What was the point ??

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
During the World Heavyweight Championship match between Jeff Hardy & Edge at Judgment Day, Matt Hardy made a surprise appearance and clocked Jeff in the back of the head with his cast.

Ultimately, it was decided by JR & Cole that Jeff Hardy lost the match because his equilibrium was screwed up by the cast shot.

With each Hardy on a separate show, Jeff on Smackdown - Matt on Raw, and with the supposed "brand exclusive clause", what was the point ??

Plus, I thought their feud was done after their match at Backlash.

Thoughts ??

I could have sworn the feud was over myself. Though, i guess since Matt's a heel now, he has to fuck with his brother's world title matches all the time now.

1) They could be trying to get the cast over as a legit tactic. So far Matt's really only used it on Kofi, and Kofi made sure Matt knew never to try that again. But really, how big of an accomplishment is it to knock out Kofi Kingston with a cast? Now that Jeff Hardy was knocked out/knocked off his "equilibrium", the cast looks legit. It made a main eventer lose his match, as opposed to a mid-carder who has one IC title reign.

2) They could be working for another Edge/Hardy match at the next ppv. Something about "wah, I got hit with a cast, wah." It'll work in a pinch. Edge and Hardy in a TLC could bring the house down, even though it seems as though they've fought a lot as of now.

3) They're working in a Edge tweener/face turn. Edge didn't actually cheat this time, Matt did. Edge didn't even know Matt did what he did. This could be a way to work us into an Edge that actually wins title matches, haha. Edge can't be a face if he never wins, just as Edge can't be a face if he always cheats to win titles.

they probably just dont want to put the belt on jeff since he is probably leaving once his contract expires...

Hang on wasn't there something about Edge going into Vickies Office at Judgement Day i mean she is General Manager of RAW maybe Edge was asking Vickie for Help.

yea, i agree with Samualdude.
Edge went to Vickie for help.
She probably sent Matt Hardy.
Perhaps in return, Vickie will also give Matt Hardy a U.S. Title shot.

It was stupid. I couldn't believe it.

If they didn't want Jeff to win, have it end some other way. I hated the idea of Matt coming in here and fucking up his match. Completely pointless. Either have Edge win in one of his usual ways or have Jeff get the title. There was NO reason for Matt to be there, he should be focussing on MVP or Kofi, not giving a repeat of Armageddon. This really iritated me.

I hope they don't draw out anything more between Matt and Jeff. Their feud was great and i loved it but it wasn't going to get any better than it did, I really hope they don't continue it and they have seperate feuds.

No idea why WWE made this decision, no idea.

I think it is being used as either/both of these ideas. Get Matt Hardy even more hated b/c he cost Jeff the title. Maybe they didn't know how to have Edge win w/o having something similar to the other title match ending(DQ). Edge doing something "illegal" to win/keep his belt.

The other reason that I think is to keep the Hardy fued going. Maybe the matches between them will be over for some time, but the fighting between them doesn't have to be. Maybe something can happen between them every PPV. Jeff could attack Matt at ONS or they can get into a backstage fight at GAB. Have one of them eliminate the other from the royal rumble and the eliminated one cost the match for the other one and have them fight up the ramp and to backstage. Keep the problems between them going at PPVs and then when it finally becomes to much of a problem, let them have another match at WM. They could make up for the last one by getting more time and giving everyone the show stealing match that they are capable of.

I didn't understand it fully myself either. I see that Matt could still want to screw over Jeff, he has a long string of that, just because Jeff beat him wouldn't cause him to stop. But the thing that got me wondering is why did it happen at that stage of the match. Why didn't Matt hit him to end it. It would have gotten the full heel effect on Matt, and the full Jeff Hardy was screwed.

Jeff wasn't screwed in that match if he gets hit by a weapon a few minutes before the ending. He should have hit him, had Edge roll him into the ring, and win the match. Now it is just a moot point really, as Jeff should have been able to recover.

Was the feud over? I thought because Matt broke his arm that the feud was kind of left in the air. Put on pause so to speak.

Come on guys it is completely logical, even if the feud is over, Jeff broke Matt's hand after he quit already. If Edge asked Vicky a favor she probably asked Matt to apply and as one last shot to Jeff he did.

Now of course they didn't want to put the belt on Jeff unless he signs again, is just the way the business is.

I reckon they did it purely because the next PPV is extreme rules and they want those two to have a lead part with them being the innovators of the ladder match etc. I reckon they will have a brutal match at extreme rules and that will be the end of it.

I read they were looking into bringing a heel over to Smackdown. I guess Matt is that heel. Good move for him, it wouldn't have worked out for him on Raw.

The Brother vs. Brother feud still had legs, so did an alliance between Matt & Edge. I don't see the need for the WHC to be defended at each PPV, something like Matt/Edge vs. Jeff/Punk could make a good little mid card Smackdown main event for The Bash.

Miby it was just to try work Edges face persona that little bit more, hell when he won CLEANLY the first thing i thought was, "Wow when was the last time edge retained a title clean ?".

It was Matt hittin Jeff, and they can play off that Edge new nothing of it. Have Edge Vs Jeff at Extreme Rules in a ladder match or TLC or somthing, but slowly build up Edge as more of a tweener leading upto the PPV and then have him win cleanly again. Then one of the 2 could say there respect for each other for winning/makin that good a challange in the match and there you go, Edge becomes a Tweener/Face.

