What To Do With Sheamus?

bk555

Olympic Gold Medalist
Sheamus has been riding a lot of momentum lately and seems to be the most over face on Smackdown right now. But for weeks, he has only participated in meaningless squash matches and/or useless segments with Hornswoggle.

I personally think Sheamus is a world of talent and has the potential to be a big time champion in the near future.

So my question to you is:
What do you do with Sheamus Now?

Do you make him win the Royal Rumble? Do you give him a grudge match at WM? If so with who?

you raise a valid point, sheamus does have the most star power aside from randy orton of course. i hope that this will be the Celtic warriors year because he has loads of talent and potential but to be honest the wwe seem's to have other things on the go and sheamus is being tossed to the back. honestly he should win the royal rumble (maybe come in half way through and eliminate everyone to get some momentum) and go on to have a feud with the reigning world heavy weight champion at the time, or hell, even go after the US championship. he could have a good feud with jack swagger or Zack Ryder. or hell toss sheamus and drew into the elimination chamber match and have drew screw sheamus out of the title and then Daniel Bryan retains then put sheamus into a BIG feud with drew, in which he puts drew over and drew puts him over and can further drew as a heel and maybe make him more relevant and put over sheamus as a face. it's just an idea mind you but it could work.

Sheamus should definitely win this years Royal Rumble and then go on to face and defeat the World Champion at WM28 becoming the face of Smackdown. I think he should pretty much dominate in the RR setting a new record for more eliminations in one Rumble. He should come up just short of winning the title at Elimination Chamber but whoever wins has to be a heel so Sheamus can get the awesome face win over the heel champ at WM28.

There's plenty to do with Sheamus right now. He has World Heavyweight Championship written all over him. It's the question of when the WWE will give him something relevant enough to do other than pointless squashes and Jinder Mahal matches?

On Smackdown this week, we got a glimpse of what could possibly be Smackdown's main event future when Wade Barrett and Sheamus stood nose to nose in the with one another. These two seem to have chemistry and a feud could potentially lead to better things for both Sheamus and Wade Barrett. Barrett definitely needs to be kicked off his high horse and what a better way to do that then pitting these two together as opponents. Sheamus is massively over; Wade needs some of the heat Sheamus will bring toward him. Sheamus is far too over to do mediocre things with Jinder Mahal.

Sheamus is the answer to Orton's absence on Smackdown. While he doesn't have the presence Orton brought along with him to the blue brand, Sheamus is certainly over enough for the position of the brand's top face. Ever since Christian was injured, Sheamus has had nothing relevant to do other than beating down the occasional jobber. He's far too over to just simply waste. The WWE needs to quickly capitalize of his popularity. Quickly have Sheamus fill Orton's role by pitting him against Barrett in a series of matches. Now with Orton and Christian gone, the WWE is bound to put these two foreigners together for a great feud. Sheamus and Daniel Bryan are over just enough for the brand to survive without Orton for some time. With Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett as their corresponding foes, I could see great things in Smckdown's future.

I would love Sheamus to win the Rumble. He is one of my picks aside from Barrett and Jericho. I definitely think Sheamus should win though. Imagine how he would look with that World Title?

I am not sure if it should be Daniel Bryan facing him at Mania though as we have seen that match countless times and actually was even supposed to be on the card last year but got scrapped. I think a program with Wade Barrett is in order for the big title showdown at Mania if Randy isn't ready by Mania. I could easily see Barrett getting the title before Mania and I think that would be a good build up and match with the two foreigners. It would be different at least.

Besides, Rock vs Cena is going to/has sold the damn show already so it's not like WWE should worry about what other matches are on the undercard. It's time to test the waters with different match ups.

I agree with the people who are saying that Sheamus should win the Royal Rumble. This makes sense for a number of reasons. First of all, with Daniel Bryan's heel turn nearing full force, we will be in need of a good face to chase the title. With Big Show likely to be entering a program with Shaq, Sheamus will be that guy.

Making Sheamus the face of SmackDown will allow Randy Orton to go back to RAW and turn heel if the WWE so chooses.

I think if you want to Sheamus to be one of the top dogs in the WWE he has to be the face of Smackdown now and when Orton comes back. However that means WWE would have to make him win the Rumble or Elimination Chamber and do some other big things with the bloke. They have to go all out on him. He can't just always be second fiddle to Randy Orton.

Sheamus has alot of momentum at the moment and the fans are really enjoying him, so the WWE need to take this opportunity and capitalize on it. I haven't been a fan of him but I cant deny that he has some good in ring ability and can work the mic rather well. He is in his prime and wasting everything on Randy would be stupid. I am not saying he needs to takeover Randy's job, I am just simply saying that they both need to be the alpha dog on the SD roster.

If you were making a Top 5 list of superstars to win the Rumble, no doubt Sheamus would be in it. With that being said, no way Sheamus wins the Rumble. That either goes to Y2J for bragging rights against Punk(and completely filling out his wrestling resume), or Orton to get hot shotted to the main event(and far away from the "you punch me, I punch you for 8-10 minutes fued" he had with Barrett. Boring!).

This is Mania time. Big name time. With Sheamus ability, he'll get to the limelight one day, but not this year. You saw what he did in the MITB PPV: he & Rhodes put on the best performance of the SD match even though Bryan won it. If they bring that match back to Mania, he'll be in it again this year.

I hate how the E pushes new upper card/main event talent, but how they've done Sheamus the past few months have been enjoyable for me. He shows personality in his brute force, & he seems to be the "show up, kick ass, leave" character that is always a favorite of mine(sure he'll tell you about wee ol' Ireland every once in awhile, but I dont listen to that). Now that he's been put on a pedestal, I enjoy to see inferior talent(Mahal, Slater, Barret, Miz) openly challenge him. It may make for an interesting story during the Rumble.

But to answer the question, what to do with Sheamus? I say have him, Barrett, Y2J, Cena, Ryder, & Cody(if he's not in a match already. If so, throw Kane in there) be the last 6 in the rumble with Sheamus eliminating Barrett, then Barrett helps Y2J from being thrown out and helping him eliminate Sheamus. Let that fued marinate in main attraction matches like Elimination Chamber & MITB at WM28, then they can have an Ireland vs. England Brawl at extreme rules.

It does make you wonder what's in store for Sheamus... he has the momentum of a runaway freight train in recent months but week after week nothing has materialized. He's only being kept relevant by appearances like with this sporadic program with Mahal.

Smackdown can't build interesting feuds though... the only ones fans seem to care about are World Title matches or something with Orton. I can't for the life of me figure out what he was up to while building this momentum though. Henry's Hall of Pain thing worked really well and a Sheamus/Henry program would've worked pretty well while they were doing Orton/Barrett.

Then again, who remembers not long ago Sheamus "being buried week after week"? I think he'll be a bigger part of Smackdown as Mania draws near. I can't imagine they'll have that [talented] Bryan nerd holding the title still in April...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back