• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you could pitch a brand new gimmick, what would it be?

I like a few people's idea of the guy that steals everyone's finisher; but if it were a smaller/comedy type guy then I guess we would never actually see the feat done. How about the same gimmick but make it somebody borderline Bray Wyatt / Undertaker.....a demonic type guy, quite a large athlete, mysterious, and CAPABLE of mimmicking not just the finisher but the entire move-set of his opponent. Imagine; he would 5-moves-of-doom Cena, wouldn't we all love that? He'd have to be athletic too, imagine the Bryan headbutt etc from a larger athlete, quite impressive! Come to think of it...his name could actually be Mimmick. I'm a genius...

The gimmick i always think of is something close to Jim Moriarty from the Sherlock series. A slim looking guy who is terribly cleaver, cold and ruthless. He would work more psychologically than physically. I know this is more of a manager gimmick but can be used for a wrestler as well.

Have some fun with it, share some gimmicks you think would be fun or cool or buzzworthy, whatever. And try to be original, don't just slap a slight adjustment on a current Superstar.

My first idea is something I shared recently in a different thread, a Master of Disguise-type gimmick. He would debut in a Royal Rumble match. When the timer hits :00, his name is on the screen and everybody wonders who the hell this guy is. The next thing you see is a cameraman put all of his equipment down, get in the ring and kick some ass to everyone's shock! Then in the future he could be selling snacks in the stands before his match, or a generic one where he dresses as a fan... I don't know, that sounds like something the writers could have fun with.
And btw, Absolutely love this gimmick.. Numerous possibilities.

No...Noo...Nooooo...

Someone may be taking this fantasy thread a bit too serious. Now way any of these would get on live WWE television , but indy gimmicks or WZCW type characters is where I was going with the post.

I remember Dino, but really was going more for the accent & the stupidity of pushing legal Rx as illegal. Obviously no-one wants to push the boundaries so far that someone ends up dead like that.

Steve the"Pirate" was a lame joke in Dodgeball... They had a guy do this, it was Birchill and it never even got off the ground... he at least had the look and Johnny Depp accent...

I remember Paul & that was good, I just thought the amnesia thing would always been a nice touch.

Hypnotised guy who can suddenly wrestles... You mean Festus?

Festus was always crap. The thought of some random janitor backstage amuses me. Whether it is during a promo, segment or match- throwing the keyword around does have some fun possibilities.

and as you have Nick Dinsmore in NXT, just bring Eugene back, what's the point of creating a new one... if it's not PC to have him "******" any more they can say he has "improved" for being part of the WWE Universe....

Hence why I said drop the '******' part & go full on with everything else. Seeing him hit a stunner or elbow was great, but taking it further I always thought would be hilarious. Not long term, but something to pass the time would be fine.

Being a huge fan of the Christopher Nolan Batman series, I think a gimmick similar to that of Bane's would be brilliant in the WWE Universe. Ironically, because we've seen the character portrayal on the big screen I think it would be a bit of a ripoff for WWE TV now. #TNA...StingAsTheJoker!
However, if you go back to 08' when TDK was made & Nolan decided not to do a third then "YES!" (Extend arms upwards and point fingers to the ceiling.)
Having been well documented for a no. of years, McMahon loves a 250+ big man muscle for his Main Event Matchcards. To an extent, there's nothing wrong with that but the problem has been they've sometimes all been from the same ilk. Goldberg was the original 'tear through walls-undefeated streak' powerhouse machine. Since then we've had Lesnar, Batista, Lashley, Ezekiel Jackson, Ryback, Mason Ryan, Big E Langston to name a few. (Note. Lesnars come of his own after UFC days. Ref. to Original WWE Lesnar 02-04).
If you add the brains to the brawn, then you create a Bane-like character who has the ability to beat his opponent mentality as well as physically. I like the mix of the two as it creates depth to a character when it comes to storytelling. The Undertaker is a perfect example of that.

A rough idea to introduce such a character would be to first have a normal run of the mill superstar who's got a decent look, good mic skills and can go in the ring. After several months of midcard match success, he's thrust into the ring with a Big Show, Mark Henry, Ryback character who literally destroys him. I'm talking OMG moment. After a few months of no appearances and no idea of his whereabouts, he re-emerges as a visibly bigger superstar who begins a crusade in WWE to begin a Revolution. With a Ultimate Heel Push in booking, he would form Alliances & build Army's across the roster, Eventually looking to 'take control' of the company - much like the Ministry of Darkness storyline without the higher power crap. In the end however, "The Machine" would catch up with him and low and behold, SuperCena and the Cenation would give an Attitude Adjustment.

