• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Will Be The Next Great Rivalry

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
In any sport, which two teams that usually lock horns can be the next great rivalry? No need to keep with Red Sox vs. Yankees, Cubs vs. White Sox or Cardinals, Bears vs. Packers, Colts vs. Patriots, Lakers vs. Celtics, well you get the picture. These are all classics right now that we won't forget and will most likely keep forging on with the years. But what about other rivalries that could be huge? What do you think will be the next great rivalry? Only choose one sport please.

As it is currently hockey season, I have succumbed to the feeling that hockey is my favorite sport, yes higher than football and baseball, but not by much. I can't comment on the Eastern Conference, so I'll stick with the West, and even with my own Blackhawks. This I see could potentially be big.

Blackhawks vs. Canucks. In just regular season games there is a fire there, the Canucks are upset that the Blackhawks knocked them out last year (sorry TM) and the Blackhawks have responded this year. Both teams don't really like each other, and there have been some good clean hits that fire each team up, most notably Willie Mitchell concussing Jonathan Toews with a blistering open ice hit. Shit if Colorado and Detroit could be considered a big rivalry in the NHL, why can't Blackhawks vs. Canucks?

So what do you think will be the next great rivalry in sports?

What about Hawks/Celtics? A couple of years ago in the playoffs, nobody (including myself) gave the Hawks any kind of chance to even win a game against the Celtics, but they took them to game 7! There were also some pretty heated on-court conforntations, and plenty of trash-talking through the media. Every time the Hawks play the Celtics they give them their best, and make one hell of a basketball game to watch.

I wanted to say Cavs/Wizards, but Lebron James and company dominate the Wizards way too much. Hawks/Celtics has the potential to be a great rivalry. The Hawks are looking great so far this year, and the Celtics look to be back on top of their game.

I think that the Milwaukee Brewers and the St. Louis Cardinals have all the ingredients to be the next big sports rivalry. Both teams are set up to be good for a long time with the likes of Pujols, Holliday, Carpenter, Wainwright, and Molina for the Cardinals and Braun, Fielder, Gallardo, and Escobar. The Brewers also have an attitude about them that seems to rub alot of baseball traditionalists the wrong way, which can lead to some heat from the opposing teams. Being in the same division there will always be some type of rivalry but with both teams being so good it might get taken to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back