What to do with Sheamus

SunnyD

Occasional Pre-Show
Is Sheamus working as a baby face? Sure he's been pretty good, few titles under his belt since he turned good guy, but heel Sheamus is definitely a more interesting Sheamus. Few quick options for him off the top of my mind:

-Badass heel picking off faces, taking BNB's spot and possibly getting WHC shots. That's how he debuted and he could easily fall back to his roots. Maybe debut an NXT talent like Zayn who can one up Sheamus in tags, leading to a heel turn.
-Join the authority. He's one of Trip's guys too.
-European stable. Cesaro, Barrett, Neville, Paige, to name a few. Could go over well, maybe with Regal as the mouthpiece.
-Take a page out of Edge and Lita's book and start dating Paige. Two pale heel brawlers from United Kingdom. I'm no Eharmony but this I believe Lita played a big role in Edges ascension to the top and I don't see why these two can't do the same.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Sheamus has been nothing but stale as of recent.

the Edge/Lita thing worked because they actually were banging and Matt Hardy had got mad at being dumped, so both Edge & Lita had tons of legit heat from the start. The Authority doesn't need anyone else.

But yeah, Sheamus as a badass heel is just so much better than Sheamus as a face. Let him do this thing. Cut him loose, WWE - please.

(interesting thought - a heel Sheamus vs a face Swagger for the US title? Could be pretty awesome)

I've never been a fan of his but I think the problem is that he has nothing right now >< the moment he won the title they're like, that's good enough. Your storyline is champ holding the belt no one wants to fight for. I don't think he needs to be heel, I think he needs a storyline altogether. If Swagger loses to Rusev, maybe have Sheamus step in and feud with him. I don't know and personally I don't care, he just needs a storyline at this point

I've never been a fan of his but I think the problem is that he has nothing right now >< the moment he won the title they're like, that's good enough. Your storyline is champ holding the belt no one wants to fight for. I don't think he needs to be heel, I think he needs a storyline altogether. If Swagger loses to Rusev, maybe have Sheamus step in and feud with him. I don't know and personally I don't care, he just needs a storyline at this point

I agree to a lot of this. He needs a storyline more than anything. As soon as a talent gets a midcard belt, he's forgotten and given nothing to work with. At least they've started something with IC title in last couple months. Why not with the US title?

Sheamus works best as a bad ass heel, but before they turn him, they need him to do something. He's had nothing going in last couple months. I don't remember his last title defense. Otherwise no turn or alliance can resurrect him at this time.

Quite honestly, in the current WWE (current Roster + Storylines ) there isn't a place to fill with a guy like Sheamus so you don't have many options.

1 Thing you could do is have Sheamus form a tag team with a young guy like Big E or Sami Zayn and have the Gunner/James Storm feud from TNA work into Sheamus's Storyline. Sheamus takes the young guy under his wing but than is jealous that the young guy is a bit better than him. This leads to a meltdown for Sheamus and than he blasts his tag partner with the US Title. This leads to a feud with Sheamus and a young guy who he can help get over by dropping the title to.

2. Have Sheamus start a major losing streak to a guy like Zack Ryder. Sheamus says maybe he's lost his fire and that maybe he just needs some time off. He goes back to Ireland and clips are shown of him turning grumpy and meaner towards his family due to his inability to the win now a days. He grows a beard ( no not a Wyatt Family Beard ) and comes back to the WWE when he gets a notice that he must either defend the title or surrender it. He says to hell with the US and its title and goes to smash it with a hammer when Swagger makes the save and challenges him for the title.

3. JUST MAKE THE EUROPEAN FACTION ALREADY!!

Sheamus says maybe he's lost his fire and that maybe he just needs some time off.

Or maybe he regains his fire through a series of trials (in-ring and out) that spurs his level of intensity to what it was before his injury. Once again, just about everyone claims the performer being discussed would be preferable as a heel. Maybe Sheamus would.....or maybe not. I think he's done marvelously well as a good guy....gets good receptions from the fans and fills the need for a face who can work in roughhouse fashion instead of high-flying maneuvers.

At present, Sheamus is admittedly stuck in one place, although that place isn't a bad one. He beats just about everyone except guys at the absolute top of the card. Yes, he was sacrificed to Randy Orton, who beat him cleanly. We know the reason for this; Orton needed a win over a top contender to solidify his position going into Summerslam.

You might say; that's fine for Randy, but what about Sheamus? I say his rep isn't hurt at all by losing to a top-notch performer like Orton.

Admittedly, Sheamus is in a rut and needs a spark, but instead of turning him bad to accomplish this, I think Creative could use his current malaise to provide him with a character-jolt in which he uses the slump to find something within himself that has been missing. Bang.....he's off to the races again.

