in regards to JTG?

For me personally, I was just answering the thread. But there are still some "old school" wrestling tenants that still are percieved today. As a black man, I'm used to it, not even mad at it anymore, and laugh at it when facing them.

Here are some:

If you have 2 African Americans on the same side of the heel/face fence they MUST TEAM UP. If they are on opposite sides the must fight with the heel calling out the face for being "not black enough".

3 or more black people together in a ring equals a gang.

All Mexican wrestlers must do something with a pinata, mariachi band, or tequila before their career is over.

If you are Samoan, there is a good chance that a) You're related to Afa or Sika AND b) you've wrestled barefoot at least once.

Dominican, Cuban, and Puerto Rican wreslters become Mexicans when they sign with WWE. (Permanantly in effect since the 'Los Boriquas' experimint in the 90's)

Russians are still bad unless they're funny.

Arabs are still bad, but we just can't say why.....(I miss you Muhammad Hassan!)

A black man will NEVER be WWE Champion, I aint talking Rocky "Mulato" Maivaia, I'm talking dark damn near purple black. R-Truth in a haunted house black, just eyes and teeth. But you may hold the lesser World Title since WCW was okay with that sort of thing.

**These aren't my personal feeling's, just what I've observed**

If JTG gets any kind of push out of this I'll be shocked. However it would be nice to see him used in a heel role. Have him and Truth run into eachother backstage and see how it unfolds. Perhaps they can be a team or like everyone else has said, a new NOD. If not, let him go. He's had two stints with the WWE now and nothing to show for it. I know it's not ALL his fault, but he' had time. Plenty of it.

@bxbigshow- LOL man funny but true. I've made those same observations for over 20 years. Not upset at it I just deal with it.
This was not a give JTG a push thread. It was as the title states What's next for JTG from something myself and others have noticed with his character on NXT. You can tell if someone is going heel by character changes like HBK checking out chicks while Jannetty is getting his ass kicked and a new attitude.

It would not be a bad idea to look at. People want the WWE to be a little more edgy but when someone has an edgy idea or question the same people want to shit all over it without giving it any thought because that's what the IWC is good for. If something comes from this fine if not ok it's not like the WWE will sail or sink in either direction. So relax and enjoy the show

R-truth's push is leading to a tag team with JTG, so they can both be endeavored together.

JTG can't amount to anything without a complete character overhaul, in his present state, all he can play is a stereotype, and Truth to an extent too, if they go that way.
Stereotypes don't sell, they job unfortunately. So, JTG might be re-promoted back to his spot of enhancing the lower midcard.

What's next for JTG? Future endeavored.

Seriously, this guy doesn't have talent and his gig is stupid. You can't even understand a word he says. I really don't see a future for him in the WWE.

Well it's grand that you're not working for WWE's creative talents.

---

Honestly, I can see nothing else for WWE to do than to put JTG with R-Truth. Both of them need something big to get them over as heels, so why not have R-Truth and JTG finally break out the real "ghetto life" gimmicks. Have them come out during random matches and jumpin' people for no other reason. Who knows, they can even use this to get Michael Tarver back on TV. Tarver and JTG could be the Rhodes and DiBiase for R-Truth and he can grow his success by beating Kofi for the US title.

Idk, maybe I'm just actually seeing possibilities here.

As for the aforementioned "If they push JTG over Ryder, I'll scream" debacle... Watch Superstars, Ryder and Hawkins are doing JUST fine. And even if JTG does go ahead of Ryder, I would say it would more than likely due to the fact that, idk, JTG makes a lot more sense in this moment and time? Idk, that's just me.

Since he was drafted to Raw I've been expecting him to join R-Truth. They just both have the thug look and I think JTG would be a good heel. Probably better heel than face. Only time will tell.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that would help him get interest from the fans. I liked him when he was apart of Cryme Tyme, but since then he has faded more and more into obscurity. I can't say he deserves to be future endeavored, but I just don't see him doing anything of relevance.

I'll be surprised if JTG gets a big push out of this. I didn't watch NXT but if he has indeed turned heel when his rookie got eliminated, it would be interesting to see Truth and JTG form a sort of "thug" tag team and putting over that both of them are being overlooked and not being given their opportunities. However on the other hand, I think Truth is doing very well by himself and doesn't need to have his current push slowed down by being thrown into the lackluster tag team division with JTG. And honestly, I don't think casual fans who haven't been watching NXT online would even know that JTG even turned heel. I do think that while JTG was the more talented half of Cryme Tyme, he's not gonna really amount to anything more than talent enhancement for other superstars. But who knows? Maybe he'll surprise me. Maybe he'll get involved with Truth's current feud with Mysterio and set up Truth/JTG vs Mysterio/Morrison. Only time will tell I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back