What was your favorite RTWM in SvR 2011?

awesomeisthemiz

Dark Match Winner
Pretty straight out thread and my first! So what was your favorite Road to wrestlemania?

Mine was Chris Jerichos, the way you could play a heel was amazing for me and being against Triple H and Shawn Micheals and Mr. McMahon... The Hell and a Cell At WM was cool to,

What was your Favorite?

My would have to be the Christian one for 2011. It had a really cool storyline, being able to cash in Money in the Bank. The different path you could take to WrestleMania. The awesome hats, and the glasses. Something Edge and Christian were famous for in their tag team days. Being able to walk backstage was a cool new feature, and talk to other superstars. But another thing for me was that you could make a time machine. I was surprised, and then thought it was really cool. Being able to go back, and finish parts you had missed. Without having to play it over again.

I loved the Vs Undertaker storyline.

I played as John Morrison, and it was so cool how Paul Bearer would appear backstage as you were walking round, and that the Masked Kane was involved as well.

The week where your character was in a haze and everything in the arena turned into Undertaker related objects/posters was so weird and the druid battle royal was a nice touch.

I liked how the GM (was it Steph?) would make you have to face challenges from Undertaker's past such as Jake The Snake and Jimmy Snuka...really awesome story, and loads to unlock too.

Although to see the reunited E & C, the Kazoo's and the 5 second poses was absolutely fantastic too. I didnt like the start to the Christian story, but once he got onto Smackdown it was really good. Plus, the time machine you create proves so helpful when trying to complete all the challenge matches to unlock the legends match at WM.

Even the Rey Mysterio RTWM was good. So far, I have completed Christian, Vs Undertaker and Rey Mysterio's RTWM's and thought they were all good. Definitely better than anything in the previous games, apart from the CAW RTWM last year, that was brilliant.

I enjoyed the Vs Undertaker story. It was cool to have the whole 'super natural' thing going on. I played it twice. Once as John Morrison, and once as my Conan O'Brien CAW. I didn't like the beginning where you had to compete in the ladder match because I don't like the new ladder match system that THQ uses for this game, so it took me a few tries each time. However, once you got past that, business started to pick up. The Druids Battle Royale and Paul Bearer appearing as a telepathic figure were pretty cool. I also liked that you were able to face and unlock Masked Kane. Fighting Paul Bearer was pretty fun too. I also liked the fact that you didn't have to win against The Undertaker to beat the RTWM. While I did beat him, I have heard that if you lost, you turn into a Druid and the RTWM ends there. So that was pretty cool.

My favorite Road to WrestleMania in this year's edition of Smackdown vs. Raw is the 'Vs The Undertaker' story, with the Christian story coming in at a VERY close second.

With The Undertaker's journey, which I completed with my created wrestler, it was an excellent story where you attempt to prove that you are equal to The Undertaker and in fact worthy as his opponent, as you retrace his steps and accomplish some of the past opponents that he has faced at WrestleMania.

It also has two very different endings depending if you are victorious in defeating The Undertaker, or defeated at his hands.

With the Christian Road to WrestleMania, it was more of a blast from the past seeing the reuniting of the Edge & Christian tag-team, complete with all of their famous antics.

I liked the Vs Undertaker story. I used my created superstar threw it. Christan's was second best, and Jericho's the third best.

My favorite was Christians. Edge and Christian are my favorite tag team of all time and I have wanted them to main event Wrestlemania against each other for a very long time. I enjoyed this Road to Wrestlemania from the start. It suprised me when Teddy Long announced I had been traded to Smackdown, then trying to convince Edge to be my partner but turned out, they were only tricking the player, which was me. I thought that was pretty funny. But yeah, from the whole Edge and Christian reunion to facing Edge at Mania, it was an all around fun Road to Wrestlemania that I really enjoyed.

The vs Undertaker story was the best. I like the supernatural elements that I(Morrison) had to go through every week. From Bearer to Kane to Takers past opponents it was VERY well thought out.

2nd best has to be Christians. Favorite moments: Edge aknowledging that they are actually in a video game, 5 second pose, and the kazoos.

In a REALLY unintentional comey moment, multiple times though Cena's I would walk up to Morrison. All he would say is "Get outta here jobber." :lmao:

So far, mine has been the Vs. Undertaker RtWM.

