What's Next for AJ Styles?

Virtually none of this makes sense. Triple H winning titles after titles? You're aware the entire roster is injured and Triple H hasn't held a title in almost 7 years right? This is a last last ditch effort to get Reigns over as a face right now. They have to do it. It makes the most sense right now given the state of the roster no matter how much you like it. They need to try to get Reigns over in some fashion but I think even I was surprised by the number of boos Reigns got last night. I'm not sure how you book Triple H to not have the fans boo Reigns. I honestly don't. You might have to turn Reigns heel in some way and build him back up organically. It was good for a few weeks when he beat Sheamus because people hate the belt on Sheamus way more than Reigns. He was the lesser of two evils at that point. The waters are muddy though right now for a Reigns face run as champ. As for Ambrose being a heel and winning the title... I'm sorry. But no. A heel Ambrose holding a title for two months headlining Mania? Not a chance. They were talking about Rollins "not having a top match on the card" prior to his injury. So if Rollins wasn't going to have a top match who had a solid heel run as champion cut short to injury, Ambrose sure as hell wouldn't. I don't believe that Rollins wasn't going to have a top match... but the blurb had to come from somewhere. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire... even just a little bit.

As for AJ... his appearance in the Rumble was perfect. Coming out early enough to not give the smarks any ammo to work with for an indication he might go the distance and win or be involved in the finish. There's not a single talent (other than a never will happen CM Punk return) that can come into the Rumble as a surprise entrant and win. None of them.

I would think it's pretty safe to say the Ambrose thing is over. Winning a Last Man Standing match usually puts an and to a feud. Especially at a major PPV. Ambrose needs that title right now to stay somewhat relevant. Because if he's not out there with Reigns feuding with Triple H or something, there isn't a lot for him to do. Owens on the other hand does not need a title on him.

But I think it's pretty obvious we're gearing up for a match between he and AJ. Owens wins at Fastlane over AJ. Promo is cut how Owens is the baddest guy on the roster. Nobody can stop him unless you sneak up on him like Ambrose had to so he won at the Rumble. Gong hits. There's your Mania match. Or something along those lines.

So you're using the injury excuse card? Roman wasn't injured, Dean wasn't injured, since that dip shit HHH is practically part time (and banging the bosses daughter) why not give it to Y2J than? He's part timer too, so let me get this straight, a heavyweight title on a heel Dean Ambrose for 2 months is bad, but HHH coming in at #30 and once again winning a title is good, a title that he is going to LOSE in 2 months at Wrestlemania as well. That isn't that much better, I don't see the so much hate in Cena and Reign, all the trolls that booed Reigns were the ones cheering for him not too long ago, the longer HHH doesn't have the title, the better, it just adds another shitty title reign to him. Why not give the heavyweight title to the league of nations to share, letting Alberto Del rio win it? The new day is awesome, why not let Xavier woods win it (he wasn't injured) and the idea of sharing the heavyweight title is new to the story line, Somoa Joe is credible, why not let him win it, Somoa Joe's reputation speaks for itself. Even Kevin Owens would have made a good heavyweight champion, I was hoping even Cody Rhodes needs his due on the title. Rollins had plenty of top matches as a heel champ, hell Bray would have made a awesome champ and let him go into Wrestlemania to face Brock for the title. You can never say not a single talent can come in and win the title in the Rumble, hell imagine if Jeff Hardy came back (even though he's injured, I am saying if he wasn't) the amazing pop AJ had when he came out, would have been awesome if he won the title.

I think it is pretty obvious that the WWE are going to give AJ a crack at Kevin Owens for the next little while. They had a massive pop when they finally came together in the Rumble Match and the WWE would be fools not to make the most of that. 2 IWC darlings coming together in a match that will electrify the crowd and give the more vocal parts of the aforementioned community something to satiate them.

The real question is where the feud will go. I would pay to see AJ versus Owens at WrestleMania this year but I actually think that this will be resolved by the time that Fastlane comes around. With the rest of the Bullet Club on their way to the WWE, the WWE might choose to utilise that in a bigger way at WrestleMania. And I don't see Owens being able to be a part of that.

Still, like I say, it has to be a match with Kevin Owens first and foremost. I would allow them to feud until Mania but I do think that the WWE will have bigger plans for both.

I was impressed with AJ tonight. The match with Jericho wasn't up to Styles tempo, but it was a solid match. KB brought up a good point in his review about them saving the Styles Clash for a big moment. Styles had a good showing in the Rumble followed up with a solid match with Jericho. Seems like they're investing in him as they should - hopefully they won't allow him to become disconnected. I can see a Jericho angle on the horizon.

I think it is pretty obvious that the WWE are going to give AJ a crack at Kevin Owens for the next little while. They had a massive pop when they finally came together in the Rumble Match and the WWE would be fools not to make the most of that. 2 IWC darlings coming together in a match that will electrify the crowd and give the more vocal parts of the aforementioned community something to satiate them.

The real question is where the feud will go. I would pay to see AJ versus Owens at WrestleMania this year but I actually think that this will be resolved by the time that Fastlane comes around. With the rest of the Bullet Club on their way to the WWE, the WWE might choose to utilise that in a bigger way at WrestleMania. And I don't see Owens being able to be a part of that.

Still, like I say, it has to be a match with Kevin Owens first and foremost. I would allow them to feud until Mania but I do think that the WWE will have bigger plans for both.

I really don't see how you got that impression at all. Just from a 10 second interaction at the Rumble? Cmon. There's not nearly enough evidence to suggest what you're thinking. Not in the slightest.

I really don't see how you got that impression at all. Just from a 10 second interaction at the Rumble? Cmon. There's not nearly enough evidence to suggest what you're thinking. Not in the slightest.

Actually, it is. The WWE know that AJ is white hot and they also knew that he would be that way in the rumble match. To me it reminds me of when Lesnar beat Taker at Mania. Lesnar was the only person who could handle going over Taker and the same goes for Owens. He is the only one at that level that is able to take the year against AJ if he goes ahead and beats him at Fastlane or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back