• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the last movie you saw?

I saw the movie 300 earlier today. It was very good. For a bootleg it had a clear picture but skipped a bit but nothing too bad. It had a lot of action in it but some parts were dumb. For example, I forgot the guys name but the main guy was very big and looked powerful but he got slaved to do his bidding. I wont spoil any of it for any you that are going to see it but it has some sexual content in it and such and a lot of gory scenes.

John Carpenter's Escape From New York. Me and one of my buddies spent the evening playing SW: Battlefront on PS2 and then we decided to eat junk food and watch Snake Plissken tear $hit up. Great film, I must say. Typical minimalist Carpenter flavor. Man, that guy used to be able to do so much with so little.

the last movie i saw was 300,it awesome,it has decapitations,naked women,awesome fight scenes and it is just a cool movie to watch,i'd go see it again,Gerald Butler did a very good job as the king guy,u should see it

I watched 300 today for the first time at the movies, I was really disappointed. Decapitations and naked women are for 12 year olds LukeRKO lol. It isn't worth shit when compared with the medieval / ancient war movies of the last 5 years (Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, etc.)

Right on Kasey, Carpenter is the fucking man. So is Snake Plissken. Here's to hoping the youngin's here actually know who the hell Snake Plissken is.

Last night I watched Coming to America for the first time in years on Comedy Central, god that movie so god damn hilarious. Eddie Murphy was the KING of comedy in the 80s, nobody was funnier then him.

- Eddie's character for the first time in New York on a balcony -
Eddie - HELLO NEW YORK! GOOD MORNING!
Random Man - FUCK YOU!
Eddie - YES! FUCK YOU TOO NEW YORK! - completely unaware of what fuck you means -

rofl

I just watched Miami Vice on DVD. Never went to see it in the cinema, very disappointing. Always sounded like it would be good, directed by Michael Mann, and with Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell, but really poor.

It was totally humourless, just too dark and a bit confusing to be honest.

The best things about it were Farrell's moustache and the Linkin Park & Jay-Z track 'Numb/Encore'

Just saw 28 Weeks Later... and let me tell you folks. It's a renter.

I was REALLY looking forward to it and in fact I watched 28 Days Later right before i went to see it to refresh my memory and show it to my friend... let me tell you something, when you finally see 28 Weeks, don't watch #1 before because it'll add to the disappointment, it's just that much better.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good and the story is interesting and original, I just feel like a lot more could've been done with it and there were some fundamental directing errors with it.

For starters, they use the shaky camera WAY too much... I know it's for the effect, but there's a limit until you start getting a little sick. They also do this think one scene with flashing strobe lights for like 5 minutes and again I had to turn away... completely unnecessary. So many other options and it's a minor thing.

The story is pretty good, well done, explains most things that happen between the two movies and some of our questions after the first movie, but I was annoyed with some of the science stuff they explain or don't explain (all I'm gonna say so I don't ruin it for anyone).

People are going to say that the movie was americanized, but this really was the best way to go when making this movie, the most logical solution, that the Americans would go in to clean things up. The ending was kind of annoying and iffy too.

The action was great though, great special effects and the zombies certainly don't disappoint.

Just a note... the opening scene to this movie is one of my favorite from any movie in a long time, extremely well done and kept me on the edge of my seat until it was done.

But it goes downhill fast from there... on top of everything I explained so far... there's just no main character until like 30 minutes in and it's just too cluttered and confused until then... and it's just unecessary.

A blog on another website, can't remember which one, says this movie as suffering from "blair witch project syndrome", and I totally agree... really fantastic first movie, then the second one just gets overrun by all the glam of hollywood.

I enjoyed it... but I was disapointed... I expected a lot more after having seen the first one, and thinking how far they coulda gone with this sequal. But it was certainly innovative and surprising.

6.5/10.

^Crazy, Prax. I loved the film...for what it was, though. Turbo-zombie fare of the Nth degree (just like 28 D.L. & the D.O.T.D. remake). I never watch these films expecting an airtight plot. I will say that this film has some of my favorite scenes of all time in it though. One word: Helicopter! As far as the plot goes, though? No different to me than what was seen in the original. The first film lost complete credibility with me when they didn't even explain what the "Rage" virus was in any sort of legitimate detail or what kinds of effects it has on the body. As far as comparing the two films? I like them evenly. The new one is a different beast and it's obvious that Danny Boyle wasn't behind the reigns on this one because it is definitely encapsulated in a grander scope and there is definitely a larger budget this go around. The character development was leaner for my taste, but on average, though, the set pieces and the pacing more than made up for it to me. On the whole, I give this one an A grade and I'm definitely buying it once on DVD. I'm actually going to go watch it again. For some reason, zombie movies scare the living hell out of me, and my genuine litmus test is how I feel during and after the film. I was honestly just as scared and overtly paranoid after watching this film as I was when I finished watching 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead, so it gets thumbs up from me.

