What the hell is with the white Raw ring ropes?!?!

Takerfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
Not much description needed really, I'm sure everyone has noticed it. And sorry if anyone has posted this before, which I assume someone would have, but I haven't seen one myself so I'm posting this one.

I thought they were just for the UK show, but they have used it every week since and I do not like it at all.

Raw is RED, it has always been red, WHY are they changing tradition by giving Raw shitty white ring ropes. I know some might say it is only ring ropes but it is more than that, they are part of Raws image, it is one of those things that should NOT be changed. Is anyone else completely against it?

I'm actually a big fan of the white ropes. It's different now. Makes it stand out more in my eyes. I love the yellow NXT ropes too. I have no problem with the white ring ropes on Raw. I think they're better than the red ropes.

i agree RAW IS RED always has been or aleast since i started watching RAW-RED SMACKDOWN-BLUE thats how its all been that was one of things that made them two show unique the white ropes are just plain and stupid

Ropes are just ropes, but if I must compare.... Red ropes are boring and they've run their course. I like the white ropes. They give a fresh look. Besides, the RAW logo is red and white, therefore white ropes still fit with the RAW theme.

Haha i noticed this too, they used to be white on nxt but now raw has them and the nxt ropes are yellow. I dont really care what color the ropes are really, it still looks good, i mean it still matches, atleast raw didnt change its rope to orange or green or something.

red ropes are a lot better, but again the white ropes arent much of a problem, it doesnt take away from the theme, although they should have a mix of red and white, but whatever, it doesnt bother me, ropes are ropes.

they are just ring ropes. but i get what you're saying. there is a certain image and even color scheme to the different shows. raw is red and smackdown is blue, so it does make sense to keep the ropes red.

don't think it's worth a whole thread, but it is amusing to me that others noticed this.

semi-off-topic, anyone remember the old days when the ropes were red, white and blue? that could be one way to go... representing raw, nxt and smackdown. of course, then nxt would have to get the white ropes back and we'd have another thread asking why they changed from white to yellow back to white.

This thread is hilarious... They're.... They're just ropes.

No. You just fail to see the significance of them. Raw has been red since it debuted in 1991, red is associated with Raw, it is one of those sentimental things that just should not change. Red is Raw, Smackdown is blue, just like peep4life said. It is tradition, it is not just a colour.

Besides, the RAW logo is red and white, therefore white ropes still fit with the RAW theme.

The Raw logo is Red, not red and white....

First of all, Bravo on the thread, great thread...they are JUST ropes, but in a way white is good colour, i mean great american bash they used blue, white and red, but even for Raw which is red, white ropes are good...it's good to have change...maybe they'll change back soon..or next week.

No. You just fail to see the significance of them. Raw has been red since it debuted in 1991, red is associated with Raw, it is one of those sentimental things that just should not change. Red is Raw, Smackdown is blue, just like peep4life said. It is tradition, it is not just a colour.

You know, except those first 5 years or so, when the ropes were red, white, and blue, and the logo was red and white. Outside of that time frame, you're absolutely right, Raw has been Red. But the ropes change periodically. Get over it.

Funny someone made this thread. I was just arguing this to a friend last Monday because it really does matter. Raw's secondary color is white, but the ropes should be red. It looks better and that's the primary color that defines Raw and actually Raw's secondary color is black actually and has been for a long time. My mistake. The third color is white. Smackdown's secondary color is white actually. So the white ropes ARE a definate mistake.

I hate the little changes because I'm a guy who pays attention to detail. Everything! This is like how I see too many girls cutting their hair lately as if all girls can rock that look and they cant. You could say it's just hair, but for some chicks the long hair looks better on them as opposed to short.

A guy may wanna change his hair color and it doesnt look right as well, but it's just hair you could say, but it doesnt look right.

I'd just prefer Raw's natural rope color, not the red white and blue ropes because those ropes should only be used during the 4th of July or SNME maybe, but red ropes are THE ropes imo and red white & blue just didnt cut it. That to me is like a wrestler trying to find the gimmick the works and the first one didnt then BAM! they found something, but then it got watered down (current rope color)

Funny someone made this thread. I was just arguing this to a friend last Monday because it really does matter. Raw's secondary color is white, but the ropes should be red. It looks better and that's the primary color that defines Raw and actually Raw's secondary color is black actually and has been for a long time. My mistake. The third color is white. Smackdown's secondary color is white actually. So the white ropes ARE a definate mistake.

I hate the little changes because I'm a guy who pays attention to detail. Everything! This is like how I see too many girls cutting their hair lately as if all girls can rock that look and they cant. You could say it's just hair, but for some chicks the long hair looks better on them as opposed to short.

A guy may wanna change his hair color and it doesnt look right as well, but it's just hair you could say, but it doesnt look right.

I'd just prefer Raw's natural rope color, not the red white and blue ropes because those ropes should only be used during the 4th of July or SNME maybe, but red ropes are THE ropes imo and red white & blue just didnt cut it. That to me is like a wrestler trying to find the gimmick the works and the first one didnt then BAM! they found something, but then it got watered down (current rope color)

Thank you! Finally someone who reallyyy sees the significance of it. Red is Raw, it is tradition, and it is just something Raw has visually been associated with, Smackdowns been known as "the blue show" and Raws known as "the red show", the ropes were part of that. Red ropes were not just a colour, they were RAW.

I'm just like you, I notice all of the little changes and pay attention to detail :) I think these visual changes they have made over the past 2 years or so have damaged the atmosphere from what it used to be, I previously made a thread called "Has WWE going HD damaged the atmosphere?" which a lot of people agreed with me on, this is similar, but just based on one thing rather than everrthing as a whole, some haven't considered that.

You know, except those first 5 years or so, when the ropes were red, white, and blue, and the logo was red and white. Outside of that time frame, you're absolutely right, Raw has been Red. But the ropes change periodically. Get over it.

Well my mistake then, as for the rest, just no.

:icon_sad:

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO MORE RED ROPES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so upset!!!

Big deal. Changes happen. More people have probably been pissed off because Raw's theme music changes. "But they are the show's colors!!!" So fucking what? Red is still shown throughout the whole fucking show! To bitch about ring rope colors being changed is a reach for anything to complain about.

ChiHawks is absolutely right. What next? Somebody bitching about the WWE placing their logo all over the dasher boards?

White's as neutral and unoffensive as you can get. Now if you were to say that red ropes deserve the same opprotunities that white ropes are getting, you might have a thread. Maybe.

I like the new ring ropes, brings in a nice sort of contrast to the rest of Raw being pure red, all one colour gets a bit boring, it's why I like Kofi/Ted DiBiase matches

Why is he getting so much crap for saying he doesn't like the color? I think white ropes look freaky too.

Why is he getting so much crap for saying he doesn't like the color? I think white ropes look freaky too.

Because one person said "there just ropes" to which a lot of other people have to join in, it's how it works around here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back