• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Superstar is most deserves to be a Triple Crown Champion?

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I myself really want to say Undertaker for this. I mean he is one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of not only WWE but of the business overall, yet the only title he needs is the Intercontinental and he really doesn't need the title, and I think he has cemented his place in history regardless of Triple Crown or not.

So, seeing how other potential canidates are either too young and not established (Kofi, John Morrison) or decent in the ring at best (Big Show, Batista), I would have to say it's a three-way tie between Goldust, William Regal, or Christain. All three are very good in the ring. Goldust is decent on the mic, wow Regal and Christain each have great skills on the microphone. All three are very deserving veterans, and I believe all three could draw as champion (and if I'm wrong just give them short-reigns).

Anyway thats me, what do you guys think.

Come to think about it alot of the main eventers have never been triple crown and that is because they shot up in the ranks from being low cards staright to main event and never got the chance to get a shot at the ic title. so people like taker show and batista arent going down to midcard just to become triple crown. so besides them i would have to choose goldust or christian. goldust because hes a veteran in the ring and has many years of expericence so he should have already been one, but since he has been in this gimmick for so long he has already lost the chance to be taken serious as a world champion. christian if he didnt leave for tna in 2005, i would have easlily seen him as at least a 3 time world champion by now.

According to Wikipedia, the potential triple crowners right now (just one belt away) are:

Batista (IC)
--Wrong show, out on injury, might retire soon....not gonna happen.

Big Show (IC)
--Wrong show, main event guy, not gonna happen. However, if they choose to allow the US title to be an alternative to the IC title, which they should, then he's in the triple crown.

Carlito (World)
--Let's see what he's like in the future. Most likely, he doesn't have a shot, but you never know.

Christian (World)
--I have a feeling he won't be winning a world championship.

Goldust (World)
--Hahaha, no way is this happening.

John Cena (IC)
--Wrong show, main event guy, etc. However, if they do the US title equivalence to the IC title, he'd qualify.

John Morrison (World)
--Definitely going to happen. Not sure when, but he'll win a world title. He deserves it. Hopefully he wins it at WrestleMania XXVI lol.

Kofi Kingston (World)
--I could see this happening at some point. Kofi is young, well liked, over with the crowd, etc.

Shelton Benjamin (World)
--I really want this to happen, but I don't know if it ever will. Hopefully it does.

The Undertaker (IC)
--It most likely won't happen, but I'd like it to. Why not have the Undertaker be the one to defeat Jericho for the IC title at Summerslam and feud with people over that for a little bit? It gives him the triple crown status, it gives us a Jericho feud, and it gives Undertaker a title to revolve around without clogging up the main event spot that these younger guys would be taking. Plus, whatever midcarder heel goes against him is automatically elevated in that they're feuding for the IC title AND against Taker.

William Regal (World)
--Not a chance in the world.

Well the most deserving westler(s) to get the Triple Crown are:

Undertaker - Could possibly see this happening,if Kane comes back and wins it from Jericho they could have a match at Armaggedon.

Christian - If he ever gets drafted to Smackdown! or RAW then I could see him winning the World Heavyweight Championship,on either show.Don't see him winning the WWE title.

Kofi - I could see him being a WHC in the next 5 years,people love him.

Morrison - He can be the next WWE champion in 2 years,people love him.

MVP-He definitely deserve it! He's at the top of my list! He should be a heel when he wins it though! Can you imagine the braggin promos he would cut as WWE champ?

John Morrison is a Triple Crown winner. The ECW title IS a World Heavy Weight Championship.

Same with Christian... he won the ECW Title.

Christian!
Definetly Christian! He's been working his ass of and his peeps deserve it! He's a great performer and great on the mic! WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WAN'T?!? XD

I myself really want to say Undertaker for this. I mean he is one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of not only WWE but of the business overall, yet the only title he needs is the Intercontinental and he really doesn't need the title, and I think he has cemented his place in history regardless of Triple Crown or not.

So, seeing how other potential canidates are either too young and not established (Kofi, John Morrison) or decent in the ring at best (Big Show, Batista), I would have to say it's a three-way tie between Goldust, William Regal, or Christain. All three are very good in the ring. Goldust is decent on the mic, wow Regal and Christain each have great skills on the microphone. All three are very deserving veterans, and I believe all three could draw as champion (and if I'm wrong just give them short-reigns).

Anyway thats me, what do you guys think.