I used a CAW to complete it and although my character's voice was annoying, it was fun nonetheless. I lespecially liked the random appearances by Paul Bearer and finally getting to kick his ass in Week 12.

The match itself was tremendous! I think that they really upped Taker's difficulty level for the final match, as I lost the first time around.

If you haven't been beaten by him, I suggest losing on purpose at least once. The losing cutscene is a crapton better than the winning one.

I have now completed all of them, except Jericho's. Just finished Cena's

The Cena one is the worst one out of the 4 so far, its still pretty good but it seemed that less effort was put into this one compared to the others, Undertaker's especially.

I did like Orton becoming the GM, but why the hell was MVP in main event level storylines?? Surely HHH or HBK could have been involved, as their voices were on the game and Hunter obviously has history with Orton?

Last point....whats the obsession with Truth & Consequences in this game....they are in almost all the RTWMs? I cant even remember them as a tag-team of any significance in real life?!

So far, mine has been the Vs. Undertaker RtWM.

I used a CAW to complete it and although my character's voice was annoying, it was fun nonetheless. I lespecially liked the random appearances by Paul Bearer and finally getting to kick his ass in Week 12.

The match itself was tremendous! I think that they really upped Taker's difficulty level for the final match, as I lost the first time around.

If you haven't been beaten by him, I suggest losing on purpose at least once. The losing cutscene is a crapton better than the winning one.

100% agreed on all points. Undertaker is a bitch to beat at Wrestlemania. I have beaten all of them, but that was by far the most difficult final match. He reverses every damn thing you do. And yeah, the loser cutscene is way better. Not going to spoil it for anyone, but if Taker continues his streak this Mania, they should totally use that.

100% agreed on all points. Undertaker is a bitch to beat at Wrestlemania. I have beaten all of them, but that was by far the most difficult final match. He reverses every damn thing you do. And yeah, the loser cutscene is way better. Not going to spoil it for anyone, but if Taker continues his streak this Mania, they should totally use that.

Hmmm everyone is saying that loser cut-scene is great....I beat Taker, but I am gonna have to go back and let him pin me in order to see that cut scene....hope its as good as everyone says it is...

For me it was Christian's by a mile. That's pretty much exactly what i want to see happen for him before Edge decides to quit in 2012.

I did also enjoy the vs Taker RTW.

Rey's i'll have to do again where i decide to tell Swagger to fuck off at the beginning instead of believing him.

And i found it hilarious that in Cena's RTW, MVP was his other opponent alongside Orton. MVP was given a World title angle at WM in the video game, in reality he was unemployed about a month after the game was released, having never had a World Title.... anything!

For me it was Christian's by a mile. That's pretty much exactly what i want to see happen for him before Edge decides to quit in 2012.

Agreed. I think that would be awesome, and a perfect way for Edge to go out, in the ring with his best friend and former partner.

Rey's i'll have to do again where i decide to tell Swagger to fuck off at the beginning instead of believing him.

Same here, I will have to do it again to get the other side of the story. Problem is, I hate playing with Rey, his character bores the hell out of me with his moveset.

And i found it hilarious that in Cena's RTW, MVP was his other opponent alongside Orton. MVP was given a World title angle at WM in the video game, in reality he was unemployed about a month after the game was released, having never had a World Title.... anything!

Haha yeah, was a very strange choice. As I said in my earlier post, I am surprised it wasn't HHH or Shawn Michaels, who didnt really have much to do with RTWM this year. Maybe even Big Show or someone like Kofi Kingston, Sheamus or The Miz

In order it goes like this.

1.Vs Undertaker
2.Christian
3.Jericho
4.Rey
5.Cena

Cenas is just *unoriginal prejudicial insult removed by mod*

I did vs undertaker with my caw and walked in expecting a breeze at wm and walked out just.It took about 7 tries to hit my signature and then I finally finished it with a peoples elbow.

In order it goes like this.
Cenas is just

Cenas is just *unoriginal prejudicial insult removed by mod*.

I wouldn't agree with that. I enjoyed Cena's least, but I thought it was cool that Orton took over the show. I just would have preferred it to have been another wrestler other than MVP, he just didnt see right to be in a WWE title storyline...just seemed a bit weird.

I will probably have a go at Jericho's this weekend and see what that is like. No-one has said it is their favourite yet, so I am not expecting anything amazing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back