• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would your wrestling name and gimmick be?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
So with us all being wrestling fans, we've obviously all thought at one time or another about what our in-ring name and persona would be. What would you come up with for yourself and why? Also pick a theme song for your character.

My name: "Irish" Mike Donovan. I'm obviously of Irish descent and this sounds similar to the common nickname for famous Mikes of "Iron" Mike. The last name of Donovan means "strong fighter".

Gimmick: I know the description automatically reminds you of of Sheamus or Finley, I actually envision it as more of a cross between CM Punk (with his outspoken demeanor) and Jake Roberts (with his cold, calculated ring work).

Theme music: "My Idea of Fun" by Iggy and the Stooges

Finisher: The Ticking Time Bomb (a powerbomb, after which I would hang onto the opponent's legs and invert it into a Lion Tamer)

Dick Hammer? Puge Henis? Harry Wiener?

My name would have to be a play on dicks, obviously.

My gimmick? Being the only guy in the room who doesn't get it and I'd probably be main eventing Mania in 3 years or less.

Tito the Tiny Tornado. A midget orphan from Panama. Finisher: the Titty Twister Tornado DDT. Entrance: Van Halen- obviously.

Or Shatz McGee. Retired Scottish plumber to the stars. Finisher: Porcelain Plunge spike piledriver. Entrance: Bay City Rollers "Saturday Night"

Hard to decide really.

Immanuel W. Connolly

Gimmick: A glorified jobber with delusions of grandeur who, after every loss, grabs a mic, runs down his opponent and the company, and "quits" only to be back the next show to take another beating.

Theme music: 'Played' by Mindless Self Indulgence

Finisher: The Unintelligible Rant (a wild combination of strikes, slaps, and kicks that disorient the opponent, followed by a sleeper hold)

I used to do backyard in my late teens. I had two gimmicks. First was an authority gimmick, Mr [My Real Surname], the idea was I sort of sucked but got my actually talented friend to act as my bodyguard. He turned on me in a triple threat match at our PPV and powerbombed me through a 'table' (piece of wood leaning against a wall). Theme tune was 'Adagio For Strings' by Samuel Barber.

Second gimmick was Scott 'The Icon' Daniels. Problem is you can't be an icon if you're not. Overly-influenced by ECW, I wore cutoffs and affected a rock look. Problem is I'm quite a youthful-looking chap, even now in my early 30s. Anyway, the character was that I was morose and intelligent and would cheat to win (it should be noted: I can only work heel). Theme tune was whatever post-hardcore I was enjoying at the time, probably 'Enfilade' by At The Drive-In.

I actually wrestled on a professional show under the latter gimmick, picking up a pin in a sort-of gauntlet/winner-stays-on match and then getting rinsed with a strong lariat in the battle royal main event, I bit my tongue and bled for hours, thus leading me to retire. Tom Billington/Dynamite Kid was at that show, he said it was terrible, he was right.

In theory, my finisher was the Emerald Fusion as deployed by Misawa, but I never got to actually hit it in a match situation.

I had better stuff, but that's more bar room material...

1)
Name: Bob Storm

Gimmick: Cocky heel who thinks he's better than everybody else

Theme: Thunderstruck

Finisher: Superkick

2)
Name: Mr. Pretty

Gimmick: Pretty boy

Theme: I'm too sexy

Finisher: Crossface-chickenwing

3)
Name: Killer "The Animal" Warrior

Gimmick: Big monster

Theme: Imperial March

Finisher: Powerbomb

4)
Name: Roberto "The Dragon" Ricardo

Gimmick: Mexican luchador

Theme: Any mariachi shit will do

Finisher: Springboard hurricanrana

5)
Name: Bobby America

Gimmick: Patriotic American hero

Theme: Born in the USA

Finisher: Spear

6)
Name: Rob Steele

Gimmick: MMA-fighter

Theme: X gon' give it to ya

Finisher: Triangle choke

7)
Name: Robert English

Gimmick: British heel

Theme: Pomp and circumstance

Finisher: Any knee attack

None of these have ever been done, what a mine of creativity am I.

My name: J.J. Smith

My Gimmick: A blues playing street musician. I'd play outside venues shows were happening at for a month or two. Eventually, some wrestler(s) would get tired of me getting airtime on the show and confront me, leading to a debut feud.

My theme music: Bright Lights by Gary Clark Jr.

It depends. If I were in the WWE, I'd have a choice between rapper, thug or criminal.

In the indies, I'm still working on getting a character together. I'd like something Shawn Michaelsesque but less flamboyant crossed with some Chris Benoit(in ring) with a dash of Flair. But since I don't have my character together yet, for the sake of this thread, ow about this:

Dewayne Johnson Jr

My actual birth name is John Dewayne Johnson Jr. Being a junior, my family has only ever called me Dewayne. So I go by John everywhere else, but in my family I have always been Dewayne Johnson. Dewayne Johnson Jr, will lead people to believe that I may be the son of Dwayne Johnson. We are the same skin tone and I am pretty big.

Theme Song: The Nation of Domination theme that was used when Rock was leader and they had Owen Hart.

Finisher: "The Great Slam"- Sidewalk slam into a Rock Bottom, "The People's Knee"- stand over their head, remove my knee pad, throw it at a fan, run side to side and drop the knee on their face

Name – King Patrick Star

Gimmick – a hybrid of Triple H and Shane McMahon

Theme Music – King Of My World by Saliva

Signature Moves – The Scepter (Flying Clothesline off the top turnbuckle) and The Crown (shooting star press into a flying headbutt)

Finisher – Royal-plex (delayed verticle suplex powerslam…sometimes off the top turnbuckle, specifically only on PPVs)

It depends. If I were in the WWE, I'd have a choice between rapper, thug or criminal.

In the indies, I'm still working on getting a character together. I'd like something Shawn Michaelsesque but less flamboyant crossed with some Chris Benoit(in ring) with a dash of Flair. But since I don't have my character together yet, for the sake of this thread, ow about this:

Dewayne Johnson Jr

My actual birth name is John Dewayne Johnson Jr. Being a junior, my family has only ever called me Dewayne. So I go by John everywhere else, but in my family I have always been Dewayne Johnson. Dewayne Johnson Jr, will lead people to believe that I may be the son of Dwayne Johnson. We are the same skin tone and I am pretty big.

Theme Song: The Nation of Domination theme that was used when Rock was leader and they had Owen Hart.

Finisher: "The Great Slam"- Sidewalk slam into a Rock Bottom, "The People's Knee"- stand over their head, remove my knee pad, throw it at a fan, run side to side and drop the knee on their face

Hitching your wagon to a huge Hollywood\Wrestling name just to get recognized?

VhPpJRJA9osxxvp6q3qkuEhFo1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back