Personally Matt using the cast to cheat makes him look flat fucking pathetic. It makes him look like a pussy. He has to use his cast to win matches? Come on that is so stupid. It makes him look weak as hell. Let the damn thing heal then take it off!!!

If they have a match at extreme rules i will throw up. it should be Edge and Jeff NO INTERFERANCE from little bitch Matt Hardy. or have a Triple threat TLC or fatal four way i do not care.

Here an idea that nobody brought. Maybe the feud between Jeff and MAtt isn'T over because they want to keep their option open if Jeff decide to take a break after his contract expires. The fact is that Matt Hardy said last month that he would not rest until his brother disappear completly from the WWE. Sure Matt is on Raw and Jeff is on Smackdown but that doesn'T mean that they will never face each other again. It just mean that they can continue there feud without having to face each other on every PPV.

If i was a betting man, i would bet that Matt will face Jeff at Summerslam in a Loser Leaves town match. That way they could accomplish 2 things, first of all they could explain why Jeff Hardy isn't on Tv anymore and it would make MAtt HArdy a instant main event heel for forcing JEff out of the WWE.

Here an idea that nobody brought. Maybe the feud between Jeff and MAtt isn'T over because they want to keep their option open if Jeff decide to take a break after his contract expires. The fact is that Matt Hardy said last month that he would not rest until his brother disappear completly from the WWE. Sure Matt is on Raw and Jeff is on Smackdown but that doesn'T mean that they will never face each other again. It just mean that they can continue there feud without having to face each other on every PPV.

If i was a betting man, i would bet that Matt will face Jeff at Summerslam in a Loser Leaves town match. That way they could accomplish 2 things, first of all they could explain why Jeff Hardy isn't on Tv anymore and it would make MAtt HArdy a instant main event heel for forcing JEff out of the WWE.

I actually like that idea. But i don't want or think that Jeff would be that stupid to walk out of the biggest push of his life(and i heard from sources that he signed already, but nothing offical). For the Edge turning face, maybe but I don't see him as of yet. Just because he hasn't done any heelish thing in his matches, doesnt mean that a face turn is really the reason, other people have helped him win the matches. In fact, thats not even fully true because Edge cheated to get into the EC at NWO. But in his one on one matches, Matt and Show have been helping Edge for reasons that have nothing to do with Edge.

If Jeff does infact leave, then Jeff Vs Matt at Summerslam is the best option. But I have a very strange feeling that instead of Edge and Jeff at Extreme Rules, we might see another Jeff Vs Matt match, or even worse.....A triple threat with those three.

And the Lariat begins his education again. Sit down, folks. Pen and paper handy. Take some notes. This lesson is called Clean Finishes v/s Dirty Finishes.

Now, what was saw last night was called a 'Dirty Finish'. The term is used when a person wins by cheating, interference, DQ, or Count Out. A 'Clean Finish' is when the person pins another with no interference, DQ, or count out. It's a straight pin fall from a finisher.

The reason for a 'Dirty Finish' is because it makes BOTH competitors look good. Jeff looks good in defeat because it took Matt hitting him with a cast to lose the match. It makes Edge looks good because he pinned Jeff Hardy and retained the belt. NO one lost steam. Now, we all know that a clean win means the angle's over. If Edge pins Jeff cleanly, no interference, no nothing, the story's over. WITH a 'Dirty Finish', this means Edge and Jeff can wrestle again, and there will still be some momentum behind it.

"But Matt hit Jeff. They're going to be rivalz againz. Lulz Ballz"

NO, NO, NO. This just means that there had to be someone to cost Jeff the win and Matt was the only logical choice. He wasn't on the show at all, and they needed some Mattitude on the PPV, so he ran in, interfered with Jeff's match, and boom goes the win for Edge. See...THAT was the point in the intereference last night. Now, your assignment tonight is to watch Raw...and give a two page report on why Kennedy is the SAVIOR of Raw.

Class dismissed.

Didnt anyone else see Edge go into Vickies office for some reason?

The fact is i think he asked for Vickies help, I see this as a situation where she asked Matt and Matt obliged, shes probably gonna award Matt a title shot anytime his choosing on Raw, I wouldnt be surprised to see Matt at the next PPV taking out his brother for good so that they can use this as a way to end Jeffs WWE stint (If the Rumors are true) and give Matt the bragging rights of finally taking out his brother and making sure he never wrestles in the WWE again, it would leave an open storyline If and when Jeff chooses to return, this wasnt a bad thing i think it was a thing of brilliance.

Judgement day IMO was a solid PPV if i ever saw one and it was dominated by Smackdown, and with surprises like Flair and Matt i really feel that the WWE is on the right track, some may not agree with me but i think this time they did the right thing.

The point was the WWE kept saying how they want to keep the shows totally seperate and two different brands and they didn't want to let us go a month or so with us actually believing it. Simply put...they said "hey remember when we said like not quite a month ago we wanted to keep the 2 shows seperate?" "well... hahaha we lied." They're just truly running out of ideas to do anything original. The only actual reason I could see them doing this is to put Matt over because Jeff is still on the fence about hanging it up for a little while for a break. So Jeff's going to take a few for the team over the next months while his contract is running out.

i gotta admit the whole matt hardy interference was lame. i think the reason they did that was because jeff is supposedly leaving once his contract is up and because in almost every match Edge is in, he's won by cheating so i think they wanted to change the finish. I think the reason for it being Matt is to simply build him up as a top heel and by being able to brag about what he did to his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back