• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was your high school nickname?

I thought of this topic while trying to think of a new name on here. I was completely stumped until I thought of the name my gym teacher gave me last year: Sugarloaf. This was just one of those names that was pulled out of the air and somehow stuck. I was pissed at him for a while, but I kinda like it now. I still don't know what a sugarloaf is, I'll wiki it later.

Anyway, that made me curious. What was your high school nickname? How did it come about?

I know some people aren't given a nickname in high school, so if you didn't have one, what was your favorite nickname for a classmate?

Um, snuggy, snug, snuggles, hammy, ham. Yep...

My last name is Hamler so that explains the Ham nicknames but I have no idea where the snuggle names came from.

Matt.

They called me that because my name's Matthew.

Occasionally I was "chan" because my friend Cory was a fat weeaboo. And briefly I was Dr. Feelgood after a dare I made on a summer camp where I dressed in a ridiculous outfit all trip and introduced myself as that name to all the people I didn't know.

Bird, Larry Bird, Birdshaw, Dirty Bird, etc.

Got it my freshman year. I was playing up on Varsity for Districts and one of the seniors said I played like Larry Bird. The name stuck.

And for the record, I was no where near as good as Larry Bird.

Matt.

They called me that because my name's Matthew.

Occasionally I was "chan" because my friend Cory was a fat weeaboo. And briefly I was Dr. Feelgood after a dare I made on a summer camp where I dressed in a ridiculous outfit all trip and introduced myself as that name to all the people I didn't know.

Can you change your user title to "The Real Dr. Feelgood"?

Bird, Larry Bird, Birdshaw, Dirty Bird, etc.

Got it my freshman year. I was playing up on Varsity for Districts and one of the seniors said I played like Larry Bird. The name stuck.

And for the record, I was no where near as good as Larry Bird.

Varsity freshman year? Nice. I didn't make Varsity until Sophomore year. Even then I didn't start until Junior year. You must have been quite the athlete.

Varsity freshman year? Nice. I didn't make Varsity until Sophomore year. Even then I didn't start until Junior year. You must have been quite the athlete.

I only was on there for Districts/State tournament, and only played because we had a really good team, and we beat the first two teams pretty badly.

I was a mediocre athlete, but I was always a floor captain, and I played good defense. And my freshman and junior years, I was a good shooter. My sophomore and senior years I absolutely stunk as a shooter. Never have figured that out.

Big T: Real name is Theo (or TJ) and I'm a big dude.

Goose: Did a dodgeball tournament freshman year and we defeated a senior team and the judges restarted the game because it wasn't an official game (bullshit) and we became the fan favorite and some guy said I looked like Tony Siragusa, whose nickname is Goose.

Kyzader: Last name is Luzader, but my calc teacher senior year had Kyzader as my last name on all my grade sheets, so it stuck.

Had others like TJizzle, Teddy Bear, Teddy Lu, Big T Lil J, and probably others I can't recall.

I only was on there for Districts/State tournament, and only played because we had a really good team, and we beat the first two teams pretty badly.

I was a mediocre athlete, but I was always a floor captain, and I played good defense. And my freshman and junior years, I was a good shooter. My sophomore and senior years I absolutely stunk as a shooter. Never have figured that out.

My shooting guard was like that, was a great shooter then it just went away. I was a decent leader, I played QB in football, so it transfered to me playing PG. I probably only started because I was explosive towards the hoop. I could always shoot fairly decently. I was proud of myself for averaging 14.5 PPG and 7.2 APG senior year, it was by far my best year.

Oven-Man: Back in high-school, it was a running joke between me and my friends. Seeing as I'm jewish, we would always joke around that the oven in the food's room was my house. It was all in good fun. For those wondering, the microwave was my summer home.

My nickname was Spam because everyone thought I ate Spam due to me being Filipino. My peers' words, not mine.

Edit: I was also called Panda (not sure why) and D-Mar (which was a play on my real name).

Dont really wanna give away my name, so lets just say it was based on the famous nickname of a pop singer from the Bronx, NY and current American Idol judge.

Everyone calls me Big Mike because I'm a bit on the heavy side.

I'm called Michael Jackson, but it's more of an insult considering what they consider it to mean.

My other one is Michael Michael Motorcycle. I...I just don't know why. I guess because it kind of rhymes?

Daniel-san

Kazuma/Kaz

Avril

Noodles

Asian

1000 variations of my last name that started like Van (then something ridiculous), example: Vandersoup, Vankrieg, Vanawkward, Vandstupid.

Others I've forgotten/blocked out.

Pretty much everyone called me something besides my name till Senior year when Daniel and Asian were left.

I had a student teacher a few years ago call me The Sullinator, had that as a username awhile back, and they call me Sully now. I had a..few other ones though, but they faded away,

I get called 'Shek' to this day because a girl from my class kept calling me that all my high school years and it spread. Also cause those are the last four letters of my name.

It goes without saying that it was morphed into beautiful innuendos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back