It's interesting you said Goldust, as I generally agree with you, but he needs to go back to his 1995-98 persona for him to succeed he's been doing this comedy gimmick since about 2002, more so from when Evolution threw him into some electricity power supply.

But I do have a problem with Goldust is that he's never been properly used and had a good match since about 2002/03 so he really doesn't deserve the world title but from a career perceptive he was probably the first character to be introduced in what I'd say was the start of the attitude era generation of wrestlers, he was controversial, pushing the limits, plus did what was asked of him, Wrestlemania 12 for example late 97-early 98 he was pretty good at making his character deep and dark, as well as portrayed good with the mind games.

Goldust will NEVER win the big one as he is not a bankable wrestler...
Hands down Morisson will def win it within 2yrs.
But the guy who could get away with it and would resonate with the fans the most is Captain Charisma - Christian, 5yrs. ago you could have said no way but in an era of smaller more agile wrestlers this guy is a veteran who is first in line in my books to accomplish this feat.

people, look at what ziirox said. morrison and christian are already there. i can't say it in enough threads. the ecw championship is still a world title despite the wwe totally fucking it. when vince was champion and lost it and went in his depression phase, he kept on saying "i was a world champion this, i was a world champion that, blah blah blah", and i have not heard anybody in wwe say otherwise. so until someone in wwe confirms that the ecw title is just a mid-card divas championship looking piece of garbage, than it is still a world championship.

oh, and christian is a 3 time world champion. 2 time nwa-tna world champion(when they actually had the nwa title), and ecw champion.

I'm sorry for all you ECW marks out there but if you think the title of now has the same prestige as the title of yester year then you are sorely mistaken. Sorry but the ECW championship hasn't been viewed as a World title since Lashley relinquished it when he was drafted to Raw. That was the only year to my re-collection that a Royal Rumble winner acknowledged that belt as a World title. Ever since then Rumble winners only acknowledge the WWE and WHC as titles to contend for at mania. Earlier this year on Raw Orton said when he won the Rumble that he has a choice between the WWE and WHC title shots at mania. Even if it wasn't his goal if the ECW belt was a world title he would mention it. Not to mention any ECW champ after Lashley that switched brands was treated no better than a mid-carder once they switched brands. I'm sorry but as sad as it is to say the ECW title isn't a World title anymore.

But onto the discussion on who deserves Triple Crown. I'm sorry but Matt Hardy is overdue for that distinction. He has worked his ass off and got punished for being fucked over in real life. I mean how the hell hasn't he at least have one reign with the Intercontinental title yet. Hopefully after his hand heals he can work his way to the Main-Event. But I think Matt Hardy is a victim of the brand that he is on. He should have never left Smackdown. They should have just put Jeff Hardy back on Raw, cause at least he can hang in there with the over-crowded Main Event.

well, this one's tricky. i mean you have a few obvious choices in Benjamin, Morrison, and Kofi. I mean they are amazing, pure workers. Benjamin must not have many friends in creative though, like what, 4 years in a row in MIB just so he can dazzle us with innovative offense and then drown in the mid card on SD? Shame. The current incarnation of the ECW Title does not count as a legit world title. I mean seriously, that belt is worth about a cup of coffee and a boston cream. So that keeps Christian in the running. They gotta get him on Raw, the main event scene there needs a facelift. 'Taker would be interesting with the IC title. I mean give it to him, why not? I could see one of the jokers in ahem "Legacy" getting there, but not for a loooooong while. Then you have the grunt work guys, the old WCW holdovers. The guys who have gotten so many second chances from Vince it's no wonder one of them is in the kiss my ass club: Regal and Goldust. I mean G-dust is the Rhodes boy who should be gettin the camera time. Cody had a chance to impress me, but man he's been lackluster since last summer. Dustin is a hard worker and deserves a world title, but not in this lifetime. Regal might pop in there, but again, it's a long shot. And as for the us title being an IC equivilent? Well sure, I mean it was that way when the titles were on seperate companies, right? And as far as I know, WWE recognizes all past US champs all the way up to Kofi, so yes, the us title should count. Therefore, I think that if they get him back in the gym and get that God-awful cast off of him, Matt Hardy could be a wonderful heel in the main event scene. As much as I like the guy, I just can't even picture MVP with a world title. Oh, one more. Roddy Piper. IC Champ in '92. US Champ in '98, tag team champ in '06. Based in his performance and WM 25, I think he's right in line lol. No I love Hot Rod, but man it would have been great to include him in the triple crown picture. Truly the greatest to never win the big one.

