What to do with the Hardys?

• Keep them as they are in a tag team

• Bray/Matt tag team and Jeff goes solo

• Stable with Bray Wyatt

• Both go solo

• Hardy vs Hardy feud

• Other (please state if you want)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jeff Hardy should be coming back anytime now. His brother has already been "woken". So what do you do after Jeff returns? Do you throw them back together? Or do you have them go solo? Or feud with each other?

My thoughts
Jeff Hardy is a made main eventer and his name sells as a singles competitor, while Matt is the one with the new character that needs build-up and investment. I think they should head to different brands and work as singles talent.

With Jeff Hardy there are so many dream matches you can do. Rollins, Cena, Styles, Reigns, Ambrose in an Extreme Rules match, Shane in a Who Dies First match, Nakamura, Balor in a war of face paint match. Of course all that can happen and be great IF Hardy can get his old magic aura back. I think he has one more nostalgia run in him.

As for Matt, the woken gimmick can become much more entertaining than what it is now. Of course given we're dealing with the WWE, the place where nothing ever reaches full potential and just stays good, I doubt it will get better than what it is now. With that being said, pair Hardy with Wyatt. That's an idea that has been going around in my head and on these forums for a while. First of all, Wyatt has nobody else to face other than Styles, Lesnar and Strowman. He has faced them all and he has beat the-.. Oh wait. Anyway he's faced Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Y2J, Orton, Undertaker, Kane, Ambrose, Balor. And the WWE always goes the same route with him. 3 matches, he either wins 2 or loses 2. He's turned into the new Sheamus. So pair them up and see what these two creeps can do.

Another interesting idea would be to mix up Bray Wyatt with the Hardys and create a new stable, the Woken Family. This way you get every option into one bowl: The Hardys as a team, Bray and Matt as a team, Jeff could also do solo work while being in the stable. In fact any of the three could do solo work when needed. Who wouldn't want to see these 3 against the New Day or against the Balor Cub?

Whatever you do WWE, just don't do another Hardy vs Hardy feud.

What are your thoughts??

I think the best way going forward...

Jeff Hardy moves to Smackdown after he returns and goes solo

Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt form a tag team and stay on Raw

I'm torn between keeping them as a team or having Bray Wyatt & Matt Hardy form a team while Jeff Hardy goes solo.

As far as the first option goes, the Hardy Boyz are at a time in their lives when I can easily see WWE using them primarily for nostalgic purposes. Jeff turned 40 the end of August last year while Matt turns 44 this September, but they still have value as a tag team. Jeff has the better shot of a higher profile singles career at this point when you consider he was in the midst of the biggest push of his career when he left WWE and his popularity was at its peak. Matt, on the other hand, will always be remembered as a tag team or mid-card singles wrestler; I'm aware that Matt has a couple of brief runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion but only after looking it up because not only were they forgettable but TNA hasn't been relevant in years.

As far as teaming Matt Hardy with Bray Wyatt, I could see it as a means of turning Bray Wyatt babyface so maybe that'd inject some fresh energy into Bray's act or maybe it'd just kill it altogether.

There are no obvious first challengers for Reigns after Wrestlemania, except against Balor, unless they recycle one of his previous feuds. Give him a mini-feud with Jeff on whatever show comes after Mania. He's popular, won't hurt him to lose, and he can then move to Smackdown or be paired with Matt after.

I voted both go solo, Matt Hardy and his Woken gimmick can stay in the mid to low card area for all I care. It sucks and he's really stiff looking in the ring, like he can't bend his legs or something, it's awkward looking. I don't think he really has the freedom to make the gimmick work in WWE like he had in TNA, it's suffering because of it.

Older Jeff Hardy proved he can still put on a serviceable one on one match with people. Give him some big feuds to close out his career. There's still big one on one Jeff Hardy matches out there that fans would want to see I'm sure. AJ Styles, K.O, Nak, Roman, Seth... I don't believe he's had one on one's with any of those wrestlers. He could be a good semi part timer to build feuds around that wouldn't need a championship either.

Put em with Bray and let them run on relatively equal terms. Bray could, in a general aspect, be considered the "leader", but the Hardy's would be much more in charge of their own fates than Harper/Rowan ever were. I mean, this woken gimmick isn't going to elevate Matt to the main event, and while a Jeff solo run could be fun (and probably should happen), I feel like the Hardy's could be better used in aiding an underused talent like Wyatt. I'd much prefer this to putting them together and having them put over every team in the division like The Dudleys did.

The smarks may be getting tired of Bray's shtick, but he's still somebody that should be used a lot better. Putting him with the Hardy's and actually pushing the group could make him a fun challenger down the road for Reigns.

Milk that Jeff Hardy solo run and eventual feud leading to a blow off match with Matt, Induct them into the Hall of Fame. Get rid of them and let them do whatever they want with music, art, and TNA / ROH / Whatever again. I'd do that keeping entertainment in mind and if you lay it out smartly it's effective without interfering in current plans with the current top / young stars they have that are rather not so established right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back