• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what would've the main event scene in WCW looked like had it still been around

BizzarroNavarro

Dark Match Winner
Who do you think would be holding the title right now? and who do you think would have been some other main event players in WCW. Would they be the same crap of people who were when WCW or ended? or some of the other people who were up and coming? Would hogan and nash have still been injecting themselves in the main event scene as well? and based off of WWEs success with Cena do you think this wouldve cause WCW to try and make a character similar to his?

They would probably have most of TNA's roster give or take a few guys. With the money they had backing them they could have become a huge force in wrestling again especially with WWE being in a slump for most of 07-11. As for who would be holding the title I would say Sting or Jarrett. Hogan would be the on screen President of present day WCW. I feel WCW wouldn't have tried to copy the success of John Cena but I think they would parody it and make fun of it.

I think some guys wouldn't have left to WWE. I think Booker T, DDP, Sid, Benoit, and Jarret would be in the main event scene. Flair and Hogan would be on again and off again commissioners.I think they would have a Cena copy. Some company guy they built around. They would copy many more things the WWE had done.

This is very hard to answer. Had WCW stayed alive would WWE be PG right now? Would WCW have gone PG? We are talking 10 years- injuries could have and probably would have knocked some of the old dogs out. I think its naive to think Flair, Hogan, or Sting would be at the top- just like Austin, Rock, HBK, and HHH are no longer major players in the game (Biggest stars -yes but def not week to week involvement).

I believe the WCW would have been out actively recruiting and training talent. Goldburg may still be on and off tv- and the monster factory probably would be churning out some new guys that never wound up in the business. Scott Hall may have gone down a different road and be a voice of the company. But just like Cena was nowhere in the picture back then, the top of the WCW food chain would be new talent.

The only thing I can think of....

Chuck Palumbo would be feauding with Mr. Anderson

Sean O'Haire would be the world champ defending against Hardcore Holly.

Yeah, that's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back