I think it would be believable; he's a huge man with a reputation for toughness, grinds out his ring performances with guts and gusto.....and he already has the goods as a former world champion.

Keep him face and let him shine.

I personally don't mind Sheamus but feel his babyface character is too similar to Cena at times.
I really liked him when he was his heel character and feel that suits him better, maybe once he drops the US title he will turn heel and get more involved in the main event picture!

Sheamus to me is just one of those guys who is just well.....there. Yes he's big, he's a brawler but then that description could fit a number of other wrestlers.

Ever since he debuted, I've felt the same way about him. His first title run was dismal and I feel that it hurt him more than it helped. Since then with injuries and whatnot, he just seems to be floating around, and is one of those guys that they insert into a match if they need someone.

It's a shame really, because the guy has talent, he was King of the Ring, has a good moveset, but they just don't seem to know what to do with him. He should have won more titles than he already has, but injuries have held him back. If they could come up with a good story for him that would help, but that hasn't happened yet, and with other's close on his heels, don't see it happening anytime soon

If WWE ultimately wants to keep Sheamus as a babyface, I think they should go the route of putting him through various trials and tribulations like Sally suggested. It's been about a year now since Sheamus was injured and was out of action for the rest of 2013, so I think they could use that as part of a story.

For instance, Sheamus has become complacent and has lost that drive that ultimately made him a 3 time World Champion in WWE. He wants to get it back because he feels he's spinning his wheels. I'm thinking that what truly makes this realization come home to him is after dropping the United States Championship and failing to regain it. As a result, he becomes more of a tweener and less of the jovial, Irish lug that he's been for the past few years. Personally, I think he's long since gone as far as that character can. Sheamus realizes that he's gotten a bit soft and resolves to get back to where he belongs in the coming year. I'm not saying that they should slap the WWE WHC on him anytime soon, or that he should even be champ. That might change, however, if such an angle made him an interesting character again.

A similar storyline could also be used as part of a heel turn, which is something a lot of fans have wanted to see done with him for a while. I really enjoyed Sheamus as a heel, it just seemed to fit well with him a lot more so than a character that's half an Irish jig and one case of domestic battery away from being a full blown stereotype.

Hopefully, the Swagger vs Rusev feud is over for good and Rusev will now challenge for the US title. Seems logical enough.

A Rusev vs Sheamus feud would be interesting enough for NoC,lMO.

As for what he does after...not sure,tbh... Sheamus and Del Rio were in similar positions, in that the top of the card is too crowded for them to be there. I'd guess he puts over guys like Reigns,Ambrose,etc...whilst fighting for either MidCard title for the near future.

It depends on whether they want to keep as a face or heel.

I think he's just in the same position Orton was in from 2012-summer 2013, stuck in mid card limbo.

If he stays a face, all that is left for him to do is put over Rusev so that he can become US Champion.

I'm hoping he turns heel because there's so many more interesting things you can do with him - feud with Ziggler to unify the IC and US titles again, becomes The Authority's new muscle in keeping Reigns out of the WWE WHC title hunt since Orton failed, feud with Orton/Ambrose if The Authority kicks Orton out/Rollins move on from Ambrose.

It depends on whether they want to keep as a face or heel.

I think he's just in the same position Orton was in from 2012-summer 2013, stuck in mid card limbo.

If he stays a face, all that is left for him to do is put over Rusev so that he can become US Champion.

I'm hoping he turns heel because there's so many more interesting things you can do with him - feud with Ziggler to unify the IC and US titles again, becomes The Authority's new muscle in keeping Reigns out of the WWE WHC title hunt since Orton failed, feud with Orton/Ambrose if The Authority kicks Orton out/Rollins move on from Ambrose.

Just don't unify the titles now, Ziggler would have to win or the IC title would look like garbage in my eyes. Miz held it for a month, Ziggler holds it for a month...wait how long did Barrett hold it for? I know he got injured but this is hot potato to the extreme

Heel turn with Sheamus becoming the old Sheamus, the Sheamus of old, the ruthless, barbaric Sheamus that first came on to the scene in 2009 that shocked the world way back in 2009 when he beat John Cena to become the first-ever Irish-born WWE Champion and with Sheamus becoming that guy again he might actually have a chance at being successful again

There are enough heels already. Keep Sheamus face, but make him the ass kicking Sheamus that won his first world title. Just have him be a ruthless ass kicker against heels. Have the Miz go on about his 'moneymaker' then have Sheamus take him down and punch the crap out of him etc. He shouldn't play up to the crowd, he should just kick some ass, as long as he has the right opponents, he can stay a face and do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back