Well, since someone erased a reply I had on here, I'll post it again.

In 2007, on the "Night of Champions" PPV, WWE had a match for all former World Championship title holders on Raw. (Sandman was overlooked though) The only stipulation is that you needed to be a former World Champ. Participants in the match were the current Champ, John Cena, former 5-time WCW World Champ and former whatever title was on Smackdown at the time, King Booker, Mick Foley, Big Show and... BOBBY LASHLEY! What world title has Lashley held? The ECW title!

WWE recognizes the ECW title as a World Title in WWE. End of story. Christian and John Morrison are Triple Crown winners.

Well, since someone erased a reply I had on here, I'll post it again.
The only people who can erase posts are moderators, so it your post is erased, then you probably ought not repost it word-for-word.

Anyways, on topic, my biggest question is what constitutes a Triple Crown anymore. Is it winning all three World Titles? Is it winning a tag, a midcard and a World Title? That's my question.

Personally, I think that a Triple Crown should now be winning the ECW, World and WWE titles. Winning a Triple Crown in horse racing isn't coming in 9th, 3rd and 1st in the three races, it's winning all three. The Triple Crown in Baseball isn't winning the BA title one year, the HR title another, and the RBI in the third.

So, using this as a guideline, I say the three World Titles should be what constitutes a Triple Crown. Among those who deserve to win a Triple Crown, I would say John Cena is the most deserving, as he could do the most with it, and is the biggest draw in the company.

The only people who can erase posts are moderators, so it your post is erased, then you probably ought not repost it word-for-word.

Anyways, on topic, my biggest question is what constitutes a Triple Crown anymore. Is it winning all three World Titles? Is it winning a tag, a midcard and a World Title? That's my question.

Personally, I think that a Triple Crown should now be winning the ECW, World and WWE titles. Winning a Triple Crown in horse racing isn't coming in 9th, 3rd and 1st in the three races, it's winning all three. The Triple Crown in Baseball isn't winning the BA title one year, the HR title another, and the RBI in the third.

So, using this as a guideline, I say the three World Titles should be what constitutes a Triple Crown. Among those who deserve to win a Triple Crown, I would say John Cena is the most deserving, as he could do the most with it, and is the biggest draw in the company.

This is an excellent point! Since there are 3 World Titles in WWE and all the other titles are just filler, this makes perfect sense.

With that said, I believe there is only 1 Triple Crown winner in the WWE right now (unless I have my facts wrong) and that is Big Show.

I'm not a Cena fan but I agree with you. Another great candidate would be Kane. He deserves another World title run. Hes enhanced a lot of talent and put a ton guys over when he could have been obnoxious like other guys in the WWE. Give the man his due.

I'm not a Cena fan but I agree with you. Another great candidate would be Kane. He deserves another World title run. Hes enhanced a lot of talent and put a ton guys over when he could have been obnoxious like other guys in the WWE. Give the man his due.[/QUOTE]

I can't see the benifit on putting the title on Kane. Whilst all rumours are Glen Jacobs is a guninely nice guy and probaly deserves it for that reason ahead of many others, he has one eye on retirement. This is time,with an ageing headline talent pool, for wwe to start focusing on the next generation. Giving the tittle to Kane would be a backwards step(deserving as he might be of it).

ipswichicon80, Kane is already a triple crown and grandslam winner.

1.) I didn't say he wasn't. My point was that putting the title on him would not be a good move.
2.) It's debatable if he is,depends on your definantion of a triple crown winner. Kane has never held the world heaveyweight title. He is not a grand slam winner as he has never held the europeon title.

It all depends on if you want to count the ECW championship as a world title. It technically is even though the IWO doesn't view it as such. So therefore, Christian and Morrison are triple crown winners.

However I think the next triple crown winner will be someone who hasn't won the IC title yet. Ted DiBiase could come in next week and pick it up. And a year from now be crowned world champion (most likely not, but hey, it happens). Or Cena could win the title to add more prestige.