What about a whole stable of male models? PLUS SIZE, BIG & TALL male models. Just think about it. Comedy jobbers, the lot of them.

A few years back I pitched an idea to a former TNA talent, no need to name drop, for his Ohio based promotion that involved a more realistic and MMA approach. I suggested a six sided ring with ring area barriers matching the angles of the ring and standing six and half foot tall. The entire area would have that cage fighting atmosphere. From the fans view point it would be something from the gladiator days. I thought it would be cool but he pretty much told me to shut up. The shut up wasn't a blow off I had been in series conversations with him. He just thought it was a stupid idea.

A few gimmicks I’ve thought up……

The Fugly Boys – Spike Fugly (Spike Dudley), Spider Fugly (“Spyder” Nate Webb), D-Ray Fugly (D-Ray 3000), Big Dick Fugly (Puppet "The Psycho Dwarf") and Mama Fugly (Identity never revealed)

Spike grew up as a Dudley but being the “runt” of the family he never really felt like he belonged. Spike decided to set out on an amazing adventure to find his true identity. Along the way he uncovered the amazing story of how he became to be and in doing so discovered his true family. As it turned out Spike was actually born in an area nearby Dudleyville called Fuglyville. One afternoon while attending the county wide greased pig/tractor pull/catfish fisting festival Mama Fugly went to use the facilities/old slop bucket. What she thought was a massive duce turned out to be a bouncing baby boy. As luck would have it the next individual to use those facilities/old slop bucket was Mama Dudley. She had no idea where Spike came from so decided to take him home and raise the baby as one of her own. Spike would reconnect with his birth Mama and learn of numerous other sibling that had scattered around the globe. He hunted them all down and now they live on as the Fugly Boyz.

Super Kick – Stevie “Lovin is EZ” Camarca, Ricky “Girl U So Fly” Jamison, Davey “Can’t Let You In” Hardcastle, Joey “My 1st Crush” Matthews and Pablo.

I have no idea why but a few weeks ago I had this tune in my head and kept signing “Super Kick…. Super Kick.” It was then I came up with the idea for a boy band stable called Super Kick. The first four I listed are pretty self-explanatory but my favorite is Pablo. He is of Mexican descent and the only line he ever signs is “si.” Their hit song begins with the lyrics “We are going to warm up the band (start the stomp like HBK) while all the sexy ladies clap their hands….. Super Kick….. Super Kick straight through your heart.” The group’s ultimate goal is to use wrestling as a springboard to open for Justin Bieber.

Juan Americo – A masked wrestler from Mexico that has crossed the border illegally. He is really over the top attempting to act as if he is your run of mill stereotypical middle class white American. From time to time he is forced to flee from the INS.

A guy who is too empathetic and good hearted. He's a badass up until the end. Once he has beaten his opponent to an unconscious pulp, he cries, lies down, and pulls his opponent on top of him for the loss.

Tag team that's a hypnotist/salesman/conman type and a pale white guy who he has convinced that he is an indian chief. Call the team "Dirty Deeds and Thunder Chief". Come out to a song that starts with the tomahawk chop followed by a bastardized version of "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirty Cheap"

I have been fixated on the idea of an evil, child abducting clown. Im talking a real sick mf'er.

I would introduce him creeping through the crowd, coaxing children to leave with him. Perhaps using candy. I believe a PG era WWE is perfect for a gimmick such as this.
As a PS to America, this could act as a warning for actual child abductors that could be lurking in any public setting. The Clown would be a short lived gimmick. I do believe it is capable of launching or reviving a career.

I have been fixated on the idea of an evil, child abducting clown. Im talking a real sick mf'er.

I would introduce him creeping through the crowd, coaxing children to leave with him. Perhaps using candy. I believe a PG era WWE is perfect for a gimmick such as this.
As a PS to America, this could act as a warning for actual child abductors that could be lurking in any public setting. The Clown would be a short lived gimmick. I do believe it is capable of launching or reviving a career.

That's great. Maybe they can call him "Doink". :disappointed:

But I guess it would be a little different though since Doink was just an evil clown, and not a pedophile luring children away with candy. Yeah, that would be perfect for the PG Era.

I too thought of the finisher stealer gimmick. I liked what they gave Eric Young a few years ago like a guy who leads a stable of international superstars World Leader group type shit it's a shame it never really became as big as it could have been. This is a good thread and topic and sort of hard to come up with original ones. One gimmick is they could have a guy that starts as like a backstage guy that gets pushed around and made fun of he eventually snaps and starts kicking everyone's ass because he's tired of getting bullied and kicked around sort of like the King of the Hill episode where Hank accidently takes the guy's wallet and that was the last straw for the guy and he snaps and tries to kill Hank and his friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back