Kasey, I think you're underestimating the symbolism that the first movie contained. I honestly thought it was a borderline masterpiece in that sense. I'll give you a couple of examples, one that ties in directly to what you said in your last post there. First of all, did you notice how no one (that I remember... other than maybe the soldiers) in the first one used a last name? That was indicative to how primal and basic the needs and actions of the surviving had become. I think it was brilliant.

Also there was Jim acting as if he was a zombie at the end of the first one...representing how primal his needs had become, again. Survival and nothing but. They essentially made Jim a zombie in the first one, which is something I've never seen done before. Blur the lines of protagonist and antagonist by making your main character act like the bloody enemy (pun intended).

As for them not explaining the origins or effects of the Rage virus with any detail, that, again, was part of the brilliance of the film. There was no one in the movie who knew anything about the Rage virus, other than what had been explained in the newspapers before the evacuation. For them to tell you what the Rage virus does would be a complete anachronism. The Rage virus represented more the fear of the characters and the unknown than it did represent a virus or a disease, and that's partially why I liked 28DL so much.

In the second one... they could've made a little more of an effort to explain to us the disease, but again, it's fair to assume they didn't know much about the disease still. It's obviously a different time and people think differently, they know what humankind and this virus is capable of doing, so you can't use the same symbolism I explained above in the sequel.

But don't get me wrong,I was pretty scared and had a nightmare that night after seeing 28WL (to be fair I had also watched 28DL right before), and I agree that some of the scenes, especially in terms of action, in this sequel will be stuff of legends some day. Like I said, the opening scene is now one of my favorite scenes in any movie. They pace it sooooo well. Also the helicopter scene and the firebombing scene were completely ridiculous.

I might just end up buying it eventually, but I sincerely think 28 Days Later was much better. like I said, 28WL suffered from something along the lines of "blair Witch Syndrome". Too big of a budget, too flashy compared to the first one. I expected those things I guess, as it was the necessary step coming out of the first one, but it kinda ruined the symbolism and brilliance of the first one (which I honestly think could be one of the best zombie movies of all time).

Oh well... I'd watch it again I guess, lol... but not before all of the blockbusters coming out this summer. LIVE FREE AND DIE HARD MOTHERFUCKER.

Wow, just got done watching Pan's Labyrinth, amazing flick. I loved it, and can't stop talking about it. A movie that is just completly amazing visually and story telling wise. You really don't get a feel for Pan until the end of the movie. I made the mistake of having to sit through Bridge to Terabithia, and this movie blows it away in every aspect.

I can't recommend this movie enough.

Kasey, I think you're underestimating the symbolism that the first movie contained...
Solid points. Most of my first impressions of the latest film was actually along some of these lines. I figured that the undertones involved within the story in terms of character metamorphosis was a lot less significant this time around (depending on how you look at it, though). The newer film can also be wrapped in messagery (just look at how fast the populace goes from being valuable citizens to expendable target practice). In 28DL Cillian's character was definitely changed (or warped depending on who you ask) in the end and I know that a lot of folks missed that part, but that was honestly my favorite scene in the movie (basically when he went feral and jammed his thumbs into that *******'s eyes). I just felt that the first film missed the boat by even having an intro involving angry chimps who give birth to a supervirus by watching violent TV. I would've honestly have just rathered there by no explanation given than a shitty one (I felt, at least). It's like a sprinter who trips out of the starting block only to run his ass off once he gets up. He runs great...but not perfectly. Otherwise, though, I think Danny put together a flick that is a hell of a lot smarter than most would ever give credit to the genre for. It's very layered and even though it's a very simple story, because the characters are put out there in such a sturdy manner, it gives the most simple of horror stories massive resonance.

Granted, the characters aren't knowledgeable of the fourth wall typically, but since I am, I don't like having my intelligence insulted in that aspect. I'd rather the excuse be a nearly metaphysical one like in some of the other standard zombie fare, or just something completely unexplainable that would keep us just as out of the loop as the characters. Not taking away from the film, because that's honestly the only blemish I'd put on something I'd otherwise consider a work of art that transcends the genre and is definitely worthy of all the praise it got. Hell, if I did a fan cut, I'd just segue straight to Jim waking in the middle of the hospital. I feel it'd have a greater resonance to a first time viewer because no one would know what the hell is going on at all...until he stumbles into the church.

