What would you like to see brought to the 3DS?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
The 3DS has just launched and if I'm honest the launch titles are disappointing. Then I got thinking, what would I like to see on the 3DS?

Ice Climber

190px-Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg

Before Mario became super these climbers climbed. First released in Japan in 1984 and hitting the NES in 1985 Popo and Nana were largely forgotten characters in Nintendo’s past. Then Smash Bros. hit making their appearance in Melee and as such a GBA and virtual console version of their NES classic was re released. Can you imagine this simple game-play updated with 3D graphics? It’s long overdue, if Kid Icarus can get a relaunch surely the climbers can!

Earthbound/Mother

The USA had Mother 2 which was called Earthbound but didn’t get the first one. Japan has had all three, the UK hasn’t had any. Smash Bros. wise we have Ness and Lucas who have become rather popular in their own right but aside from ROMs we have no way of playing said games. A remake of these would be fantastic for us to get a bit more into the Nintendo history, or even just stick them on the virtual console on the 3DS (yes I know they’re main console games not handhelds but shh!).

Also it has one of the funniest moments in gaming history ever (wait until the very last line).

Wario brothers RPG.

125px-Wario_emblem.svg.png
125px-Waluigi_emblem.svg.png

The Mario and Luigi RPG games are great fun with some brilliant humour throughout. It doesn’t take itself serious and has had three games (Superstar saga, partners in crime, Bowser’s inside story) so it would make sense to put it on the 3DS. That is until Paper Mario 3D was announced, so the logical thing? Stick Wario and Waluigi in there, Wario’s a great character and Waluigi doesn’t do enough to warrant his place in Nintendolore. Simples.

Chibi Robo

There are technically three games in the series but as ever the UK has only seen one, the US has seen two whilst Japan has had all three. Japan also had a “new play control” version of the game which isn’t going to be hitting these shores. Game-play is found in the following video and would suit the 3DS really well.

F-Zero

The Ying to Mario Kart’s Yang, whilst Mario Kart was never about the speed, F-Zero was. Set in a future where the F-Zero race is king the game play for this is just all-round good fun, whether it was the SNES, N64, GC or GBA version it worked so well. The anarchy of 30 cars rushing round, falling to last and then hearing those classic words “You’ve got boost power” and rushing to first then crashing into the side and exploding. Classic. Though there would need to be some serious work on the 3D side of things (3D plus fast moving cars doesn’t go down well!).

Yourself? Are my ideas shit? What would you like to see on the 3DS? Any remakes? Any rejig of franchises? Doesn't have to be Nintendo related!

Originally posted at http://nintendolee.com/

I was going to say Earthbound. I honestly cant believe a sequel hasn't been made or at least one that has been released outside of Japan. It sucks. It was a very good game and deserves a legit sequel that people here could enjoy.

After seeing how well Super Street Fighter 4 was scaled down to the 3DS, I would like to see Nintendo bring a Super Smash bros. game in. I like having games for portalable consoles that can be played in both short intervals and long periods of time, and Super Smash bros. (along with mario kart) were the epitome of that for me on the bigger consoles. I would love to be able to do that with the 3DS.

I also really want to see another first person metroid game released. I felt like Hunters (which was released for the DS) was a pretty good game that only suffered from the fact that there was 10 boss battles with three different bosses and a few awkward touch-screen mechanics. Despite those minor quirks, I would still really like to see another first-person Metroid.

I like Lee's idea for a Wario bros. game. Waluigi desperatly needs to have something more to his character than just a bunch of sports games, and Wario's games need something more than just minigames. Pair them up for an actual adventure game like the Mario bros RPG games would do wonders for both of them. Both charaters really need it.

The game I want to see isn't a Nintendo IP. In fact, it's not even a Nintendo Exclusive game. nor is it a game that hasn't been done for a while (in fact, the most recent game was in 2008). It's also not a game that is graphically superior. The franchise I want to see on 3DS is........

MLB_Power_Pros_resized.jpg

That's right. MLB Power Pros

This series (which is a Americanized version of the Power Pro baseball series in Japan, which has over a dozen iterations dating back to Super FamiCom) is a pick-up and play baseball game, which is great for a casual gamer (which Nintendo is wanting to grab). HOWEVER, it's not just a pick-up and play boring old baseball game. While it looks extremely basic in it's gameplay style, it's not only ridiculously fun, it is actually one of the deepest and sports game I've ever played, and also the physics of the game are among the best for its time. Somehow 2K Sports managed to make a baseball game that not only was accessible for all ages, but also was deep enough for hardcore gamers.

The in-game gameplay, to me, is very much akin to RBI Baseball on NES (which is my personal all-time favorite baseball game). Here's a gameplay video demonstrating a plain old game.
[YOUTUBE]lLUPnw7qTLk[/YOUTUBE]
As you can see, gameplay is very straightforward, and it's looks fairly simple to pick up and know what you're doing (and believe me, it is). All the while though, it is incredibly deep, and the physics were some of the best for baseball games at the time. This was just the plain old game of baseball though. Power Pro's also has a full on RPG mode that was incorporated into the game, as well as an incredibly deep season/franchise mode, which is great for serious sports gamers.

Now why do I want this on 3DS? Well, it's really simple actually. Since the graphics (while very good) are not extremely difficult, there shouldn't be much of a problem porting the graphics over to the 3DS. Secondly, Baseball may be the easiest sport to transfer into 3D. All you need to do is have the pitches coming towards you, then show the ball flying away from the hitter for a moment after contact. Maybe couple that with a first person fielding view option (for flyballs in the outfield) and you have a great 3D effect for the game.

While this pick for a desired 3DS game may be out of Left Field (yes, I went there), MLB Power Pros is literally one of the best sports games I have ever played, and is the type of game that can (if marketed correctly) appeal to not only younger gamers, but serious hardcore gamers as well. It could, if they didn't screw it up, easily be a top seller for the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back