This will be the last I say on it cause I'm not trying to get a big argument going on this thread. Yes you are right Lashley held the ECW title and thus was allowed into that Night of Champions WWE title match. But like I said before the ECW title lost it's value as a World title once Lashley relinquished it. I bet ya tonight the ECW title match will be one of the opening matches on the 3-for-all card. Probably right before a Goldust/Hornswaggle match. If that happens can you really give a good argument for why a World title would be contested before a filler(unless they have some massive pushed lined up for Goldust and they want to hook the viewers in before his match.). Also the ECW title wasn't even contested for at Wrestlemania.....WRESTLEMANIA Folks! If it is seen as any type of prestigious world title they would have had a decent storyline or fued going into Wrestlemania 25. I mean Mysterio had a squash match with JBL for the IC belt(which in my opinion even though it hasn't faired better is more prestigious than the ECW title). I mean granted right now the ECW title scene isn't filled with the most attention getting wrestlers(Christain is great, Swagger will get there, I'm a fan but Henry is getting stale, and Finlay and Dreamer are just there to fill space till up and comers are ready).

Don't get me wrong I really wished that Vince still held the ECW title in high regard but it's very obvious he could give two shit's and that's just sad. When ECW first came back you couldn't help but take their World Title seriously cause look who was in there Main Event scene...
Rob Van Dam
Kurt Angle
Big Show
Sabu
CM Punk
Bobby Lashley
Test(the way they built him I believed he was a main eventer)
And that's not even including the automatic contenders in Dreamer and Sandman etc.

Yeah back then I was like this Main Event scene definitely rivals Raw and Smackdown.

But then Angle left, Big Show left, Test was released, Sabu was released, Lashley was drafted, Sandman was drafted then released, and then Rob Van Dam's contract expired and never signed a new one(The face of ECW will even admit that the ECW belt is worth nothing now). If anybody else can mention something that hurt the division please add cause I might have left a little out.

Don't get me wrong for a hot second it seemed like they were trying to resurrect the division when Benoit was drafted over, Burke seemed to look more like a contender, CM Punk was beyond over, and Nitro(now Morrison) was drafted over. I'm like okay seems like they might be able to work through it so lets see.

Then as everybody was excited to see a Benoit/Punk match an unthinkable situation happened. The Benoit tragedy is what I believe put an end to ECW Title credibility. For some reason it's like Vince thought there was a horrible stigma surrounding it due to the tragedies. I mean I 100% believed that Benoit was going to be the next ECW champion and perhaps give the division the kick in the ass that it needed. Have we had good fueds for the ECW belt since then? Absolutely Punk and Morrison tore the roof down with their fued. But the problem was that after the tragedies it's like the ECW title never got the proper exposure it needed cause even when the belt was highly contested it still got opening spots at PPV's most notably when Sabu fought big show at Summerslam(I believe that was the PPV). Anyway that's how I view the decline. I am in no way trying to start wars about this but I'm sorry that is just how it is now and unless Vince does something to make the ECW title seem legit, it's just going to be viewed as a lower mid-card/developmental title.

Sorry I ranted so long on this, but in the end come on Matt Hardy get in shape, get your hand healed, and show Vince that you deserve to be a player!

Well, I and many others respectfully disagree with your stance on the ECW Title. It may not be held in the same regard as the WHC and WWE Title, but the ECW Title IS regarded as a World Title. I laid out my proof and you can't take away a title's status as a World Title once it has been established as a World Title. ECW is not a show that is as highly watched as the other two, but each show has a World Title and the ECW Title is that show's World Title.

Here's my list for potential Triple Crown Champions

Jericho - Even though he was the first "Undisputed" Champion, I could see him as a potential Triple Crown Champion. Jericho is more serious as a heel now then he was 7 years ago so I think a Triple Crown title would be a good fit for him.

Big Show - He is the only superstar in WWE to hold the WWE, WCW and ECW World titles, but never at the same time. However, he needs to work a little more on his character after being Vickie's love interest. A big guy like Show definately needs three belts around his waist...well maybe the ECW title could be on his waist while the World Heavyweight and WWE belts could be on his arms.:lol:

Undertaker - Probably the best choice for a Triple Crown Champion. Being undefeated at WrestleMania is already a great accomplishment, to have him hold all three brand titles at once would another great feat for the Deadman. If he ever became a Triple Crown Champion, I think it be very difficult for anyother WWE superstar to dethrone him.

HBK - Also would make a great choice for a Triple Crown Champion. Other than Taker, HBK has been with WWE for most of his career and becoming the first ever Triple Crown Champion would definately being another career defining moment for Mr. WrestleMania.

I also think Christian could be a Triple Crown Champion, but I doubt Vince would let that happen (despite that he did allow him to hold the ECW title).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back