As far as the symbolic nature of their simplistic needs, it's nothing I haven't seen before in nearly every decent zombie flick. That's the basic premise of the good ones, anyway. Look at Romero's movies. Hell, no one in any of his flicks is even remotely worried about all the piddly crap of their mundane daily existences. Just staying alive, finding shelter, weaponry, and food. So on that front, it goes with the territory. Just like with the names. They usually don't make a passing remark edgewise in most of those films (just the limp-dicked attempts like Resident Evil). Same with the decision-making processes. People are always cutthroat and primal in those films and they act so damn irrationally that you get a full glimpse of how twisted human nature can get when someone is put under duress of this caliber.

On another note? I hope Die Hard owns. I really loved the third one and I'm totally marking out for the next installment.

The new Die Hard is going to be a kid's film. The one piece of swearing will be the one piece of the first film that doesn't need repeating. I think it's going to be more like a comedy. The cast is bad man. Justin Long's fine in comedys. And Tim Olyphant is ok but there hardly Die Hard material. And as much as I want to bone Mary Elizabeth Winstead I dont need to see Mclaine's daughter in an action movie.

The last movie I watched, was the Sandlot.

I loved that movie when I was a little kid. It really brought back a sense of nostalgia. My brother has that same thing with Transformers. It took me ages to track this movie down. Yeah, I could have downloaded it for free, but I'm not poor (and not smart enough it would seem) enough to do it. So, I finally found it in Big W the other day, and bought it. It was in one of those little kids DVD cases, but it's still the same movie.

So I watched it, and realised that some parts I probably didn't get when I was little. It is a decent movie for the pre-adolescent group, and even some teens. It's short enough to keep you interested, and I particularly enjoyed it because I could vaguely remember what happened from watching it earlier. I never get baseball, but luckily, it wasn't all about it. The fat kid (there's always the one fat guy) was the funniest character though. The movie did have some great bits, and I'm glad I paid for the movie. It got boring and unrealistic towards the end, but it was a good little movie. I'm glad I bought it. Not much of a review, but I didn't feel like posting it.

I should have a review up of 'The Little Rascals Movie' soon. That is another kiddies one that I used to watch all the time on the VCR. The tape is completely worn out, so we found that DVD. Another nostalgia fix. Hopefully an enjoyable one, but this could be stretching the age barrier of finding it enjoyable at my age.

I last saw The Number 23.I really enjoyed that movie.But I am the one in my family who always likes off the wall type movies.And who knew Jim Carrey can act! After I saw Batman and Robin I really thought any other movie he was in would cause me to lose my popcorn.Just rented the new TMNT and have high hopes.Tried to watch Pathfinder but I dont know if I was just in the wrong mood or if it was really slow to start.I'll have to try it again another time.

I watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry. That movie was very good!8)

The Bourne Ultimatum, fucking bad ass, just plain bad ass, if you like the first two you will love this one, it's non stop action from beginning to end, great flick, go see it now

Rush Hour 3....i saw it like 4 hours ago!!

then the last movie i saw was chuck and larry....both incredible movies!!

The last movie I seen was: "Superbad"

Very nice comedy, I laughed so hard in spots that I literally had tears. Its definately one I'll be buying the minute it comes out on DVD. In fact, it was so funny (to me) I'd consider spending $7.50 to go see it again.

Just a random extra note. They aren't movies that are out yet, but I'm excited to see "Resident Evil: Extinction," "Saw 4," "Mr. Woodcock," & "Good Luck, Chuck."

Rob Zombie's Halloween: FUCKING great movie, I loved it from the beginning to the end. Daeg Faerch did a GREAT job as Little Michael, and gotta love the soundtrack! Also, Sherri Moon Zombie did a great job as Michael's Mom Deborah, and man...she is HOT!
A little bit (just a wee bit ;))dark, but hey, i dont have 20/20 vision... ;) j/k, but in the end, it filled my expectatives. Buying it on DVD when's out.
4/5

transamerica - it' a great film only beacuse of the terrific performance of felicity but besides that the movie is at times boring but felicity huffman brings the movie to a whole different level

I Saw Superbad This Weekend And It WAs Hillarious And I Have To Agree With What TheOneBigWill Said As I Was Laughing From Start To Finish
Mclovin Is The Best And Makes The Movie 9.5/10

I seen Resident Evil Extinction. And I wanna say. give me a refund. It was terrible. I advise anyone that doesnt eat glue to not see this movie

Last movie I saw in theatres was Death Sentence and the last DVD I watched was Wedding Crashers.

the last movie I saw was fantasic 4: rise of the silver surfer. overall an entertaining movie nothing spectacular but kept me watichin and interested

Disturbia: thriller with shia labeuf about a kid who is home for the summer on house arrest and suspects his neighbor is a killer great movie that really keeps you in it the whole way highly recommended

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back